Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

As we get older...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:29 AM

..it is amazing how our viewpoints on so many things can change as we age and learn more about this crazy existance called life. For instance, just a couple decades ago my focus in life was ending the lives of many a furbearer...and I did my job well. Today, I do all I can to help critters and wouldn't harm one unless it was to protect myself. I feel no guilt for the past, but now enjoy animals and life around me far more. :sorry: I used to hate cats, now I love the damn furballs. Got plenty of them around the place now (5), and the rodent population is at an all time low..;-) :sorry: Anyone else done a 180 on anything as you got older? ISO
  • Roseman likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

I swore I would never grow up but it happens, I am a shut in now....at 33.

#3 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:56 AM

me too giggles...the swearing to never grow up part, that is Posted Image

#4 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

I swore I'd never quit drinking beer and I quit from age 22 to age 31. Then I quit at age 40 and started back at 49. I could name 15 things that I;'ve done 180 degree about, mostly beliefs and religion and family matters. I've been married three times, once for 17 years, once for 3 months and recently for two years. As we get older, we mature and change.

#5 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:33 AM

Many things have changed with me too. Some things I am more liberal in (civil rights) and some more conservative (individual rights). I also wouldn't hurt and innocent animal and have become a big recycle nut too.

#6 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

I went from being a beef and potatoes man, tob eing a vegetarian. THAT IS 180 DEGREES!

#7 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 04:31 PM

nice! i am a vegetarian too! its nice too know theres another out on gp

#8 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:43 AM

and who's parents didn't get much smarter as we got older!

#9 Guest_Bullseye_*

Guest_Bullseye_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2007 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, used to know everything only to find out everything I knew was wrong. Apparently successfull at never growing up though, still get told to do so occasionally.

#10 MrLizard27

MrLizard27

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

i did not want kids. I have 7 and they are the greatest source of joy i could ever have ....most of the time

#11 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

7? u got a basketball team with 2 subs!!!!!!congrats and may god be with you mrlizard

#12 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:16 PM

I think the Who wrote this song {a baby brain and old mans heart it took 18 years to get this far} says it all.it's not till later in life you unstand what your mom&dad were talking about.I have seen the changes in this life and look back and say how did I make it this far.One thing I'am a survivor and the will to survivor will always drive me.what you say today you will not do,in ten years you are doing what you said you would not.thats life way of saying you are grown up now do what you have learmed and grow some more cause you are not done. PEACE

#13 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:22 PM

nobody will ask why you are called mrlizard, with 7 kids.Great going I know you are lol and crying at the same time and lol alot.That's great 7 little ones to teach and learm from too. PEACE

#14 Guest_Monday Murphy_*

Guest_Monday Murphy_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

nobody will ask why you are called mrlizard, with 7 kids.Great going I know you are lol and crying at the same time and lol alot.That's great 7 little ones to teach and learm from too. PEACE

Posted Image Posted Image...... :Good Job:....Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 MrLizard27

MrLizard27

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

Ok here is the story She had 4 I had 2 and we have one for a total of Seven as far as the MrLizard thing goes he is one of My favorite comic book characters. Anyone ever red Ralph Snart?

#16 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 07:01 PM

no but now i do!
Posted Image Mr. Lizard is a large reptillian beast first introduced to Ralph in volume 2 when a hot chick throws a bag containing Mr. Lizard into Ralph's convertable. In his next visit to RSA, we learn that Ralph Snart is personally responsible for Mr. Lizard's unusual size and ability to converse because Ralph fed him radioactive crickets when he was a child. Irritable and easily annoyed, Mr. Lizard loves beer and getting trashed as much as his co-star Ralph.

#17 MrLizard27

MrLizard27

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:48 AM

Yup that be him The uncompromising attitude of that guy is too much Thanks for posting that Dojo

#18 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:38 AM

I know I love the gecko commercials on tv !

#19 pennylane

pennylane

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

I told myself Id never quit my job ever! Then I quit my job! No regrets makin that choice! A woman can stay home with the chidin' and its a bveautiful thing! stayin home with the bambinos ya just cant spend much munny if times get hard, we lived on a budget everyone thought I would spew out 10 kids! I stopped with 2 pieces of my heart, giving birth is the best thing about being a woman children are big responsabilitys I did love makin babies! peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users