10 replies to this topic

#1 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:41 PM

I don't even have my plants out of the ground yet. And I am already planning for next year. I am already starting my mothers and hunting down new spots. I am stocking my spots with soil and cutting down and clearing brush. I can't wait!! I am adding chicken wire fence to the spots with rabbits and deer. No more fence just around a single plant I am making pens to hold patch's, Like 10f x 10f pens if not bigger. Also I am stocking up on Burlap sacks before spring comes and I can't find any, I learned my lesson this year when I couldn't find any.. I can't wait.. Am I obsessed?? Or is there other's like me out there? Do they have a twelve step program for people like me???

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 04:11 AM

I am planning for next year also. We are expanding our cover over our grow area. It lets the light thru but not the rain. Where I live when it rain it comes down in buckets and breaks branches. Going to put up another section of fence and extend the grow area. I am already excited.

#3 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 01:47 PM

Hi my name is Shaman and I have a problem!! I just can't stop thinking about next years crop. I get a thrill out of lurking in the bushes.. Planting patch's every where I can... It has been two days since I was last in the bush, I can feel the twitches coming on and my green thumb itches like crazy, I don't know how long I can hold out!!!!! Harvest is coming!!!!! TWITCH TWITCH!!!!!

#4 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

I'm just a dumb southern boy , but I just can't figure. 20 years ago, me and two bros grew outdoors. We found a fresh water island in a very large lake, about the 2nd largest lake in the state. We pretended to go fishing and to go hunting, and best of all , we did not have to deal with the deer. BUT we still had to deal with pests like rabbits, we had all kind of varments, pests, insects, and then there was the summer heat, the hauling of water, (got heavy for 60 to 80 plants) and the dirt! And the carrying of the plants to the truck at harvest. Now I just grow in my air conditioned home, with central heat and I do not have deer, rabbits, heat, bugs, and I do not haul the water but a few feet. And I do not get dirty or bit by red bugs and chiggars and mosquitoes. Matter a fact, I just got a 40 ft indoor hose pipe. Is it the BONDING WITH MOTHER NATURE experience or what is it about outdoor growing ?

#5 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

The bugs and the heat and all the work don't bother me... I think the only thing about outdoor I don't like is the critters that eat and smoke my plants.. It's the call of the Wild, Calling me back to nature:scream:.

#6 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:55 AM

It's in the blood.

#7 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 02:03 AM

My family has been growing bud for longer than time. Since they first were introduced to it. I learned from my daddy who inturn learned for his dad. I also learned from my grandfather who grew bails for him self. That man smoked more bud than anyone I have ever seen!!! Your right it is in my blood...

#8 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:56 PM

I don't even have my plants out of the ground yet. And I am already planning for next year. I am already starting my mothers and hunting down new spots. I am stocking my spots with soil and cutting down and clearing brush. I can't wait!!
I am adding chicken wire fence to the spots with rabbits and deer. No more fence just around a single plant I am making pens to hold patch's, Like 10f x 10f pens if not bigger.
Also I am stocking up on Burlap sacks before spring comes and I can't find any, I learned my lesson this year when I couldn't find any..
I can't wait..

Am I obsessed?? Or is there other's like me out there? Do they have a twelve step program for people like me???

i wouldn't put any wire up yet, hunting season is about to start all over the place right now... so some young smarts ass later may remember your spot or some dig head tips off the cops about the spot *growers are bad ass terrorist and i'm a good beer head, driving my truck drunk down the wrong side of the highway* shitface-type of fuck...

20 years ago, me and two bros grew outdoors. We found a fresh water island in a very large lake, about the 2nd largest lake in the state. We pretended to go fishing and to go hunting, and best of all , we did not have to deal with the deer.

and rose, deer can swim like a pro, seen more then enough get away from me during season by crossing a lake or river...:Where Dreams are:

#9 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:03 PM

No one hunts in my spots but me.. Good point though!! Beware of the hunters, There is no where I won't go to bag a 8-10 pointer. If I know there is a big buck in the area I will find him. I have stumbled across many a peoples patch chasing game..

#10 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 11:53 PM

These are pic's of a bear that guards my spot. He sits on the top left of the rock lazing the day away. Attached File  DSC00178.JPG   42.89KB   23 downloads After a little swim in the sink hole. Attached File  DSC00179.JPG   42.24KB   24 downloads He knows I mean him no harm. Even though I tread threw his home he has yet to stand up to me,

#11 Guest_Monday Murphy_*

Guest_Monday Murphy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:10 AM

I don't believe my swamp Gators would mess with him...

thanks Shaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users