- - - - -

Kc Brains & Nirvana Seeds!???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_passion2grow_*

Guest_passion2grow_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:13 PM

So I'm looking through the High Times mags. and I stop at the seedbank pages.....an noticed that these companys have a really low price on there seeds... Why is this???? The guess im taking is that they are not strong strains and were produce over all plants strong, weak, etc. And also guessing you get a higher male to female rate from these seedbanks can anyone tell my why these banks are so cheap, or is it just because the seeds are soooo cheap lol..... Hit me back with some info im really in a wounder???

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

I was told most of Nirvana's stuff is f2. Meaning there is a ton of different pheno's. Not bad stuff at all just not uniform. Will you be cloning? I don't know much of KC, except I like their Mango...lol.

#3 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:46 AM

well wrong, the thing about nirvana is that they hardly breed own strains as some do. they basically buy seeds from a "real" breeder and produce seeds at large. that is what makes them operated a bit cheaper. the other thing is that they probably sell in larger volumes then small breeders with only a few strains in all. and the last and best reason why they so much cheaper is the simple reason that the don't make such a fuzz around the products and don't inflated the prices as much as most breeders and seed banks, jess there are some out their that sell standard stains for as much as a few hundred dollars, BC seed depot or such.

#4 Guest_bd1975_*

Guest_bd1975_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:57 AM

So I'm looking through the High Times mags. and I stop at the seedbank pages.....an noticed that these companys have a really low price on there seeds... Why is this???? The guess im taking is that they are not strong strains and were produce over all plants strong, weak, etc. And also guessing you get a higher male to female rate from these seedbanks can anyone tell my why these banks are so cheap, or is it just because the seeds are soooo cheap lol..... Hit me back with some info im really in a wounder???

I've got five Mandela strains going now that I purchased from sensible seed for 12.00 for 10 seed. Mandela seed are cheaper at any seed bank than the others.
I've got good seed one time and seed I could'nt get to do right the next time..the key word may be I..all these strains have different things that will and won't work..what works great on one may not on the other. Also got super girl, to tall, bluberry, bubble gum and mazar..they are all 35 days...ranging from 8 inches to 3 ft.

#5 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 11:30 AM

well wrong, the thing about nirvana is that they hardly breed own strains as some do. they basically buy seeds from a "real" breeder and produce seeds at large. that is what makes them operated a bit cheaper. the other thing is that they probably sell in larger volumes then small breeders with only a few strains in all. and the last and best reason why they so much cheaper is the simple reason that the don't make such a fuzz around the products and don't inflated the prices as much as most breeders and seed banks, jess there are some out their that sell standard stains for as much as a few hundred dollars, BC seed depot or such.

Interesting. I do think some of their lines are unstable too, like the bubblicious. This is not a bad thing breeders like variety. I had so many different phenos show up in just 10 seeds...lol. Thanks for correcting me:)

#6 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

Interesting. I do think some of their lines are unstable too, like the bubblicious. This is not a bad thing breeders like variety. I had so many different phenos show up in just 10 seeds...lol. Thanks for correcting me:)

well, i would say nirvana is only partly to blame on this one besides it is nice to have a bit variety in the grow too*lol* but see it this way: at leased you haven't spend $150 on an unstable strain as nirvana did for you:D:

if you see strains like big bud which you could be bought very stable in the first place from high price breeders since they been around for ever, you can buy very stable seeds from nirvana too.

the bubble gum seeds i bought from serious for like $120-150 some month ago over, i think rhino seeds from uk, they came in the original serious packs, weren't much better then those from nirvana for $30 or $40. so for that part the big bucks stuff hasn't to be any better. it just that nirvana won't do the job that the expansive didn't have done in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users