32 replies to this topic

#26 Melizzard

Melizzard

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

CAUTION ANYONE ALLERGIC TO TOMATOES CAN NOT TAKE THIS OIL.

ReallY?????? Why?

xxoo
Melizzard
  • Itinkso and teddys head like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 eloquentsolution

eloquentsolution

Alchemist Extraordinare!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:24 PM

my version of green dragon (i call it butane dragon) does not have the green taste, thank god, i hate that taste. it does have a hit though and i can't say i would like it's flavor either, but when i can't get mom to take meds other ways, i brew a nice cup of flavorful tea, highly sweetened with honey, then spiked with butane dragon.......she is compliant in no time!
  • Itinkso, teddys head and KnuckleDragger like this

#28 CesIsAmazing

CesIsAmazing

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:35 PM

Hello! I'm a huge fan of Rick Simpson's oil and today is my second attempt at making the oil. the first time was unsuccessful as i only used about 1/4 and didn't get much out of it. (major let down) Today, I'm actually using an oz of Queso strain. I have Everclear 95% proof and am all set to go. I do however have a question; is there a reason we are heating the bud material? My bud is pretty dry as i've let it sit out for about 72 hours in open air. I'm also using a rice cooker as the video shows is that still okay? BTW thank you so much for all the hours you all have contributed to this cause. it's helped more people than you know =)
  • Larry902 likes this

#29 Larry902

Larry902

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just out of curisoty I was wondering why the solvent has to be boiled off using heat. I mean, the solvent strips the plant of everything useful so what's left is the solvent and the oil. Alchohol evaporates pretty fast on its own so wouldn't putting in the pot in the backyard for a few hours to let it evaoprate then be left with mostly the oil be the same thing. Put the container on a coffee warmer to get rid of the solvent then put the oil in the oven at 240F for a half an hour to decarbonize(can't spell it) it then the quality should theoretically be the same. I dunno, is this idea worth pursuing?

Edited by Larry902, 25 June 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#30 Larry902

Larry902

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

Well, I don't see any reason why this couldn't work. I'm gonna get maybe an ounce of good bud, some everclear(if I can find it), then let the alchohol evaporate at its own rate. If the oil film on top prevents the alchohol from evaporating I'll have to heat it but by crontrast butane evaporates really fast. Either way, I'll still be getting the canabanoids(I hope). Never tried this before but I'm buying bho anyway. However, the only bho available is sativa and I want indica strain. What the heck. I'll try anyway. If it don't work, I have a backup plan. It is dissapointing that I could only expect about 5 grams of oil out of the ounce of weed. Don't have a choice at this time. Maybe I should figure out how to grow!

Edited by Larry902, 30 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

• Turf likes this

#31 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

We do our ethanol extractions frozen to keep the chlorophyll and water soluble pickup low. Check out our procedure at http://skunkpharmres...wet-extraction/

Attached Files

• Turf, KnuckleDragger, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#32 Abraxas

Abraxas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:45 AM

Does anyone know the "life" of this tincture.  I have been given a bottle that is at least a year old and is more brown than green.  Perhaps because it was stored in the clear everclear bottle and was exposed to light.  Is this stuff still safe to use and does the potency decline with age?

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#33 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21658 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

Does anyone know the "life" of this tincture.  I have been given a bottle that is at least a year old and is more brown than green.  Perhaps because it was stored in the clear everclear bottle and was exposed to light.  Is this stuff still safe to use and does the potency decline with age?

I wouldn't use it myself because it sounds like its badly degraded. The two things that hurt it are oxygen and light. it must be stored in a bottle kept in a cool dark location for best use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users