16 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:15 PM

Just a lil post about organic cloning. For an organic rooting solution i use a litre of water i add three table spoons sugar and i cut two to three inch long long lengths of willow branches and let them soak for one month. Willow branches have long been known as a way to root clones and cuttings this is because of the high levels of indolebutyric acid which all your commercial rooting solutions have synthetic versions of. This is one of the oldest and best working rooting solution. hope this helps someone. <edit> im not going to change the original post as to show im still learning one you dont have to let it sit for a month its actually fine to let is sit for three days, and some say its better as it wont turn bad as it could do otherwise. also you dont need the sugar, so pretty much to sum it up three days no sugar lol.

Edited by Mr.Moonbiscuit, 07 March 2010 - 09:45 PM.

• godspeedsuckah, jangel, 4everhydro and 6 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 MrPig

MrPig

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

this is an awesome thread, gracias. theres a brief mention of this method on Jorjes Medical Grow Bible, but thanks for putting it in to detail.
  • Aint easy bein Geezy likes this

#3 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

yeah i forgot to mention that i started off my seeds this year with this mix and the roots seem to be much more well developed i just started them on valentines day and they already show the root structure of a 2 week old plant

#4 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

so another side effect is the plants grow very leggy least mine did.

#5 Guest_Mary Jane_*

Guest_Mary Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

You can also use aspirin. It contains Willow Bark. Success rate is not as high though. just add 1 crushed advil to about 4 cups of water.

#6 Guest_White Grape_*

Guest_White Grape_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

On one hand I'm pissed I didn't already know this.amim.smiley.gif On the other hand, thanks for posting this.

#7 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

lol white grape we all continually learn like i sure didnt know there was willow bark in asprin interesting!

#8 Guest_White Grape_*

Guest_White Grape_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:22 PM

I did know aspirin was derived from willow. I have 3 weeping willows and a pussy willow on my property. I've known how easy they root for years, I just never put 2 and 2 together. We've had some warm weather and the sap is rising, so I'll go out and cut some for my next cloning. Thanks again Mr. Moon, I love learning stuff like this.

#9 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:40 PM

its not a problem also i am going to revise as ive learned some interesting facts ive found out about it.

#10 Guest_White Grape_*

Guest_White Grape_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:20 PM

I've been using a homemade turbo cloner with a little bit of nutes and cloning gel. I've used it long enough that I'll be able to tell if the willow works better, the same, or worse. Should be fun.

#11 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

please do post the results of your test in here, ive tried the powders and gels and such and i always got better results from the willow but i might be biased as im an organics boy, i always look for people to try things out ive said to prove or disprove lol, hell who knows maybe mixing the powders gels and such with the willow would create an omega root structure but alas i digress lol.

#12 Guest_White Grape_*

Guest_White Grape_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

I will. That's the only part of my grow that isn't 100% organic. The nutes and cloning gel are in very small quantities and I think I would have similar results if I didn't use them. I'm talking 1 teaspoon of FF grow big and 1 teaspoon of Rootech cloning gel in 10 gallons of water. About 5 days in I add 2 1/2 more gals. of plain water to replace what leaked out, 10 days in I pot them up. The root structure is usually thick and around 4 in. long with some around 6 in. If the willow can do half of that in the same time frame I'll be one happy camper.

#13 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 04:09 PM

i would be too lol

#14 Guest_Mary Jane_*

Guest_Mary Jane_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:15 AM

What is the sugar for? Just curious

#15 Mr.Moonbiscuit

Mr.Moonbiscuit

guerilla is my game.

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

i had heard from an old gardener that it sped up the rooting process but ive since learned that its not nessacarily so thats why i edited it to read dont need lol

#16 Greenleafytrees

Greenleafytrees

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

it's pretty cool you mention this i saw this on the web awhile ago:)

Make your own willow water:

Easily root azaleas, lilacs, summersweets (Clethra spp.) and roses by gathering about two cups of pencil-thin willow branches cut to 1-3 inch lengths. Steep twigs in a half-gallon of boiling water overnight. Refrigerated liquid kept in a jar with a tight-fitting lid will remain effective up to two months. (Label jar so you won’t confuse it with your homemade moonshine.) Overnight, soak cuttings you wish to root. Or water soil into which you have planted your cuttings with the willow water. Two applications should be sufficient. Some cuttings root directly in a jar of willow water. Make a fresh batch for each use. You can also use lukewarm water and let twigs soak for 24-48 hours.

i'll be trying it this spring... also i prefer simple honey... over powder and gels, and the fact i usually have it on hand....PEACE...GLT...xmassmiley40.gif
  • Mr.Moonbiscuit, Aint easy bein Geezy and HippyViking like this

#17 eugenics

eugenics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Locationmontana

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:02 PM

Another method for organic cloning is raw honey. Just apply it like you would clonex and voila.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users