13 replies to this topic

#1 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

i have a small fungus gnat problem, so 4 days ago my Gnatrol came and i added the dosage for slightly infected plants (3 tsp/gallon). when i went to top off the next day the bubbles from the airpump were slightly fizzing, weird...... like flat sprite.... nothing bad has happened up top, but the slight fizz is causing some of my roots to float to the top. has this ever happened to anyone? just wanna make sure its normal, im going to do a resevoir change tonight and im hesitant to add more gnatrol even though it says add every 3-4 days....the directions were for soil though.

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Roseman

Roseman

Teaching to grow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

If the directions said "for soil " ................ I don't know how to not sound like a smart ass and I do not want to do that......really .......but....uh..... but have you ever seen that comedian on tv who uses the line frequently "now here's your clue" or "now here's your sign".......... (I'm just joking and I mean no offense)

#3 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:07 AM

haha very funny
:lame:
anyways.....................
you cant buy small amounts of gnatrol (only 1.5 and 2.5 gallons) so i bought a 14oz container from GTG, an online hydro store that buys gnatrol in bulk and puts it in their own smaller containers..THAT is why i didnt get the original bottle with the complete directions.
Ive read multiple times (on cannabis.com and ICmag.com) that Gnatrol is for Hydroponics, but also can be used in soil,

i just cant seem to find anyone who has used the product.....

please no more smart asses (cough cough 'roseman')

#4 Guest_kanabis kanser_*

Guest_kanabis kanser_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

sorry man. i use this stuff for gnats everytime. but in soil only. i would say your ok. but if you start seeing signs of bad shit, just give her a flush real quick, and only apply as a foliar spray. peace.

#5 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:44 AM

I can't see how it will hurt em....it's bacillus....organic/safe/non-toxic. FOAMING would be my only concern in hydro. Otherwise. Nail them bastaaaahhhds!

#6 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:15 PM

phew... (relaxing) thank you guys for calming my mind.... im feelin good now :D:

#7 MrLizard27

MrLizard27

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:14 PM

Hmm i have a few gnats going on did not think they were an issue other than gnatrol any other products?

#8 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:16 PM

yea i found another product from www.htgsupply.com called "GoGnats".... that is alot easier to obtain than Gnatrol, which only comes in 1.5 and 2.5 Gallon Jugs.

#9 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 12:29 AM

I use goGnats, and if you use goGnats your Gnats will be gone too.

#10 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:47 PM

A cheaper route would be to buy mosquito dunks. They look like small donuts. Drop them in your res and let them go to work.

I think a pack of 6 (which lasts forever) is under $10....Maybe even under $5. I cant recall the price. But its cheap and works like a mofo.

#11 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

where do you get those bloodshot?

#12 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:36 PM

I think you can get those most places. I saw them while @ a hydro shop. But I know most nursuries/garden centers have them.

If not...a quick google should get you squared away.

They saved my grow.

Ive yet to use a whole dunk. I break them into quarters. A gal. jug of water with a quarter dunk. I'll add my ferts to the dunk water and feed. Kills the larvae almost instantly. Flytraps will take care of the adults.

Attached Files

#13 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

thanks!! thats goin to be really helpful to me.

#14 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 08:28 AM

home depot usually has em over by the nasty chemicals/pesticides... there's also a great product from Microbe Lift that contains bti in a very concentrated form for use in ponds...etc. Most online fish stores will have it. DEATH to the gnat!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users