8 replies to this topic

#1 Nimbliez

Nimbliez

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:02 AM

Visit the Microsoft Site, download section at this link: Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Down the right side of the page under the heading Download, Scroll down to the 11th item titled Image Resizer, ImageResizer.exe, 521KB, 2 min @ 28.8KBps

Click the exe file and the download will begin, Install the proggie to the default directory. Once completed, when you RIGHT CLICK a photo or JPG file, in the dropdown box, the 6th item listed will be resize image. In the next box that appears, you'll be asked to select a size small, medium, or large. Click the radio button next to small or medium as these sizes will be downloadable by GP servers without problems.

Once the resizer program has done the resizing it will create a duplicate copy of your pic with the same file including the size you selected. RE: image file name was bigbud21714.jpg. The resized image will be located in the same folder or location your original picture but will have the file name: bigbud21714(medium).jpg

Happy Posting!!
Nim
  • 420oclock, aussi potter, Carolina_sinse and 5 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

This is by far the easiest way to do this I have read. I am going to stickie this Nim, Thanks.
  • Itinkso likes this

#3 Guest_xg0killy0urselfx_*

Guest_xg0killy0urselfx_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2009 - 10:38 AM

Unfortunately since I'm a Win Vista user this powertoyz for XP will not work on my machine.
I thought my only *easy* choice was to resize online, which I am very against since I don't need some random 12 year olds resizing their facebook pics and viewing MY pics since most online resize sites send your photo into "recent" feeds.

I came across Free Image Resize Software Import organize resize photos- VSO (FREE!!) which is easy to use and has worked fine for me so far. I hope this helps any users that also cannot use XP tools.

#4 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:04 AM

You might wanna try google's offering: Picasa 3: Free download from Google

#5 1hitter

1hitter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 06:05 AM

I use Microsoft Office Picture Manager which is really easy to use. I also us a program called Ifranview which is a free download and has a lot of features.
  • jangel, Nimbliez, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#6 boddersbuddah

boddersbuddah

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 11:00 AM

How come we have to go to allthis trouble lol?.Like I uploaded my avitar/pic from one of my Crime Blue plants why cant i just simpley upload lol?.This is a bit much for an inexperianced computer man lol.Gosh I think I'm gonna have to waite till I'm in the mood I think for uploading pics.I know they are vital so will aventually get onto it ok peep's catch yas!.
  • Itinkso likes this

#7 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

i really got used to powertoys resizing on my xp machine, i just upgraded to win 7 and found this tool to be exactly the same (only a bit better).

win 7 powertoys resizing clone
  • Itinkso likes this

#8 Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

you can also use this free utility "image resizer for Windows it works well just like the old power toy for XP but works on WIndows 7. http://imageresizer....ases/view/82827

#9 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21668 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

Here's a couple of other resizers that should work well. http://www.faststone...iewerDetail.htm http://www.fotosizer.com/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users