10 replies to this topic

#1 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

does any body use cal-mag and liquid karma if so i notice that them liiquids a brown and now that i added them to my rez my roots are now brown this is ok? thats from them absorbing the liquid they are floating in?thanks(yes i am a total newb!!!!) peace

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 the.fatman.cometh

the.fatman.cometh

Master Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2498 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:00 AM

I'm not familiar with those, but your logic makes sense to me. I'm a hydro grower myself, but I'm not sure about those nutes, ya know? Peace

#3 Guest_THE BEAR_*

Guest_THE BEAR_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

its normal for roots to brown with certain nuts..dont know if this is the reason for their is also a desiease that turns your roots brown then black..

#4 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:52 AM

Why are you using cal-mag?I use cal-mag in R/O & distilled water to put back cal in the water.Are the roots above the water white,if so the nutr are coloring the roots in the water.I use GH 3 part and diamond nectar and the roots that hit the water turn alittle brown from the nutr.PEACE

#5 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

Cal-Mag works well to raise the pH. Humics work well to lower it. I've been using both of them in small amounts in this grow, when needed. Try some Millennium Ruby Fulvic, toke. It has like 100X the fulvic GH's DN does. that stuff is so weak it isn't even funny. The RF takes 5 mls per gallon..not..like 80 mls or something crazy like the DN. 420...If ya have any moving parts in your system be aware that the Liquid Karma is some dirty shit that has a lot of small particles floating around that will clog things up pronto. I recently tried using it at the rec of a friend but it clogged the float valve up on the 2nd day..not good. I'd love to inject some organic goodness in the mix...but not at the expense of stoppin the flow of nute water in the system!

#6 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:45 AM

Yes that DN is expensive too.A 15 gal res it takes 560ML DN .That's like two Qts. a grow.Where do you get the Millennium Ruby Fulvic?At 5ml a gal would be alot better.Thanks btdt. PEACE

#7 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:22 AM

Here's some info for ya bro. There's a tab for "where to buy"...check it out and see if anyone close to ya carries it. Otherwise i know you can find in a search online.

http://www.lifecircle.com/rf.php

good info, IMO.

GH oughta be shot for selling that watered down crap called Diamond Nectar. Again..a purty label hiding a weak/inferior product.

good luck bro

#8 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:41 AM

Thanks btdt,Theres a wormsway in my state,but on the other coast.They are like a buck higher.With shipping ,I'll order from the site you turned me on too.Thanks angain. PEACE PS theres alot of good reading there too.

#9 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

yeah i was useing distilled water in my bubbleponics with stealth hydros nutes,i had a mg def when rust spots started appearing on all my leaves so i got that stuff seem to be doin good now though thanks yall

#10 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:32 AM

i use gh flora, cal mag, and liquid karma, with distilled water.... in a dwc bucket...the roots have a slight brown tinge below the water line but are white above...and since i dont have any moving parts it works out pretty nice..... this is my first grow though, so im thinking about using the advanced nutes 3 part and some of there crazy enhancers, but i dunno, im still debating.............

#11 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:43 AM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users