Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Found something new that doesn't look healthy...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:51 PM

okay if the rest of you witnessed something similar outdoors and knows what to do about it be so kind and let me know:wink: okay, it looks like a rush or so, bit like odd mold, but i'm not quiet sure really on this. so anyone an idea on this please:aaargh:

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   444.93KB   23 downloads
  • Attached File  2.JPG   397.24KB   15 downloads
  • Attached File  3.JPG   310.69KB   10 downloads
  • Attached File  4.JPG   288.31KB   8 downloads

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

am i glad that this is a place where a senior can also post questions without having all the noobs right away on his back:wink:

#3 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:16 PM

I don't know what it is but it looks like some kind of wood mold/rot. I have seen similar mold/rot on maple trees, What is around the plant other trees, Old wood???

#4 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

I don't know what it is but it looks like some kind of wood mold/rot. I have seen similar mold/rot on maple trees, What is around the plant other trees, Old wood???

actually there is a lot old would around them, they sitting on a old wooden pallet and that is sitting on an old wooden composter again probably loaded with rotted old wood.... so this could really be the case. shit:aaargh:

and in addition to this there are several old trees in the vicinity of this plant too.
probably it is your mold:(

you got any good idea on cleaning this up without killing the plant, the thinks i got in mind will do them both....

#5 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 07:53 PM

I don't know how to help cure it.. I would seclude it from any others, and try to find any trace of where it came from. And definetly remove the sorce...

#6 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:07 PM

I don't know how to help cure it.. I would seclude it from any others, and try to find any trace of where it came from. And definetly remove the sorce...

well it is now 6ft away from the rest, and probably eaten soon by my rabbit if i won't find another place for it anyway... but right, i gonna look for the source of that mold tomorrow, maybe i can find it and burn it of with a propan torch:shoot:

#7 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

what about hitting your plants with some neem oil...great fungescide..may help your problem

#8 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:03 PM

what about hitting your plants with some neem oil...great fungescide..may help your problem

is now the question were to get it on the quick without much hassle...

...besides, in my research to neem oil i found a few warnings that this stuff is actually frequently contaminated with mold spores itself... hack i don't know, if i find some on moday's shopping trip i will try this stuff, but way can't my good old fashion tobacco tea not cure this too?:D:/>

#9 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:13 PM

ya i dont know..i havent had anyproblems with using neem oil...you could just get some neem plants an probley leech the funguscide outta it an hit it with that so you know theirs no mold..but like i said its the only insecticide an funguscide i use for its all natural..

#10 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 09:26 PM

okay the AZ, i gonna trust you on this one, will buy me some on monday to fix this:)

#11 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:12 PM

Powdery mildew, maybe?

http://images.google...23,CNDB:en&sa=N

http://images.google...23,CNDB:en&sa=N

hard to tell from your photos if it's PM....but I'd be reading up and trying to figure out a way to determine of it is.

good luck btdt

#12 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 06:12 AM

it's mildew and fungus, happens all the time where i'm at. neem i don't think will work, as it is an oil (kills bugs and mites by coating their body and suffocating them), however, coppercide should fix it up within a few days. kp

#13 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

...mhh never the less i was searching early on for the source of the shit, found nothing and flamed down the boards to be sure there is nothing surviving my visit... it is a strong plant, maybe it makes it on its own...

#14 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:57 PM

besides, that looks as foamy as the shit on my plant looks like http://images.google...gu...DB:en&sa=N so mabe this is the pest i got here going.... shit!

#15 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 01:59 PM

neem oil also acts as a funguscide so it make work for mold an mildew...just my 2 though

#16 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

we will see on this AZ, if it works i make a thread about this here:wink:

#17 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 02:10 PM

well i hope it works for you..it has done wonders for me....every couple weeks to a month in veg an the first half of flowering you should spray with neem just to keep things in check...

#18 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:45 PM

okay checked everywhere for neem oil, even went to an organic store today, nothing, so i got me something else for this, hope it will work out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users