63 replies to this topic

#26 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

Just a gentle reminder folks. Please get checked! Someone loves you and you love someone. Get screened. Peace
  • Lacy likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Nimbliez

Nimbliez

gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:32 PM

well if that is important... life does kill you anyway..

all women knows PMS is heck! for women and men.. fuss over little things and all that? pot helps the pains

all people with asthma even me..helps, it helps people who lost the appetites, they will have good muchie after being stoned super time.. so appetites is filled.. not lost..
should I go on?? doctor did not listen this time.. government did not listen this time..
change it will help alot better.. I can sew on my own.. I can mediate on my own.. life is hard and we dies.. friends or foe.. I better stick with growing and live my life..
just until doctors and government listen.. or better yet is there any pothead and is licensed as doctor? I would trust that man/lady better..

when will doctor listen? maybe it is very important if doctors and government listens better? will that promote a better health care?

You are absolutely right Pappa, This is the reason we all here at GP do what we do to right the wrongs. As little as it may seem, It is a growing movement. We the people should take it upon ourselves to learn a little medicine, how the body works and what in 'nature' will help it work better. You and me, we will keep growing and giving medicine where and when it is needed. Trust in yourself, never in government, or so-called professionals. Peace my friend!
Nim
  • jangel likes this

#28 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 07 April 2009 - 01:42 PM

Haven't bumped this in a while, folks. PLEASE get checked. Today I have heard of someone else fighting this type of cancer. Remind your loved ones, ask your neighbors, tell your dads, inform everyone... This is preventable. Get checked. Some one loves you and needs you. Do it for them. Peace
  • pine boy likes this

#29 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 05:08 AM

Please let us know if you have been screened. This is your life, and everyone else you love. Don't hurt those you love. Peace

#30 Lacy

Lacy

Serious Stoner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

Just a gentle reminder folks. Please get checked!

Someone loves you and you love someone.

Get screened.

Peace

I cried!
I'm sorry:sorry:

I thank you..:toking:..this is for youHug Smiley
  • jangel likes this

#31 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

Thanks sweetpea. Just get your sweetie to get checked. and anyone else you know. Spare their loved ones. And carry this message to everyone you know.

Save someone's life.

Peace

#32 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

Way back when you wrote this I wonder how many men did get checked because you shared this big deep personal part of your life,, I am so sorry for your loss back then. Thank you for sharing Jangel....... And Men, Have you been checked?????
  • jangel likes this

#33 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:28 AM

um... no... ! damn i hate doctors and checkups... grrrr
  • jangel likes this

#34 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

um... no... !
damn i hate doctors and checkups... grrrr

Do you like dieing in agony and being 80 lbs when they bury you better?

That is what it is about Ileso....

Now they can even check by a blood test...get screened.
  • DEBhasgrn likes this

#35 ileso

ileso

StONeD iLeSO

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5521 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:37 AM

.. yes i know!
  • jangel likes this

#36 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 01:31 PM

Just to ask our new members...

Have you been screened????

do it for those you love!!!!!!!!!

YouTube - The "CURE" is HERE so stop your "RUNNING"

#37 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 05:23 PM

This is part of what makes me do what I do. Please read this and PLEASE get screened. Get your family screened as well.

We work together to help others survive. How stupid is it for us not to get screened and prevent this from happening?

Be smart. Be Proactive.

Get screened!!
  • DEBhasgrn likes this

#38 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

Sad to say but it is few who do get screened,,,, Maybe I am wrong though, I hope so
  • jangel likes this

#39 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

Have you been screened for prostate cancer? This can now be done by a simple blood test in many areas.

Don't risk your life!

Get screened for your family and loved ones. And women, make sure the men in your lives have been screened ! This is one cancer that can easily be tested for before it is too late. If you love the men in your life, make sure they get screened!

Peace
  • McBong likes this

#40 McBong

McBong

Cat burglar

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:05 PM

Just found this post and was saddened by what i read, jangel i feel for you and the families involved i send prayers your way. I have just booked myself in to have a full M.O.T at the Drs on Fri, quite looking forward to it as my Dr is fresh out of Med school and is 12 years younger, if i’m a good boy i may even get a lilli-pop. The big C has been the killer of most of my family over the years so best i do get checked regular. Guys don’t forget your health is on your hands, who best to know when things are wrong and seek help, put the childishness aside and go get checked. Peace and light McBong
  • jangel and Itinkso like this

#41 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Just found this post and was saddened by what i read, jangel i feel for you and the families involved i send prayers your way.
I have just booked myself in to have a full M.O.T at the Drs on Fri, quite looking forward to it as my Dr is fresh out of Med school and is 12 years younger, if iím a good boy i may even get a lilli-pop.
The big C has been the killer of most of my family over the years so best i do get checked regular. Guys donít forget your health is on your hands, who best to know when things are wrong and seek help, put the childishness aside and go get checked.
Peace and light
McBong

This is what I love to here, my friend. People are so precious. We each have to be here to help others, and our selves. Bring up this type of discussion with your friends, with your brothers, anyone, everyone. You never know, you could save someone's life. Isn't that worth it?

And you only have to worry if both of the doctor's hands are on your shoulders....LOL!

shakehands.gif
  • Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#42 McBong

McBong

Cat burglar

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

HAHAHAHAH I'll be doing more than worrying if my Dr has both hands on my shoulders as my Dr is female, mind you best of both worlds HAHAHAH I'll be mentioning it to all my friends and possibly people i meet whilst out on one of my many photography outings. Peace McBong
  • jangel, Itinkso and DEBhasgrn like this

#43 Sprocket

Sprocket

Somber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2597 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

i'll only do it if it's a female doc. having some dude anywhere near my junk is a little weird.
it's like, "so....you see the game yesterday?"
doc: "sure did, can you drop your pants and take it out please?"
shakehands.gif

• jangel likes this

#44 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

i'll only do it if it's a female doc. having some dude anywhere near my junk is a little weird.
it's like, "so....you see the game yesterday?"
doc: "sure did, can you drop your pants and take it out please?"
:welcome:

Sprocket, you know, I love ya honey, but it is attitudes like this that kill people. How smart is this male attitude when having a "doctor" no matter male or female, doing this simple test, can save your life!

:pns: shakehands.gif shakehands.gif wall.gifwall.gif

It makes no sense to me, sweetie. You want to stay alive to walk those girls down the aisle when it is time, don't you? Who cares who does the test, so long as you get it done, sweetie. Don't be so pig headed about this.

It can cost you your life.

Peace
  • Sprocket likes this

#45 Sprocket

Sprocket

Somber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2597 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:27 PM

i don't mean to make light of it. it's just a personal preference. my wife will only see a female gynecologist for the same reason. a male OBGYN makes her feel uncomfortable.
  • jangel likes this

#46 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 03:30 PM

i don't mean to make light of it.
it's just a personal preference. my wife will only see a female gynecologist for the same reason. a male OBGYN makes her feel uncomfortable.

As long as it does not prevent you from getting screened, that is what is important. No one should be limited by such a thing. I do understand, but for many people, there is no choice.

Peace
  • Sprocket likes this

#47 Sprocket

Sprocket

Somber

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2597 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

i can understand that. i do not make light of being healthy, in fact it is central to my lifestyle, but i can speak for most guys that when dealing with medical issues that are .....groin related, it can be unnerving. i deal with such issues in a humorous way. even if i did have to have a male doc, i'd be cutting up with him the whole time. regardless of what he was or wasn't holding. cancer is no laughing matter though, no matter where it strikes. my wife's father died from it 2 weeks ago, her mother has battled ovarian cancer, my father has battled leukemia, so we are no way strangers to the big "C". jangel, i commend you for posting this thread, and being so considerate of the members here. i was just talking to I8ntLucky_UR about how GP really is like family.
  • jangel and like this

#48 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:27 PM

Sometimes sharing like this with our GP family is all we can think to do to help. I know there was not a thing I could do for my cousin. All I CAN do is hopefully help someone else NOT have to die this way. At least then, it will not be in vien. That is all I can do with this. ...and at times, if feels like the very least I CAN do. Pay it foreward sweetie, pay it foreward. Peace
  • Sprocket and Itinkso like this

#49 Guest_operator1_*

Guest_operator1_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:31 PM

Let me speak on behalf of a patient of mine... Lets say his name is Paul. He was a customer at the golf course my wife works at and I was in one day waiting for her to get out of work. I started talking with him and soon found out he had been diagnosed with stage 2 colorectal cancer. He was 56 then. He is now 57 and has progressed to end stage (terminal) cancer and has no hope of recovery. I asked him when I first found out about this why he never got screened before and he said the same thing..."I'm a man and I didn't want a man putting something in my butt"... he regrets that thought now as he is going to leave two children and three grandchildren behind in less than a year most likely. I'm still young, not nearly old enough to be screened, but I do advocate for it. The survival rate for rectal or colorectal cancer is 90% if screened for properly and caught early. It is one of the most treatable, curable cancers for men. I myself will deal with unpleasantness however I have to when the time comes with the thought that I don't have to tell anyone, and the two minutes (not even that long, more like 30 seconds) it takes to do it may very well prevent my wife from becoming a widow, and my kids from being orphaned. Get tested, there are multiple screening options available that don't involve penetration, but get tested anyhow.

#50 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:37 PM

Thank you operator1. Here for colorectal cancer they do self screening tests. This involves a kit you mail in yourself. And in some areas for prostate cancer they can do blood tests. Even if that might not be the option for you, get checked and at least give your self a chance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users