11 replies to this topic

#1 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:48 PM

I'd like to hear what people think of feeding veg nutes during flowering. Boost of N ok from time to time? Or stick to the playbook most seem to go by?

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 midgradeindasouth

midgradeindasouth

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1033 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

I have always heard to use it up to the 2 or 3rd week of flowering. I have heard that they will use it. I have yet to use veg nutes. I plan to start doing alot of things that I am supposed to do. Like using nutes and monitoring ph more regimentaly. I feel like the right nute formula and a good 400hps and I will know whats going on. They are mainly N which is for growing. The K (potassium/potash) is for rooting and flowering. Sorry fo the rambling. I have the movie 300 going on in the top right corner of my monitor

#3 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

I'm experimenting on a plant, I'm using Sea Bird Guano 10-10-2. So far so good, I noticed I'm not losing too many bottom leaves...like I said though it's the first time for me. this is on top of my Botanicare Bloom nutes.

#4 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:02 AM

i dont know about adding veg nutes..but you can defently add nitrogen as you flower but in small quanties an its best only when you think you have defencies...

#5 *GreenPassion*

*GreenPassion*

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:59 AM

I use foxfarm, and my "playbook" from them says to use the growbig during the 7th & the 8th week.

I'd like to hear what people think of feeding veg nutes during flowering. Boost of N ok from time to time? Or stick to the playbook most seem to go by?

#6 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

There is a school of thought out there that lends creedence to using N during flower.

One well-used formula uses Flora Series nutes from GH...and is called the Lucas Formula. More info here

http://www.angelfire...es/profiles.htm

This formula ends up as an almost straight across the board 5-5-5.

Another company to look at is House and Garden. A dutch company..they made ferts for roses for 100 years until one of the stoner kids decided to tailor nutes for cannabis production. ALL of ther formulas use ample doses of N all the way through the grow. In fact, you use the SAME fert all the way through. High in nitrate nitrogen that supposedly keeps the nodes tight and makes the flowers larger than a P-K heavy formula...or so they claim.

this page has these nutes and their N-P-K ratings listed

http://www.plantitea...ult.asp?catid=2

the Lucas article is very informative.

#7 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:43 AM

I ask because I see my plants asking for it. Bottom leaves uniform yellowing and dropping off...then another starts to yellow.

You gave me some peace of mind, btdt. I'll give em a shot next feeding.

I also see on the FoxFarm feeding schedule that they suggest a couple feedings of GrowBig during flower.

Thanks all....

#8 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:00 PM

you could just get a nitrogenbooster...an not use vegging nutes in conjuction with your flowering nutes, could throw the p-k off that way...personally if the plants just want more n i would just give them more n not all three..

#9 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

Some of the reading I've done on the topic suggest that many of the popular P-K formulations out there today...especially those super hot/large #/double-digit kinda offerings...may actually stunt the bloom process because the P tends to lock out many other elements when given in massive doses. Some companies (AN for one) believe that higher K values will boost the bloom... kinda makes ya feel like a mad scientist sometimes, huh?

#10 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

It makes you wonder....It's hard to find a consensus on much of anything in growing. Makes me question how humans have gotten so far long considering we all have differing thoughts on the way everything should be done.

Im starting to realize though....There is no spoon.

#11 Guest_HBB_*

Guest_HBB_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:15 PM

I certainly like to use crushed oyster shells which are high in N, and Alfalfa meal in my flowering mix. Also, at the bottom of each container there is a 3/4-1" of earthworm castings that I put in a layer for the roots to "find" at the end....gives great last boost of floral development. The earthworm method comes from the REv and any advice I get from him is treated like solid gold boobs!

#12 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 05:46 PM

I'm experimenting on a plant, I'm using Sea Bird Guano 10-10-2. So far so good, I noticed I'm not losing too many bottom leaves...like I said though it's the first time for me. this is on top of my Botanicare Bloom nutes.

After a little time I can still say I am using the Sea Bird Guano with nice results, no yellowing at all right now...about 3 weeks into flowering on the plant I am experimenting on. And I also have plenty of guano(10-2-?) in my pot too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users