• Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

Just wondering how hot do you grow?
What sort of ppm do you shoot for?

I'd like to hear about:
seedlings and clones
early veg
Late veg / full flowering

I use www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc3public and tweak it according to how mine look to me. GP if this does'nt take you to there-I tried. Fix it for me!!!:please:Thanks....ya'll go ahead and laugh...I was once 20 also...lol

#3 *GreenPassion*

*GreenPassion*

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:50 PM

Well I have a guide line of: seedlings and clones about 400-600ppm early veg 600-800 Late veg / full flowering 1000-2000 Although, these amounts are considered HOT, so be careful if using these guidelines. I just did a beautiful grow using no ppm meter at all, I just got one as a new toy.

#4 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

Great info. Another distinction I would make is that I believe the numbers above are referencing generalized CHEMICAL nutrient levels in ppms (parts per millions) for each plant stage. ORGANICS are different from my understanding of the topic. To arrive at the "chemical equivilent" of N-P-K of an organic nutrient, DOUBLE the N-P-K values. In other words, an organic nute with an N-P-K of 5-5-5 has the same nutes present as a 10-10-10 chem formula. When it comes to ppm's and organics, I would use the LOWER numbers given above for *maximum* ppm readings in each stage of growth to prevent burn/lockout. seedlings/clones- 400 ppm max early veg- 600 ppm max bloom- 1000 ppm max Note the *MAX* on those numbers. You can grow great meds with far less ppms. ppm readings with ppm pens are fairly right on w/chems if the pen is properly calibrated. However, I tend to use the ppm level as a GENERAL guide with organics because the readings from ppm pens are a bit irregular with ppm pens in organics due to the dirty/turbid/settling out nature of the products. I've always grown organic in soil and never used a pen. (ppm or pH) When I finally did get a pen I checked my runoff water from my containers and they were far more "hot" than I had ever imagined....and I am very reserved with fertilizers applications. This is why I FREAK OUT when I see folks buying Cha-Ching or any of the other 30-40-50 rated N-P-K CHEM formulas. I'd wager 90% of the problems noobs have stem from the use of these types of fertilizers....and I'd wager that the digital readout on the ppm pens of many of these folks would "flash" 2000 (the highest the pen will read because it's basically TOXIC) if they had the chance to check their runoff water. The addage "Less is More" applies FULLY to nutrients. ALL nutrients will BUILD UP in the soil/medium, and periodic waterings with fresh/pH adjusted water (if possible) will help dilute and flush the excess salts...or will make them available to the plant again if they are present in HIGH levels (lockout) within the planting medium. Products like Clearex and FloraKleen also help breakdown the salts and flush them out. As a last resort...a flush with a 1/4 strength nutrient solution will also help flush out some of the older nutrients and drop ppms. happy growing, all. btdt

#5 Guest_bd1975_*

Guest_bd1975_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:33 PM

Well I have a guide line of:

seedlings and clones about 400-600ppm
early veg 600-800
Late veg / full flowering 1000-2000

Although, these amounts are considered HOT, so be careful if using these guidelines.
I just did a beautiful grow using no ppm meter at all, I just got one as a new toy.

My meter is almost like my cigarettes-I've been burnt bad before and that was after I had the meter. I had been useing the same water so long I'd got comfortable w/ doing it w/o the meter. The water company did something to the lines or something, I mixed a batch and they looked like death the next day. I checked the plain water and the ph was so high the meter would'nt read it. I still don't know exactly what went wrong-but now me and that meter ride together!!!!I put some in dirt this time{first time in 20 years} and glad I did-it's 107 and I've got ac blowing on the totes and ice in them-if the ones in dirt were in water....I've got a hanna and I'm pleased w/ it. Just cost another c note to get cal. solution etc...

#6 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

Be careful with that flush in soil....you will be flushing out the good stuff in the soil along with the salts. Have a plan to get the soil's nutrients balanced out again quickly.

Or you'll be fighting deficiencies the rest of the grow :boxing:....1st hand experience.

With my dwc bucket...I had only a ph meter....too bad the plant was male...It was the best of the bunch.

#7 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:55 PM

I follow the guidelines for my nutes for the most part, depends on what strain to an extent. I must admit this is an area I do not know about that well I just read the instructions and that was good enough for me. This is going to be a good thread. GP I'm growing some Blue Berry and it is really hard to keep it happy. Are those hot PPM numbers something you used on Blue Berry, I'm pretty sure you grow Mazar and BB if not I must have my guys and strains mixed up.

#8 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hey Gigs...just to let you know...on the new batch Im getting started on....I plan on using NO nutes until I get to 12/12. Im sure I'll have to add something along the line...but if I can get away with it until flowering I will.

But I will be using the Tiger/Big Blooms during 12/12. I figure the plants will be strong and healthy enough for sure...and will actually use the nutes....instead of letting it build up in the soil.

And where can I find a ppm meter for a good price?

#9 Guest_bd1975_*

Guest_bd1975_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

Well I have a guide line of:

seedlings and clones about 400-600ppm
early veg 600-800
Late veg / full flowering 1000-2000

Although, these amounts are considered HOT, so be careful if using these guidelines.
I just did a beautiful grow using no ppm meter at all, I just got one as a new toy.

At times I find it hard to say (or make myself clear to people -not just on GP-but family etc. wondering if it's part of the illness) so everyone bear w/ me.
I know these #'s are hot :shoot:and I just glean whatever information I feel is useful to me and use it to the best of my ability as each of us do. Just as there are reasons for running hot at times. I've got some under cfl and others lite up like a christmas tree. I've seen 20 footers these guys grow on the MS, but have I ever had a 20 footer-nope-and if I ever do I'll make lots of pictures and look at them....lol It's 107 here today so I'm having to do things different than usual. I think being able to look around and use whatever u have to it's highest potential and just good common sense makes or breaks you. My plants tell me when I'm runing hot or they're hot.
Any post I make is only my thoughts and past experience and does not imply that anyone should use adv nut charts or supplies. I don't necessarly use their charts{or nutes-to high for me} either...but was able to get info I did'nt know from there. I was raised on a farm and grew everything in chicken shit, we put it on rye grass, the garden, marijuana...

#10 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hey Gigs...just to let you know...on the new batch Im getting started on....I plan on using NO nutes until I get to 12/12. Im sure I'll have to add something along the line...but if I can get away with it until flowering I will.

But I will be using the Tiger/Big Blooms during 12/12. I figure the plants will be strong and healthy enough for sure...and will actually use the nutes....instead of letting it build up in the soil.

And where can I find a ppm meter for a good price?

No nutes, what kind of soil? Not even any guano? Don't you want them to get big? lol

I have a Milwaukee PPM meter it cost like 60.00 I'll have to go look at it though to give you a definite on it.

#11 *GreenPassion*

*GreenPassion*

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1152 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

Let me clarify, these numbers are very hot. Something like BB, I'd drop down to around 800 or so.

The ppm numbers need to be modified according to your personal experiences with a specific strain. Always start low and safe.

Some strains, like mazar will take whatever you can throw at em. They'll just pack on more weight, you gotta love that!

My mazar, and my purps, although, are all in soil at 10 days flowering, have fairly large buds formed already. I'm kinda surprised at that.

I think I started to ramble off topic, sorry if I confused anyone. I gotta learn to leave the pipe alone before I post.
Peace

I follow the guidelines for my nutes for the most part, depends on what strain to an extent. I must admit this is an area I do not know about that well I just read the instructions and that was good enough for me. This is going to be a good thread.

GP I'm growing some Blue Berry and it is really hard to keep it happy. Are those hot PPM numbers something you used on Blue Berry, I'm pretty sure you grow Mazar and BB if not I must have my guys and strains mixed up.

#12 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

gigs, in my experience with blueberry, the original beans from dp and f2's, 3's, and 4's all reacted similar.... in veg, they loved nutes. as much as they could get. in flower each became quite individualistic; my problem was that the two main issues were phos toxicity and phos deficiency.... they all wanted different things. kp

#13 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

gigs, in my experience with blueberry, the original beans from dp and f2's, 3's, and 4's all reacted similar....

in veg, they loved nutes. as much as they could get.

in flower each became quite individualistic; my problem was that the two main issues were phos toxicity and phos deficiency.... they all wanted different things.

kp

That is what I'm learning right now, they tend to be more "individual" like you said. I have to treat each one a little different, where as with my Mango they all are pretty much the same.

#14 BloodShotI'z

BloodShotI'z

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1001 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:28 PM

Im sure they'll do fine without the extras early on. I only veg 30 days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users