157 replies to this topic

#51 hickerbilly

hickerbilly

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 07:26 PM

Cool thread! I have been hittin' my head against the wallwall.gif trying to find the best way to make oil and after hours of reading mass threads got a real re-assuring feeling of tryin' the everclear method while reading this thread. I really want to thank you all for this cornucopia of information... I was leanin' towards the butane method and that seemed pretty simple until seeing a possibility of liver damage and traces of petrochems in it! The more time I spend in these Forums... the more I dig them!I wishgif
  • jangel and Itinkso like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 JosieJo

JosieJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:32 PM

Hi hickerbilly - great handle!
Jangel made a list of all the variations on Rick Simpson's method, scroll down this thread

The specifics on my evaporative process: soaked it for a week in Everclear, strained it through coffee filter. First tried air evaporation, too slow. The seedling mat made it go down about 1/4 inch a day in a 6x9" glass pan. I liked this approach cuz no worries about going boom!
  • jangel, JointGirl, hickerbilly and 1 other like this

#53 hickerbilly

hickerbilly

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Josie! That sounds the safest yet... I just ran into that wall again tho'... I went into town to the liquor store and the strongest thing they had was 75% in the form of 151 rum! I wishgif Is the seedling mat something easily found? Do you know if your method would work with naptha (if I can find it)?
  • JointGirl and Itinkso like this

#54 hickerbilly

hickerbilly

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:44 PM

I wishgif

Hi hickerbilly - great handle!
Jangel made a list of all the variations on Rick Simpson's method, scroll down this thread

The specifics on my evaporative process: soaked it for a week in Everclear, strained it through coffee filter. First tried air evaporation, too slow. The seedling mat made it go down about 1/4 inch a day in a 6x9" glass pan. I liked this approach cuz no worries about going boom!

Thanks again for that! I am wondering if even tho' my alcohol is only 70% and the other 30% is water... using the seedling mat... wouldn't the water simply evaporate so that the oil would be all that is left?

#55 hickerbilly

hickerbilly

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:13 PM

Now I'm thinkin' maybe if I put my 70% alcohol and 30% water in the freezer maybe the water will freeze so I can simply pour out the alcohol? I'm gonna give it a try!

#56 JosieJo

JosieJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:43 PM

Just google seedling mat, even Walmart has one, and every garden shop. We had to have someone import the Everclear for us from Oregon. Earlier in this thread is mention of places that sell 99% isopropyl. Naptha is very expensive I hear, and doesn't sound organic enough for me, like grain alcohol, el natural! Experiment and report back, you can always start over again with the raw materials.
  • JointGirl, hickerbilly and Itinkso like this

#57 PacificaGal

PacificaGal

~Namaste~

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hickerbilly, I just recently made the oil, and you can view my process here http://www.greenpass...368-post30.html I used 91% iso from Walmart (roughly $2.25 +/- a large bottle) and it worked just fine, very potent stuff.
You can see the end result here http://www.greenpass...827-post63.html

If you have the time and resources perhaps you can get the 91%?

151 Bacardi was all I could find here too. So I went the 91% iso route
One thing I did learn is that I pulled the oil out of the rice cooker just a bit too early. I should have let it go a bit longer - as it was, I had to let it go on the coffee cup warmer for several days until there was no bubbling or odor of iso.

Good luck to you, looking forward to reading your post on your progress!!
Peace & Light,
PG
  • jangel, JointGirl, hickerbilly and 1 other like this

#58 hickerbilly

hickerbilly

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

Thanks Josie and Pacifica, My idea with trying to freeze the alcohol didn't work... oh well... I guess I'm on hold until my next trip to the city! They have a big-a$$ Wal-Mart about an hour away so hopefully they will have something there! I'll definitely grab a seed mat while I am there too. This is gonna be fun! I will take pics to share how it goes. I'll probably head down Monday.
  • jangel, JointGirl, PacificaGal and 1 other like this

#59 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:10 PM

The same solvent Rick Simpson uses. You Can find it in the paint department used as a paint thinner.

Peace

The stuff sold in department stores is definately not what Rick uses believe me. He uses ether another common name for naptha there are many grades of naptha, one will flash in you face the other one can never be removed, the other 2 are more like soap. Pharm grade ether isn't something to fool with if not knowledgeable in safety prceedures The department store ethers are chemically miles away from pharma ether. Alcohol is alot better.But you can type into msn search engine extracting THC from vegtable matter i will tell you recipe that uses USP glycerine you just mix the glycerne with really top notch bud one pound enough Usp grade glycerine to cover, must be in sealed container I rcomend mixing it and splitting it up among as many mason jars as it takes, shake each jar for 4 or 5 min each day for a month ( somesay 2 but 1 works fine) drain after month use cheese cloth or foodpress if you have one. seal up the precious oil usuaslly for pain a coupe drops under tounge is plenty. Curing cancer you would need to use the whole batch yourself, which should be about 60 grams titrate up to the most you canb handle and good luck.
www.treatingyourself.com also has a recipe backloggd Gandalph

#60 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:15 PM

do they still sell everclear in the states or canada..oh and i think the best way to make it is in a pyrex glass plate pan on the element over some hot stones

Yes look on the internet, I know for sure Mass it is illegal Newyork legal, new hampsire legal
  • jangel, JointGirl and Itinkso like this

#61 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:03 AM

I use the 70 or 90 percent iso and have had excellent results using the rice cooker. Takes a bit longer to render down due to the water but it will evaporate! Water does not have to boil to turn into a vapor, vaporiztion of water occurs above 33F, the heat induced by the rice cooker will remove the water without reaching 212F or 100C rendering usage of iso with water content a can-do. Lately we have been rendering way down to bubble, stirring the residue that has no alcohol smell, just dark oil on the bottom of the cooker and moving it to the stove. Up to medium heat on gas stove, then added a pint of half and half. Stir gently until well blended. Not to boiling, just simmer for a few minutes until the mixture appears consistent in colour. Have four or five large chocolate bars broken up into chunks in a heat proof mixing bowl ( I use an old stoneware bowl ) pour in the cream/oil mixture and stir, I chill in the freezer then make drops dipped in confectioners sugar... Chocolate anyone? Pete

Edited by XBRPete, 15 November 2009 - 10:36 AM.

• jangel, JointGirl and Itinkso like this

#62 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:35 PM

even the smallest amount of iso turns to toluene in your liver good luck,. A nice dark oil is the last thing you want a nice honey color is what we in our buyers club look for.

Edited by Gandalph62, 16 November 2009 - 08:11 AM.
spell checker now working

• Itinkso likes this

#63 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:11 AM

what's wrong with darker oil? i don't see the connection with iso and dark oil and toluene or are you just saying your customers prefer honey. i keep hearing people say chlorophyll is bad bad and i can see why smokers don't want that but i don't see how a darker oil that has the iso burnt off is bad to ingest. we all eat veggies, yes? veggies have chlorophyll. so can somebody tell me what exactly is wrong with a darker oil, why it's unsafe to ingest? from the five extractions i've done my oil has come out dark and yes iso was used. when i hold the pyrex dish up to a light it does have that honey color i keep hearing about. it appears dark looking down at it.
  • Gandalph62 and Itinkso like this

#64 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:56 AM

the sign of it going dark is because of clorophyl, ourright. I am not saying that part is harmful but why have the horrid taste, some people must use huge amount of cannabanoids, (check out Rick's interview in up coming Highimes about amount needed for curing cancer) so the better it taste the easier it is to use. As far as iso I rank it up there with butane honey oil every test I have see shows residue iso or butane left behind. EATING ISO TURNS TO TOLUENE IN THE LIVER why not put a know carcinogen in your liver go for it, it takes time but you will be sorry

Edited by Gandalph62, 16 November 2009 - 08:00 AM.
spelling

#65 ljmgd8

ljmgd8

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:59 AM

From a recrational smoker point of view, chlorophyl is not welcome!
But as i researched the web,about alkalizing your diet (contrary to acidic).
And i found out, that by eating(drinking) chlorophyl source, it alkalizes your body.
And primary cause for cancer is lack of oxygen in the cells, and acid enviroment.
Here is the link to that article:
Complementary Cancer Therapy, Supportive Supplements, Fight Cancer by increasing Oxygen and Alkalinity in the Body

So, using the oil for treating cancer, chlorophyl is not an unwanted substance, when using it for smoking only, honey colour is prefered (no plant residue) That can be achived by freezing the solvent (iso) and weed (by freezing it, plant materials dont disolve in the solvent), and only mix it together for 20seconds, and you should get honey coloured oil.

Regards

#66 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:53 AM

l shall say it just 1 more time ISO is bad fo your liver, . But if you want to get another cancer go for it. then the chlorophyl eat in in other stuff if you think it hepls but it leaves horrid taste, and when your up to the levels you must ingest will be torancid tasing, I have tried with ether (too dangerous)and at the 3/4 gram it was vomit invoking

Edited by Gandalph62, 16 November 2009 - 07:57 AM.
mispelling

#67 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:15 AM

Okay, would adding water to the finsihed product (oil) and burning it off on a coffee warmer and repeating this step let's say five times, would this get rid of every last bit of iso? Anybody?

the sign of it going dark is because of clorophyl, ourright. I am not saying that part is harmful but why have the horrid taste, some people must use huge amount of cannabanoids, (check out Rick's interview in up coming Highimes about amount needed for curing cancer) so the better it taste the easier it is to use. As far as iso I rank it up there with butane honey oil every test I have see shows residue iso or butane left behind. EATING ISO TURNS TO TOLUENE IN THE LIVER why not put a know carcinogen in your liver go for it, it takes time but you will be sorry

#68 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 11:23 AM

Seriously, I don't see many people say ISO is bad but the logic of Gandolph seems sound but most of us only have access to ISO that you get at the drug store so a solution to evaporating all ISO is imperative. It was suggested to me that if you put some droplets of ISO on a mirror and no residue is left then you're good to go...have you heard of this Gandolph?
  • Gandalph62 likes this

#69 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

hey dez I have heard of that but the chemistry, unbiased chemists and the GSM are alot more accurate, used Iso when I was 14 I still can't forget the smell (now 47) maybe I'm hyper sensitive. If you are inthe right state 48 to be exact you look for 100% coooking grain alohol, bakers and candy makers mostly use itm give the interet awhirl I found site that where even going to ship me good old everclear, to an illegal state. If you must use Iso
  • jangel likes this

#70 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:25 PM

rest of message go to AmericaRx.com they have 99% 16 oz. 5 bucks oh and it is Gandalph

#71 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:42 PM

I cannot get Everclear in Canada. And our legal limits as far as strength of alcohol are far lower than in the U.S. If you are aware of how Rick does his oil, what do you say about Naptha, as Rick Simpson uses?

#72 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hey uhm let's see 11-13-09 check my post/posts for that day I went into it at length, hope the info helps. Steve Hager sent me an advanved copy of Rick's interview ( Steve knows of my involement with various tintcures), Rick does great work wish some one would help me move to Canada/California, I want to cure as many people as possible or at least make them less miserable, also you can circumnavigate certain laws like cooking alcohol try sasmabv.com

#73 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 06:49 PM

Hey Gandollph, your post cut off ...""5 bucks oh and it is...?""

Yeah, like Jangel my options are limited. ISO rubbing alcohol is all I can get at Drugmart and it appears to be the same as listed at the site you just shared. Thanks for the info.

rest of message go to AmericaRx.com they have 99% 16 oz. 5 bucks oh and it is Gandalph

#74 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:25 PM

look

#75 Gandalph62

Gandalph62

Alchemist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:28 PM

look closer you have been calling me Gandolph it is Gandalph with an a not an o go back and read post you'll see

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users