157 replies to this topic

#26 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:14 PM

Yes, only use alcohol first. It's the safest way to do it. I don't think there is anything to be gained by using more dangerous, and more expensive, solvents.

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Guest_richarab_*

Guest_richarab_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:53 AM

I think im liking the butane extraction method. I already got someone blowing the glass..Woot..will report back shortly

Edited by richarab, 23 April 2009 - 09:59 AM.

#28 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:36 AM

Make sure you use Calibri butane!

It's the cleanest you can get.

And, amigo, you don't want to smoke petrochemicals.

Alcohol is the cleanest, easiest way to do it.

#29 Guest_SomeDude_*

Guest_SomeDude_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:52 AM

I would do what he says, and use the 90% or more pure alcohol.

Everclear works great (95% alcohol )

Posted Image

http://www.luxco.com....asp?brandid=21

#30 Michael

Michael

Asshat Extrordinaire

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2339 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:11 AM

I love this: "Distilled from 100% selected grains."

What the hell does that mean?

Some guy pointed at a truck full of corn and said dump it right here?

Well, I'm using 100% selected letters in this post, ok?

So, how cool am I now? :pns:

#31 Explosive

Explosive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

I would like to take the time to thanks all the mods and members for the excellent way you take the time to research what you print..as I am trying to build an oil extractor using 5x purified Butane, Ive looked to try and find the 'honeybee extractor' without luck and I really need the extracted oil for my diabetic neuropathy in my feet and hands to make a salve' or poltice or to be able to ingest it somehow....Thanks
  • jangel, wereallstoned and OffDaBaba like this

#32 JosieJo

JosieJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:23 PM

Label on the alcohol says 70% alcohol remainder is acetone and water. Do you think this will work?
  • wereallstoned likes this

#33 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 07:22 PM

I don't know hon, but someone hopefully that does will drop by. I would worry the acetone might hurt you.

#34 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:45 PM

I would stick with the 90% or better or try the method with everclear. I just wouldn't want the extra crap in my body. From what I have read, the extra acetone is harsh on your liver. Liver's are hard to come by... harder than just finding 90% or better alcohol or the everclear.
  • jonnyappleweed420, jangel, I8ntLucky_UR and 3 others like this

#35 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 10:20 AM

The stronger the better.
Peace

Label on the alcohol says
70% alcohol
remainder is acetone and water.

Do you think this will work?

• wereallstoned and OffDaBaba like this

#36 JosieJo

JosieJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 06:54 PM

Thanks, y'all were right, tasted like bullcrap so tossed it (just used leaves 4 practice). Located some 99% isopropyl and will follow directions carefully (like Rick Simpson's method).
  • jonnyappleweed420, GreenGoblin, wereallstoned and 2 others like this

#37 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 11:25 PM

Thanks, y'all were right, tasted like bullcrap so tossed it (just used leaves 4 practice). Located some 99% isopropyl and will follow directions carefully (like Rick Simpson's method).

Nice! Let us know how you make out once it is complete. I am curious.

:)

#38 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

I strongly suggest anyone who wants to use this compound make a few practice runs with leaves,but if you do this with either EverClear Liquor or Isopropal Alcohol(90% or higher) once the the Alcohol smell is gone it's ready,but be prepared to have to thin it out to get to desired consistency.
You can water cure the leaves to flush out the chlorfil and that will help the taste.(but I never said it tasted good to start with) you can add flavoring oils if you like,some prefer honey...
Even this SHAKE OIL is useful as a topical treatment,it may take a few applications but the results will be the same.
Talk about the ultimate GREEN recyclables...(treasure from trash):stick out tongue:
Peace

• Mr.Moonbiscuit, wereallstoned and OffDaBaba like this

#39 judi_b3

judi_b3

On A Healing Mission

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 07:48 PM

Isopropyl alcohol is oxidized by the liver into acetone by alcohol dehydrogenase. Symptoms of isopropyl alcohol poisoning include flushing, headache, dizziness, CNS depression, nausea, vomiting, anesthesia, and coma. Use in well-ventilated areas and use protective gloves while using. Poisoning can occur from ingestion, inhalation, or absorption.

ISO turns into acetone in your liver.

Interestingly, acetone has been shown to have anticonvulsant effects in animal models of epilepsy, in the absence of toxicity, when administered in millimolar concentrations.[17] It has been hypothesized that the high-fat low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet used clinically to control drug-resistant epilepsy in children works by elevating acetone in the brain.[17]

TH
You are spot on! Using ISO does leave a small trace of Acetone in the oil which can be tasted. We found using just ALCOHOL like Vodka or (Home Distilled Alcohol) is just as effective in releasing the THC content (and also the chloraphyll), as is the ISO. ALCOHOL is alot cleaner for your body eitherway you take your meds.

Cheers Jude
  • jangel, wereallstoned, Itinkso and 1 other like this

#40 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:51 PM

Here are other links on Rick Simpson and what his Hemp oil does, how to make it, and what it has done for others. I have put them in one place to hopefully help as many as can be helped.

May you too see someone helped with this.

Run From the Cure ~ Bittorent! Help us Spread This!

Healing Hemp Oil Experiment

Rick Simpson Run from the Cure 7 part video

He's a Healer Not a Dealer

Rick Simpson's super concentrated hemp oil

How to Make Your Own Hemp Oil - Rick Simpson Calls RabbitHoleCentral

Rick Simpson at Dalhousie University 11-3-08

Vincent - Rick Simpson Hemp Oil - Cystic Fibrosis

My Mission

Cannabis oil and cancer

How Do I Make Hemp Oil

Rick Simpson's Run From the Cure~Crush Cancer TOUR

The Cure For Cancer is in Canada and you Can't Have it.

How to Make Small Batches of Hemp Oil "Green Dragon Method"

Hemp Oil and Colorectal Cancer

Rick Simpson's recent broadcast By Traceydm

I will add to this as more is posted about this incredible oil.

May you all be well and let's do what we can to help these people, and ourselves.

e.URL.spt.09
  • wereallstoned, father1, CaliWildViolet420 and 2 others like this

#41 Guest_alldayeducation_*

Guest_alldayeducation_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2009 - 05:49 AM

do they still sell everclear in the states or canada..oh and i think the best way to make it is in a pyrex glass plate pan on the element over some hot stones

#42 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:17 AM

do they still sell everclear in the states or canada..oh and i think the best way to make it is in a pyrex glass plate pan on the element over some hot stones

Yes, they do still sell Everclear.

Peace and good luck!
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#43 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:25 AM

Yes, they do still sell Everclear.

Peace and good luck!

It's not in these parts. I settled for 99.9 % ISO and it all worked out, I don't put the lid on the pyrex 250 ml container until there is no bubbles, no bubbles allowed. Then, and only then, I add some olive oil to make it easier to work with. I of course was quite paranoid at the time the rice cooker was going to blow up outside on the deck but all worked out. It was a lot easier than I expected, just got to be careful and if you find yourself doing dumb crap, step back. I think ideally making it with somebody else present who is not in the thick of things is a good idea. Because you might not realize you inhaled too many iso fumes etc..

just my take
  • Itinkso and OffDaBaba like this

#44 Poter Principle

Poter Principle

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:52 AM

I found some 99% iso at a Medicine Bottle. I like the idea of 190 proof. I'm working on a vegetable glycerin tincture. Will report results in early December when it'll be ready. GAAAAsmiley.gif I went with a 1 liter mason jar with one ounce filled to 750 ml of 95% pure vegetable glycerin. I'm making it dilute because my wife likes lighter doses, and I can always make a more concentrated batch later. peace and pot
  • jangel, JosieJo and Gandalph62 like this

#45 greenbudstar

greenbudstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:35 AM

free your mind and your ass will follow
  • OffDaBaba likes this

#46 Guest_Rick James_*

Guest_Rick James_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 October 2009 - 11:58 AM

A head shop in my area sells 20L jugs of iso... So if you have a good headshop give em a call!

#47 Dez

Dez

Budster

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:38 PM

We have a headshop in our area but its across from Tim Horton's. The cops literally park in Tim Horton's parking lot facing the headshop across the street. Naturally they drink their coffee and stuff their mouths while one can only assume make notes of who is going in and out.

#48 TetraHyC

TetraHyC

SS Mod/Cali Caregiver/Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ethyle To Ethyli And Ethyl Ether - Cole-Parmer Catalog

Ethyl Ether
  • Desert Woman likes this

#49 gramma watt

gramma watt

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 11:07 PM

Isopropyl Acohol 91%? So it doesn't have to be 99 percent? Could one use 70 percent? 99 percent is not easy to find, let me tell you. Anybody have any insight, 91 percent, 99 percent??

Not sure where you are..but if you are in the US..and there is a Meier's Store near you, that is the only place I have found 99% alcohol.:D:

#50 JosieJo

JosieJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:59 PM

Recipe for Strawberry Kush Bliss 2 oz leaves 1 oz small bud 2 fifths Oregon-bought 95% Everclear Yield: approx 10 ml Dose: grain of rice or less Distill in flat glass pan, 10 days on warm seedling mat. Cover with hibachi sticks and paper towel to keep out dust. Scrape into face cream jar, then rice pan with warm coconut oil for cooking. Results: Physical peace. 4 hr stone, tight sore muscles all relaxed, less pain. Happily gave up for a 20 minute gaze out the window at wonderous fall colors in the sunshine.
  • jangel and OffDaBaba like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users