• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Sock_*

Guest_Sock_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

Sock,

YES...80% is fine for clones. I didn't read the whole thread...my bad! :(

I would try to maintain the temp under 80 if possible.

ISO

10-4 there good buddy...:)

Thanks for making sure I am on the right path, yes temp is 80 in below, running 76 in veg area, but clones are greenroomed up so a little more in the temp dept there, got a HVAC temometer in that puppy will look see at it now..

Gauge says 80, but it runs a little high..LoL, no Pun intended, It is on the tile floor so I put a little heating pad under it and running it on low for now. Everything looks really good, Hoping for the best..:)

Sock

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:42 PM

Hey King Socks. Sorry was out all day, with family. Your SUBJECT will be fine if you water it REALLY WELL the day before you transplant, and then hold the plant with one hand as you flip her over. Then take off the pot, while your hand supports the planty. Sounds scary, but it works. Kind of make a catch mitt of your hand that is around the base of the plant, with the stock through your fingers. You saw how I did it. You just have to try and stop shaking. But do it tomorrow, when you are well rested and have had a chance for all the soil to get wet. You will see where the roots are then, and the moisture should keep the soil together. Then do like you saw me do. Do it slowly, with no rush and patiantly, then you can take off the wet soil that is not needed. Have your pot ready, half filled with soil, and make sure you do not bury it past the water leaves. I will talk to you tomorrow. Peace. and blessings on King Sock's subjects! :( Smoke all these first. that should help! LOL!

#53 Guest_sb+_*

Guest_sb+_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

The advice given by Jangel is exactly as I have done it for years and I've only rarely seen a plant go into shock. Plant up and prosper! sb

#54 Guest_Sock_*

Guest_Sock_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hey King Socks. Sorry was out all day, with family. Your SUBJECT will be fine if you water it REALLY WELL the day before you transplant, and then hold the plant with one hand as you flip her over. Then take off the pot, while your hand supports the planty. Sounds scary, but it works. Kind of make a catch mitt of your hand that is around the base of the plant, with the stock through your fingers. You saw how I did it. You just have to try and stop shaking. But do it tomorrow, when you are well rested and have had a chance for all the soil to get wet. You will see where the roots are then, and the moisture should keep the soil together. Then do like you saw me do. Do it slowly, with no rush and patiantly, then you can take off the wet soil that is not needed. Have your pot ready, half filled with soil, and make sure you do not bury it past the water leaves. I will talk to you tomorrow.

Peace. and blessings on King Sock's subjects!

:( Smoke all these first. that should help! LOL!

That might help releave the stress...:)

Ok here is the problem, I have no problems transplanting stuff as I have a prosperus veggi garden and a very good yard landscaping that I have done from seeds and transplants, so I know what you are talking about on how to handle her, but what I am tryign to say is that the roots are not ready for this kinda venture. The little one only had a few roots that broke off, but they went from here to china.. Big one is doing great, but scared that roots are not all that well for a 8" bushy plant in a 3 gal container.. No Root ball, see what I am saying, if you think it will be ok I will try but think otherwise unless the massive watering the day before will do something that I dont know. Little one had good mositure in the soil, not dry. In the past when I transplanted the soil was dry and just crumbled of the roots, but little one soils was moist, stuck togethere and seemd to pull all the roots off the base.

Ok, no more babbeling...:) must use garden hose to help gentally rid subject ot infectious soil...LoL..

Sock

#55 Guest_Sock_*

Guest_Sock_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:23 PM

OkeeDookee.. ***Note to self, Never doubt Jangel***....:) Here are the pics of the roots of the stessful transplant, they look great.. Took a garden hose with a spray nozzle and gently washed away all the crap soil and was left with a very large root system. Now here is where I get a little confused, I had all intentions of putting in a little container, however the roots are mondo big, so I put in a 1 gallon container with the Jangel secret special recipe soil..LoL and gonna see what happens. Was really considering repotting in same 3 gal container w/ the good soil, but bigger is not always better for the plant right? Thanks for everyones help, Sock

Attached Files

#56 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:32 PM

OkeeDookee..

***Note to self, Never doubt Jangel***....:)

Here are the pics of the roots of the stessful transplant, they look great.. Took a garden hose with a spray nozzle and gently washed away all the crap soil and was left with a very large root system.

Now here is where I get a little confused, I had all intentions of putting in a little container, however the roots are mondo big, so I put in a 1 gallon container with the Jangel secret special recipe soil..LoL and gonna see what happens. Was really considering repotting in same 3 gal container w/ the good soil, but bigger is not always better for the plant right?

Thanks for everyones help,

Sock

looking great, neat root ball sock:)

#57 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:15 PM

WOOOWWWW! Good work. You know, she has massive roots! Good job! Just make sure when she starts to show roots coming out the bottom you transplant her. I would even think then with those roots into that 3 gal. one. Hope it is a girl! How are the clones doing?

#58 Guest_Sock_*

Guest_Sock_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:37 PM

WOOOWWWW! Good work. You know, she has massive roots! Good job! Just make sure when she starts to show roots coming out the bottom you transplant her. I would even think then with those roots into that 3 gal. one. Hope it is a girl! How are the clones doing?

Thanks...:)

Clones are looking good, keeping a close eye on them, never done it before, but had nothing to loose at that point. Running humidity around 90 or so, temp between 76-80. No signs of dying off yet... YEAH.. Now I will be in a pickle if all the clones take off, dont have the lights to support all of them in a veg area yet.. Heck there comes a break even point when many CFL's = 400 watt HID..HAHA You running digital balast on your HID?

Yes I was thinking that I should put the transplant back into the 3gal container, but will give it a few days to make sure the subject likes the mixture I gave.. If everything looks good with new growth in 5-7 days will put back in the 3gal. I say it is 3gal, but all I know is it's 10" pot from the HomeDepot, looks like it will hold 3gals...LoL

How much Bone meal and Guano do you use in a 3 gal container? I went real easy on that stuff, too much = disater, too little means add more...:)

Sock

Edited by Sock, 15 July 2008 - 04:50 PM.

#59 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:03 PM

I use about a handful per gallon of bone meal. My handful, not huge. 1/4 cup I guess. Read the package. This is not my soil recipe, it is videoman's and pappy uses it too. I usually go lighter than heavier in anything.

#60 Guest_Sock_*

Guest_Sock_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:19 PM

I use about a handful per gallon of bone meal. My handful, not huge. 1/4 cup I guess. Read the package. This is not my soil recipe, it is videoman's and pappy uses it too. I usually go lighter than heavier in anything.

Si' Seniorita, la directionas muy helpful...:) I know it's not your recipe, but am giving you credit as you got me through it and didn't give me some lame a$$ reply like "do your own research man"..

**Note to all members: Everyone here has been more than helpful with my questions and I really appreciate that. People in general should be as nice as all of you Blokes***...:)

I like finding the answers to my questions, however there are times when you need answers now as lives are in the equation...:) And you did that for me Jangel, Pappy, Toker etc..

Thanks, you ALL make me want to be a better person..LoL

Ok enough of the Meloncholy crap..

Sock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users