- - - - -

Help a lady in distress...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_livluvlaff1126_*

Guest_livluvlaff1126_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hey, all you knowledgeable guys and/or gals....I am going to start a bucket, it is dwc, and I dont have any femenized seeds, and I dont want to learn cloning just yet, maybe on my next grow, you all can teach me cloning. I just need a harvest real fast. (kind of running low now)

So my question is, can I successfully, place 2 or 3 seeds in the bucket, then kill any male(s) that may emerge when I go to flower? Than grow out the remaining plant or plants in this bucket? (HELP ME PLEASE)

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

yes thats what ima do except ima veg for 4 weeks flower an the males ima pull an replant for a 12-12cycle for those...

#3 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:50 PM

what kind of bucket? what size? what kind of lighting? how big is the grow area?

#4 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

i belive i requested a sticky saying when you post questions to add as much info as possible...buutttt that fizzeld

#5 Guest_livluvlaff1126_*

Guest_livluvlaff1126_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hello KP,

It is a home made bucket, it is 3 or 4 gallons, hps lighting, and 6x6 room.
I just dont have the means to build another bucket right now, and I dont want to waste time on a male.

what kind of bucket? what size? what kind of lighting? how big is the grow area?

#6 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

why dont u try an build a dwc multi plant container system....i built mine for 20 bucks with air pump an tubbing

#7 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:22 PM

are you talking about putting 2-3 plants in the same netpot? if so, thats a bad idea because if and when you cut away those males, the roots will be tangled with the females roots and you wont be able to get them seperated. you'll be left with dead rotting roots in your water and this will harm your plant, this has happened to me before so learn from my bad root rot experience peace

#8 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:30 PM

heres what i did..i built a 4 plant dwc with a 18 gal rubermaid tank....i used some styofoam to buld a barrir under the lid to keep the roots from entanglin..so all i have to do is pick out the pot an cut out the roots an re-plant..

#9 Guest_livluvlaff1126_*

Guest_livluvlaff1126_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:32 PM

Can I start em in soil, do my vegging, sex em, than transplant the lady into my bucket? Is that ever done?

I just dont have the means to build another bucket right now, and I dont want to waste time on a male.

are you talking about putting 2-3 plants in the same netpot? if so, thats a bad idea because if and when you cut away those males, the roots will be tangled with the females roots and you wont be able to get them seperated.
you'll be left with dead rotting roots in your water and this will harm your plant, this has happened to me before so learn from my bad root rot experience
peace

#10 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:33 PM

Can I start em in soil, do my vegging, sex em, than transplant the lady into my bucket? Is that ever done?

it's been done, but with little success. i'm thinking... what size hps?

#11 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

if your gonna go that way you should have built some kind of ebb an flow system...

#12 Guest_livluvlaff1126_*

Guest_livluvlaff1126_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:06 PM

It is a 400 hps

it's been done, but with little success. i'm thinking... what size hps?

#13 Guest_lumberjack_ian_*

Guest_lumberjack_ian_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:01 PM

... why not just grow a few in soil... and wait till you have more buckets to do hydro??? or atleast a mother plant...

#14 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:14 AM

or just build an ebb an flow table if you want simple watering with soil..

#15 smokedoja

smokedoja

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

personally ive never heard of anyone doing that, to me that sounds more of a pain in the ass then building a new bucket, if it'll even work...i cant imagine a big dirty rootball being stuffed into a netpot, talk about stressing a plant out.

if i were you id spend the 15 bucks to make another bucket, at least you'll have a 50/50 chance of getting a female...

or just take your chance with that lonely bucket and pray you get a female.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users