Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

MM Politics

11 replies to this topic

#1 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:48 AM

Understanding that we may all come from various backgrounds and some folkks may be more conservative thinking, some more liberal in thinking. That is what makes this a great country to live in, even with it's shortcomings.

We have an election next year, and although it is early in the "race" for President, VP, etc.

Based on what anyone might know about the current candidates, WHO is the most reasonable, pro-Med MJ (or overall legalization)?

WE need a voice in the White House that isn't afraid to accept and move ahead on reforms for what the majority of Americans wish.

BTW, why do they call it a "race", when American citizens are the ones HIRING the man/woman for the job?

TM

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:06 PM

well first of all everyone should be registered to vote, I know a lot of people who complain and don't vote i.e. most of my friends. Is everyone registered and if not do you know how to register? Don't you guys love the Patriot Act?

#3 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:58 PM

BTW, why do they call it a "race", when American citizens are the ones HIRING the man/woman for the job?

it doesn't matter if you vote..the people didn't put that bitch in office we voted gore..put politicans who really decided the shit said bush...doesn't matter if you vote or not....freedom was an idea givin to the poor to raise moral...

#4 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:33 AM

Yeah is matters might not seem like it but it does. It is just that when it comes down to it most people vote their what effects their pocket books more then anything. People are too spineless today to standup for something.

#5 Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*

Guest_AzGrOw-N-sMoKe_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:35 AM

we voted in a different president..al gore in the first bush election..so how does our vote count..please explain this to me..

#6 Mogie

Mogie

Ganja Goddess

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4499 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:56 AM

I everyone that smoked pot had enough guts to vote for a candidate that was pro pot their would be no problem. But what happens is that people sell out. They still smoke their weed but in secret and when they vote they vote their pocket book. They vote Rebuplican. Because it is safe and they don't want things to change.

#7 hempie

hempie

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:29 AM

imagine a pres. who smoked weed all day. its not really a good idea.

I dont agree with the way this plant was made illegal but i do think it should be made legal for medical patients. i believe it would be a good thing.

but not a stoned president lol. the stuff he would do.wow.

I everyone that smoked pot had enough guts to vote for a candidate that was pro pot their would be no problem. But what happens is that people sell out. They still smoke their weed but in secret and when they vote they vote their pocket book. They vote Rebuplican. Because it is safe and they don't want things to change.

#8 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:37 AM

I disagree. If Bush was a stoner we would have went into Iraq/Afghanistan for the HASHISH...not for imaginary WMD's. Stoned is better than STUPID anyday....and there *IS* a big difference between the two. Bush stoned would be scary because Bush is a friggin idiot to begin with. Pot doesn't make you stupid but if yer stupid to begin with it's gonna show that trait in full force in everything you do *while* stoned...

#9 hempie

hempie

gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:18 PM

I disagree. If Bush was a stoner we would have went into Iraq/Afghanistan for the HASHISH...not for imaginary WMD's.

Stoned is better than STUPID anyday....and there *IS* a big difference between the two.

Bush stoned would be scary because Bush is a friggin idiot to begin with.

Pot doesn't make you stupid but if yer stupid to begin with it's gonna show that trait in full force in everything you do *while* stoned...

never smoked yourself stupid before? to where you couldnt even complete a thought.

#10 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:34 PM

I know the our votes don't count thing hear it all the time. But like Mogie said imagine if people actually voted for what they wanted and had some spines. Also us "younger" people don't vote we complain 60% of people ages 25-44 are registered and out of that 48% didn't even vote in the last election people aged 45-64 72.7% are registered 33% didn't vote people aged 65-74 76% are registered 29% didn't vote Us younger voters are the MJ smokers look at our abscense and laziness. The oldest age group has a 30% no vote rate, half these people probably have health issues. Point being who runs this country, the older people, REGISTER and VOTE and maybe your vote will count. Those numbers are ridiculous.....half of the voters in our age group didn't even vote...do the math. We have no one to blame but ourselves we should be ashamed of ourselves...seriously.... Register and change the country...enough said...:stick out tongue:/>

#11 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

Also if anyone knows the population breakdown by age in this country it would be nice to know. I am assuming that the babyboom generation is now in their fifties/early sixties they outnumber us to begin with....young people stop being so blah about this country do something.

#12 Guest_btdt_*

Guest_btdt_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

never smoked yourself stupid before? to where you couldnt even complete a thought.

In high school/when I first started tokin'...yeah...there were times when I was fairly incapacitated... but as an adult...it's a rarity. Maybe that rare/occasional head rush when ya get up too fast...but other than that...no..I find I have no problem completing or relaying a thought while stoned.

Now BUSH JR....there's a different story and the "STUPID" factor comes into play full-force.

And hey...if we're worried about our leaders being impaired....do ya remember Bush Sr. falling down at a press conference once from taking too many HALCIONS? Look that one up and then come back and we'll talk about whether or not a few bongs in the Oval Office would be anywhere near the "ride" that having a handful of those in yer gut would be...
(the shit is for severe MENTAL cases!)

And then go back and look at the Kennedy's/JFK....who routinely got "vitamin" shots from his/their doctor to keep going...and they were mostly methamphetamine...LOL ZIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPP/ZZZZZIIIIINNNNGGGGG!!!!!

should I go on?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users