43 replies to this topic

#26 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

yeah i changed the res put new water in it,distilled sodium free from walmart i'ma let'em chill and see what happens really only 2 are effected but atleast i caught it thanks for yalls help

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:24 PM

yep, change the res. no nutes for a day or two maybe more, just keep an eye on them

my advice would be to pump half of the nute mix out, and replace it with plain water. this will back you down a bit, and spread the nutes thinner.

kp

#28 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:32 PM

my advice would be to pump half of the nute mix out, and replace it with plain water. this will back you down a bit, and spread the nutes thinner.

kp

I would listen to kP, she is wise in the ways of hydro and plants. But those Stealth nutes call for only 1/3 a bag until the plants are 6 inches

#29 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:36 PM

i changed it already should i let it go till tomorrow and add a 1/3 or add a 1/3 in there now? or maybe wait till monday?will this burnt tip go away?thank you both very much for helping me,i am sure this is probly a noob mistake that happens all the time.

#30 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:44 PM

I would hold off, but that's me. You could add, 1/2 of the 1/3 tomorrow and half on manday....just what I would do. The tips will go away, the whole plant will be huge soon... Also I have seen far worse, yes overfeeding is common mistake....

#31 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

by doin that is there a chance that it will get worst? or will i be in the safe zone?

#32 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

underfeeding is better than overfeeding so going easy on the nutes is better right now. People will tell you all sorts of things that underfeeding will cause, but for a first time grow getting through it is the key. Then worry about perfecting the system as you do more and more grows. Like kP says she pushes the nutes right to the edge and then backs off, don't worry about that kind of stuff yet.

So I would do half of the mix one day then do the other half about a day later. The manuals that came with your unit should have some stuff on how much and when.

USING THE NUTRIENTS
 Full strength (i.e. one bag) should only be given to plants that are at least 6-8 inches tall.
 DO NOT use BLOOM and GROW together.
 Apply Micro to water first and then apply either BLOOM or GROW fertilizer.
 A nutrient reservoir’s duration is dependant on the size of the plants.

 Once one third of the nutrient solution has been used up, top the reservoir up with water
(no nutrients).
 Let the reservoir level drop until a couple of inches above the water pump.
 Drain the remaining nutrients and replace with a fresh tank.
 Repeat as needed.
 If you have fully rooted seedlings or cuttings, add one third of a feeding packet of Stealth
Micro, and mix into the water.
 If you have rooted seedlings or cuttings, add one third of a feeding packet of Stealth Grow
to the micro mix. Mix well.

STARTING SEEDS IN THE ROCKWOOL
 If you have the Stealth Hydro seedling/cutting starter greenhouse and have your started
seedlings ready, place the seedling rockwool cubes into the Hydroton, make sure to bury
them at least one half inch deep into the Hydroton, having them stick out of the pot just
slightly.
 It is also possible to start seeds directly in the bubbleponic system.
 Place seed(s) into center of cube, working them into the cube fibers.
 Ensure that the rockwool cube is buried at least one inch deep into the Hydroton.
 Do not use any nutrients until cuttings have rooted, or seedlings appear (roughly 1-2
weeks).
 The first nutrient application should be ¼ strength, gradually building to full strength when
plants are 8 to 10 inches tall.

 Once 1/3 of the reservoir has been used, top it up with water (no nutrients).
 When the water level gets to a few inches above the pump, drain and replace the nutrient
solution and repeat cycle.

Sorry it's not 1/3 a bag it's 1/4 a bag, so 1/8 tomorrow and 1/8 the day after for 1/4 of the nutes, remember the water evaporates while the nutes don't really so easy on the nutes they hang around for a little while. The instructions above will tell you what to do when your res. gets low...

#33 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:53 PM

the tips wont' heal, but the new growth shouldn't have them. kp

#34 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:01 PM

the tips wont' heal, but the new growth shouldn't have them.

kp

jeez can u read my mind kp that would of been my next question thank you i change the water waited like 6 hrs and put 1/2 a teaspoon of nutes in thank you everyone i will keep yall posted peace

#35 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

lol, keep in touch :P/>

#36 Giggles

Giggles

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

Yeah those tips will not even be something you notice once the plant starts growing

#37 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:00 PM

well i think they are dying,they have lost there perkyness not bending at the stems but the leaves are flat and shriveling up even the new growth out the top is flat....

#38 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

well i think they are dying,they have lost there perkyness not bending at the stems but the leaves are flat and shriveling up even the new growth out the top is flat....

not so much to worry about; the first two leaves often get twisty and deformed. as long as the new growth looks ok, you should be fine.

kp

#39 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:16 PM

Attached File  psp 055.JPG   60.11KB   4 downloads Attached File  psp 057.JPG   53.3KB   4 downloads Attached File  psp 058.JPG   41.92KB   3 downloadsnew growth is flat also....

#40 g0t420ndacivic

g0t420ndacivic

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:18 PM

Attached File  psp 056.JPG   53.3KB   7 downloads they are flat

#41 Guest_kP_*

Guest_kP_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:30 PM