- - - - -

question about molasses?!?!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 10:22 AM

i have read the molasses sticky post a few times but while im reading it my ADD happens to get the best of me my questions are how often can i give it to them and how much and should i still use my tiger bloom and big bloom with it

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

I read the three little birds post on molasses and vid and iso have talked about molasses the genral recomendations are once or twice durring the end of flower (one right before flush/leaching) at a strength of up to 1 sometimes 2 tablespoon per gallon it can be used to feed the helpful beasties living in the soil (organic) and to chemically bind to metals or minerals so they don't build up in the plant (a process called chelation) I am using it at a much lower strength until I am comfortable with it - it takes awhile to fully disolve in the water and too much can make the soil yucky

#3 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

i have read the molasses sticky post a few times but while im reading it my ADD happens to get the best of me my questions are how often can i give it to them and how much and should i still use my tiger bloom and big bloom with it

Cheese,

Molasses will not change the ppm of your feedings, but it may change the Ph of the water so be sure to Ph after you add in the molasses. It and the nutes work independently, as far as I know, and I have always fed it on the nights I wasn't feeding nutes. (I feed nutes every other watering during flower).

So, feed the molasses on the off nights. Be sure to do a good leaching of that plant about 2 weeks before harvest, as molasses can collect up on the roots.

Hope that helps ya

ISO

#4 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

Cheese,

Molasses will not change the ppm of your feedings, but it may change the Ph of the water so be sure to Ph after you add in the molasses. ISO

Does molasses tend to be alkaline ph up or acidic ph down?

#5 justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

in case you didn't know, there are two kinds of molasses, with sulpher and without. you want the stuff without sulpher and it's called 'blackstrap' molasses you should be able to get it at the grocery store that being said, bake on :I agree:

#6 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

cool thanks guys im still about 4 weeks from harvest so in 2 more weeks leech and then no more neutes right?

#7 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

cool thanks guys im still about 4 weeks from harvest so in 2 more weeks leech and then no more neutes right?

If I had 30 days, I would stop the nutes in 14 days, and the molasses about day 23, then leach and just Ph'd water afterwards. A good leaching and a week of plain water should flush it nicely. Plus, that Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom are light on nitrogen, and should leach out very well.

ISO

#8 green_nobody

green_nobody

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5127 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:14 PM

from a molasses maniac: i feed it thru the entire blooming cycle and in some grows even in late veg already. and it works well - it also feeds extra magnesium to you plant.
  • 4evergreen likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users