39 replies to this topic

#26 foevablunted

foevablunted

roll that light that smoke it

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey Ice. I would look to see if you can find at home depot Pro mix. That is what I use. They sell it for outdoors. I get it by the bail and add a handful of bone meal, fox farm american pride, dolimite lime and some perlite, so much per gallon. Usually use a handful, (my hand, like a quarter cup) bone meal, same lime, about a tbls. ff per pot, so say per five gallons of soil. I add about 3 tbs per large rubbertote of soil of bloodmeat to this when I am getting them ready to flower. No more as this is hot and will burn them. I use the promix instead of hyponx as I can't get it here. You also want a soil with no ferts in it, if you can find it, as you are adding your own. And then every time you pot them up you are also feeding them.

They sell promix at homedepot? I couldnt find anything w/out nutes at my home dep. I had to drive an hour and a half to a "store"
  • wereallstoned and hillbilly like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Guest_bradley5671_*

Guest_bradley5671_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:56 AM

I start with potting soil from wally world. I believe it is called hydronex, you'll know if it's the right one by the price, it is super cheap! Only $1.66 for a 20lb bag, to this add atleast a 40% mix of perlite, and two handfuls of the Steamed Bone Meal, and that is all you need to start with for the vegging cycle.
EDIT, I've made a change top the mix, I find I am getting much better results by mixing the hydronex potting soil with "Miracle Grow's organic choice" at a two to one ratio, meaning two cups of the hydronex and one cup of the miracle grow.

My question is do you still add those 2 handfuls of bone meal in with the hyponex miracle grow mix?

#28 Zigzagman

Zigzagman

Master Gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1641 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:16 AM

Ola Bradley. Yep, throw that Bone meal in there and unless you plan on feeding them Nitrogen separately, I'd throw 2 hand fulls of Steamed blood meal also. That would give you enough N to manage the entire grow on water alone. Peace.
  • wereallstoned, hillbilly and DEBhasgrn like this

#29 Guest_bradley5671_*

Guest_bradley5671_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:31 AM

i have heard not to use blood meal unless you are an experienced gardner. something bout it releasing nutrients way to fast and i dont want to hurt seedlings . Im gonna stick with the bone meal till flower then use bat guano i believe

#30 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 12:47 PM

Try and just use the potting soil and perlite, without any nutes in it for seedlings, then replant them once they are well up into something with nutrients added. This is what I do and it seems to work well. And yes, don't use bloodmeal! It is very very hot and will burn plants. Peace

#31 kailiwela44

kailiwela44

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:27 PM

If growers are intent on using bloodmeal they let there soil mix sit for a couple weeks. Then they transplant vegging plants to avoid it from getting burned. Letting the soil sit allows the nutrients to be released into the soil. Since the soil becomes rich transplanting plants that have been vegging a couple/few weeks will be best because they are more strong than seedlings. IMO, it's better to make a weak vegging mix and add N to your feeding. It avoids having a soil to rich that will burn your plants. kailiwela44
  • scott06, jangel, LitmyPalma and 2 others like this

#32 1hitter

1hitter

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Can I use any type of bat gauno ?
  • Mr.Moonbiscuit, wereallstoned and hillbilly like this

#33 pine boy

pine boy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

You really have to read its N-P-K. rating and use the right one at the right time.Use a guano thats heavy in Nitrogen during veg and one thats heavy in phosphate for flower.Mexican Bat Guano is high in N while Indonisian is high in phospherous.
  • wereallstoned, 1hitter and hillbilly like this

#34 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

They will have a new stock in soon sweetie. it is spring! Peace

#35 kailiwela44

kailiwela44

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

Can I use any type of bat gauno ?

I would use both depeding on the strain. If you have a Indica girl, i'd only use the high P guano in my last transplanting mix and add N as needed as a tea or having another N rich fertilizer. If you were to have a longer flowering period i'd use the high N guano, but not as much as if it were high in P. But...IMO its easier adding N to your ferts than facing the possiblity of overferting.

This is assuming you'll change to 12/12 one week after last transplant:
indica-->sprout mix-->transplant to 50/50 sprout mix to soil mix; 1/1 N to P guano in soil mix--> transplant to 100% soil mix with only P guano.

sativa-->sprout mix-->transplant to 50/50 sprout mix to soil mix; 1/1 N to P guano in soil mix-->transplant to 100% soil mix with 1/2 ration of N to P guano.

As far as fertilizing...the indica i may add some N for the first couple weeks of 12/12 then regular flowering feeding schedule. The Sativa if you use a rich mix i wouldn't add anything until the third week of flowering or if she asks.

My next hypothesis isn't confirmed, but i believe that if you do end up using a rich organic soil mix. It would be better/best to let the soil dry out more than usual to avoid deficiencies.

Edited by kailiwela44, 05 June 2009 - 09:53 PM.

• wereallstoned, 1hitter and hillbilly like this

#36 kailiwela44

kailiwela44

Medicine man

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

I would use both depeding on the strain. If you have a Indica girl, i'd only use the high P guano in my last transplanting mix and add N as needed as a tea or having another N rich fertilizer. If you were to have a longer flowering period i'd use the high N guano, but not as much as if it were high in P. But...IMO its easier adding N to your ferts than facing the possiblity of overferting.

This is assuming you'll change to 12/12 one week after last transplant:
indica-->sprout mix-->transplant to 50/50 sprout mix to soil mix; 1/1 N to P guano in soil mix--> transplant to 100% soil mix with only P guano.

sativa-->sprout mix-->transplant to 50/50 sprout mix to soil mix; 1/1 N to P guano in soil mix-->transplant to 100% soil mix with 1/2 ration of N to P guano.

As far as fertilizing...the indica i may add some N for the first couple weeks of 12/12 then regular flowering feeding schedule. The Sativa if you use a rich mix i wouldn't add anything until the third week of flowering or if she asks.

My next hypothesis isn't confirmed, but i believe that if you do end up using a rich organic soil mix. It would be better/best to let the soil dry out more than usual to avoid deficiencies.

But after reading this...i think it becomes complicated and not simple

#37 Guest_PotentGreen_*

Guest_PotentGreen_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

great oraganic mixs! Never knew a lot of the specifics until know. Thanks!

#38 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:24 PM

Potent, There are even more...check the postings of antothertime..he has some recent dialog going on growing in soil-less medium and a running grow log. Pete
  • jangel and wereallstoned like this

#39 wereallstoned

wereallstoned

its always 4:20 :)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1490 posts
  • LocationBay Area California

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:36 PM

excellent info...got this one bookmarked
  • jangel likes this

#40 finnagen

finnagen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:04 PM

Bay - if we didn't love helping all growers gain a level of expertise we wouldn't be here - that's what we do - and everyone pays it forward as they gain experience and newer growers come to the site. I believe the basics or fundementals are what is most important in any endevor...MJ growing is no different and you can never spend to much time going over the basics.

Well Said ,and we all get the Great reward's :) of a easy life :).

Peace .
  • jangel and kailiwela44 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users