2 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

I have always used worm castings to amend planting /garden soil,I used Fish Waste(from cleaning 50gl aquarium)to fertilize my lawn & house/garden plants.I have a good recipe for Worm Casting Tea. In a 5gl bucket combine the following: 2 cups worm castings 5 gls water(no need to declorinate) mix regularly over the coarse of 3 days After 3 days mixture is ready to use, this mixture is concentrated it can be diluted as much as 10:1(10 pts H2o) I use the the 10:1 on my babies every other day,and watch them grow.(It wont burn plants) If anyone needs WORM CASTINGS check Ebay for Gooch's Worm Barn(very good quality) Wal Mart has a milk jug of fertilzer made with worm poop, but I found it also has some inert ingredients in it(it works well also,same recipe)When you get to the bottom of your bucket you will see what looks like black sand,take that and spread around your flower beads/compost pile (It' worm eggs) :rock on:

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 hearmenow

hearmenow

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:00 AM

Thanks for the info. I saw where my Home Depot is now carrying Worm Poop. That's the actual name of the product.

#3 jonnyappleweed420

jonnyappleweed420

Admin/Vid Artist

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1113 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:07 AM

The stuff at home depot costs more than buying castings and making it yourself.Thiers is RTU(there's a yard version available that is concentrated and comes with hose end sprayer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users