5 replies to this topic

#1 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

I have had all kinds of luck with bag seed, good and bad. I am currently growing around 15 females from bag seed. I was wondering if anybody was familiar with the "Mighty Tree" dispensary because I am growing Mobb Boss (ChemdogD X TangTang) and Platinum Dream seeds I found in sealed up bags I purchased myself from the dispensary. 

I also have HeadBand and LarryOG growing from some seeds I found out of "The Green Dragon" dispensary packs. 

I am also growing some bag seed I found in some "Emerald Triangle Family Farms" packs. Those were both packages and completely sealed straight from Oakland California. I have Blue Cookies and Grape Cookies I am currently growing from packs I bought. I am very confident in these genetics being true. I'm not doubting these genetics as much as I am the bagseed from "Green Dragon" and "The Mighty Tree", and honestly it's more the "Green Dragon" genetics I'm worried about the most. 

I do feel like this question is kind of unneeded because I obviously purchased because it looked good to me, I was unable to smell it due to the fact it was pre packed. The HeadBand was really light green and frosty but it just didn't really have that OG or SourDiesel taste to me. The same with the LarryOG, it looked good and frosty but it sure didn't have that strong lemon OG taste that Larry should have.

I was thinking this could be due partly to the grower not using organics like they should have, or maybe the genetics weren't true to the name. Any input would be helpful and appreciated. I still have pics of some of the packs if that will help anyone and I'm pretty sure "Mighty Tree" is on Colfax rd. I can't remember where "Green Dragon" is located tho.

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21136 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

the problem is there many, many breeders nowadays, and local breeds are only local...

• plant boy likes this

#3 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

seems nowadays everyone is a breeder thats why proven genetics is the way to go imho.there are very few home breeders that genetics ever prove to be great for the simple fact in most cases the selection is very limited for choosing the best to use in breeding because of limited grow area.large breeders have 200-500 plants to choose the best from.this givens more stable genetics in each seed.with that being said some do get lucky and hit a magnificent plant.so more power to you for playing the lotto genetic pool. lolol said only with respect good luck on your endeavors!!!

PARD

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21136 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:49 AM

seems nowadays everyone is a breeder thats why proven genetics is the way to go imho.there are very few home breeders that genetics ever prove to be great for the simple fact in most cases the selection is very limited for choosing the best to use in breeding because of limited grow area.large breeders have 200-500 plants to choose the best from.this givens more stable genetics in each seed.with that being said some do get lucky and hit a magnificent plant.so more power to you for playing the lotto genetic pool. lolol said only with respect good luck on your endeavors!!!

PARD

Yet we got C99 from bag seed. If the starting genetics are good and it's grown right, things can be great, but I don't bet on it...

• plant boy and anothertime like this

#5 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:04 PM

uk cheese i think was a seed from a bag of skunk #1.theres another.It certainly happens but the odds may be near as good in your local lotto its why i have respect for what he is doing takes loads of persistence and patience.

#6 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18104 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 07:58 AM

each plant is different even if they are clones

• anothertime and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users