9 replies to this topic

#1 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 09:02 PM

What up my peoples, it's been a 3 year break for me unfortunately. I had a lot going on between spider mites and a new baby girl, she is 2 years old now haha. But I have since moved into a spider mite free environment, at least for the time being lol, and now my daughter is old enough for me to feel comfortable enough to put up the baby gate so I can do my thing, my green thumb thing that is  dazzler.gif

So what I am show casing here is my most favorite variety I have ever cross breed to this day. For anybody that has read any of my old threads from 2009-2010, you know I am one pollen chucking mofo lol. But hey, that's why we have most of these fantastic varieties available today. That's also why they're clone only varieties, because somebody did some pollen tossing or had some accidental pollen leak into the grow room. Anyway, I have learned so much from "cross breeding" and it is so much fun to see the outcomes, that I will probably be a pollen tosser for life haha! 

This variety actually begins with the majority of my varieties, back in 2009 whenever I ordered from the attitude seedbank : (SomaNYCDauto) and (MedicalSeedpurehaze). I had a male NYCDauto that actually produced trichomes, no lie. So I took pollen from that and put it on all 3 of my Medical Seed 2046 Pure Haze female. I then took a male from this F1 variety and put that pollen onto a Sagarmatha Purple Pinecone female. I had a free bee Grape Stomper from the attitude that turned out to be a male and I took pollen from it, placed that pollen onto my Purple Pinecone X (NYCDHaze) that I named Snow Angel. Finally I had a Snow Angel male that turned purple and I took that pollen and placed it onto a Sensi Seed Jack Herer my friend gifted me. Those seeds were named Grape Angel and here I have 4 F1 female Grape Angels, along with a couple Auto Hindus I created. But the Grape Angels did not auto, that gene didn't show up in the last 2 crosses involved in that variety. 

These are for sure the most beautiful plants I've ever seen in person. The taste was GREAT, 3 out of the 4 females had a spot on grape taste. 1 of those grapes was very spicy and sour, the other 2 grapes were spot on white grape. Also this grow is from 2015. I will be posting my current grow on another thread. 

Attached Files

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:05 PM

Here the females are 5 weeks old, all except the auto hindus. You can't see it but I am using 2 shower curtains lined with mylar on the inside for reflection. I am using a 1,000wt MH. My attempt was to go "True Living Organics" for the first time. I did my best with what I had. The biggest thing I did do was keep out synthetics and heavily chealated nutes. 

Soil: Top Soil, Lady Bug brand compost along with perlite/vermiculite

Dry Nutrients: Bone-Blood-Feather meal, earthworm castings, dolamite lime, charcoal, oyster shell, root starter with fungi, green sand, Alfalfa

Liquid Nutes bubbled into tea: Fox Farm Big Bloom, Alaskan Fish Emulsion, very small amount of Lady bug brand kelp/molasses/fish emulsion.

I use teas once every 10 days and I stop using my tea 2 weeks before I intend to cut. I usually let almost all my females go no less than 9-10 weeks before cutting. I've allowed certain narrow leaf varieties to go 16-17 weeks before, lemon thai being one.

Attached Files

• plant boy and anothertime like this

#3 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

Here the females have been flowering for 3 weeks now. It was at this time that I knew the Grape Angel was special because it was creating trichomes fairly thick for such a young plant. The soonest I've ever seen a plant produce trichs. The smell at this point was just kind of sweet, nothing even close to the terpenes during harvest. At this point the plants may have received 2 doses of tea by now. Also I worked the light schedule down a little bit at a time instead of just going straight to 12/12. 

Attached Files

Edited by deventhedude, 01 October 2018 - 10:18 PM.

#4 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:52 PM

More pics at 3rd week of flowering. You can really start to see the "Sativa", narrow leaf variety, characteristics showing now. You can't even really see the auto Hindus in there, I really only put them in there for fun. I had just made this variety and I was really just testing the autoflower gene and it did auto between week 3-4. I really wish I could test more of my F1s but I'm in the Midwest and my state is ignorant for sure! I'm really limited to what I can run, in fact I have several crosses that I have never tried because I don't have space. I even give seeds out just to see what all Phenos pop up because I haven't had to chance to run large numbers. 

Attached Files

• plant boy, anothertime and KnuckleDragger like this

#5 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 11:12 PM

The auto Hindus are easier to see in some of these pics. they didn't get very big because they were so far from the light and basically in the shadow of the Grape Angels. I usually get my autos much bigger than these as shown in some of my previous journals. But this was really just a test. The last couple of pics I was trying to capture the trichomes growing up the sides of the fan leaves.

Attached Files

Edited by deventhedude, 01 October 2018 - 11:13 PM.

#6 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18104 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 05:39 AM

looking sweet

• deventhedude likes this

#7 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21136 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 02 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Everything is looking good...

• deventhedude and plant boy like this

#8 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:35 PM

Thank you guys for taking a look at my journal, I appreciate the comments. Here the girls are close to week 7 of bloom. The buds were really beginning to pack on oils and fragrances at this point. The smell wasn't grape yet, it was more sour and spicy at this point. The colors really haven't began to show yet either. I really had no idea what was to come but I could tell by the resin production along with the spicy smell from the Jack Herer, that it was gonna be good. 

You can see the auto Hindus doing there thing in some of the pics also. They weren't vegged out long enough for them to branch so they pretty much just grew one main cola and some popcorn buds below. The smell from the auto Hindus was pretty much pine almost all the way thru bloom. This variety was fairly tough due to the fact that I paid such little attention to it.

Attached Files

#9 deventhedude

deventhedude

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

This is around week 9 or 10 of bloom. You can see the natural fade beginning to happen on some of the plants. This is when the plant began to turn all different types of colors from green, red, orange, yellow, purple, and white. Hairs were neon orange, trichomes were caked in whiteness covering the lime green/purple buds, and the leafs were yellow and purplish red come harvest. Super pleasant sour grape aroma followed by a spicyness on 1 of them. Really smooth smoke on the enhale. Bag appeal A+++. The effect was very mellow and calming, but enough Sativa effect to keep your brain thinking. Just a very good smoke for after work or just to relax. 

Attached Files

#10 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18104 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:45 AM

they are bulking up nicely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users