5 replies to this topic

#1 smokey

smokey

Seasoned Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:57 PM

I have 2 girls scout cookies growing in same pot, getting the same feedings. The 2seeds came from one bud. Why does one look shiny waxy and the other one looks a different shade of green? Like its different strains or something... Are seeds like baby's? One could have more of the fathers traits while another seed out the same bud could have more of the mothers traits?
Trying To figure this out. Why they look so different sorry don't have any pictures
  • Tokecrazy, plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:08 PM

If both came from the same seedling they are technically twins I would hazard to guess. Twins are not always identical... identical twins are one fertilised ova/seed/wh@ever which soon in its development splits into 2 .....but there is also the fraternal twin route... when this happens 2 ova/seeds/wh@ever get fertilised and grow alongside each other. Fraternal twins grow and form the same time but each is a unique individual.

This might explain why they look like 2 totally different plants from one another.

However, twin plants dont survive as often as one is usually dominant and grows a better root system first, so this also might be the reason why they look different from each other, one might be getting better fed because it has a better developed root system.

muA

Edited by IammuA, 03 January 2018 - 07:19 PM.

• Tokecrazy, ISO2BWELL, plant boy and 2 others like this

#3 Verwegener

Verwegener

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1056 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the wop wops of Germany

Posted 03 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Did you consider gently splitting/separate the plants?

#4 Suzycrmcheese

Suzycrmcheese

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2315 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:35 AM

I would be more concerned about why there were seeds in the first place.  Was this your grow where you got the seeds?

Different theories about this...possible Hermies though.  That doesn't mean you still can't have a decent harvest in the end.

Keep asking questions!

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18139 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:31 AM

all plants are different sometimes even clones can be different. have 7 purple afgani growing right now , all the seeds came from the same mother plant and yet the kids are all different

• Suzycrmcheese and Verwegener like this

#6 smokey

smokey

Seasoned Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Don't really know why the plant seeded. Self hermy I'm thinking.
GSC strain.
Looks frosty,smells great for only 2-3 into flower. I give a thumbs up to the mars hydro led lights.
  • plant boy and Suzycrmcheese like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users