• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationThe Only Place I'm Wanted or Accepted...

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:33 AM

So I wouldn't consider myself a master gardener, nor am I a total virgin at this. But I've come to a stand still troubleshooting what the issue is with my current ladies, going into flower over the past week. I'm flustered as too if it's Phos def. or excess... might even be either sulfer issue or clorine poisoning... anyways... help!

Attached Files

• Tokecrazy and KnuckleDragger like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:52 AM

Wh@ medium are you growing in? I think I see some perlite in the mix.... do you know the ph of your water? 

is the soil currently heavy with water or dry or in between? 

If the soil/medium ph is out this will cause nute lockout. In this case flush the pot with 2X-3X its volume of good water. This should allow the ph to settle.

If the soil/medium is within acceptable ph range then the plant is drawing mobile nutrients to handle the changeover to flowering and needs to be fed.

A foliar feed with 1/4 nute solution should help with fast response and show if the plants are nute deficient by their response.

If your soil was loaded with time release nutes or manures and such, they are probably exhausted through the vegging process and might need nute supplementation for flowering.

Its difficult to give accurate advice with little information but these observations should put you on the right track.

Hope this helps, sing out if ya need something clarified. :passit:

muA

Edited by IammuA, 10 September 2017 - 10:54 AM.

• Tokecrazy, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#3 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 07:47 PM

I make my own mix of medium. Use a variety of things, mostly mulches, peat, perl. some additives, coco...

Anways I use a cheap store brand mix of nutes, never had an issue with things, until I used a new hose, that I have noticed clouds the water... I did just give them a sulfer treatment and full rinse through using rain water, the second day I noticed the issue. this is the 5 th day. after I first noticed things... Currently trying to dry them out from the rinsing. PH is usually high on the tap, so I normally add 2 TBS ACV to any H2O I give them. I just moevd here and now have well water, so I think if I'm not mistaken, I'll be osmosing my water from here on. But I need to try and get this cleared up first...

They are clones I brought on my move here to MA.

They are now 6 weeks, and have been doing great. I gave them their final Nit. based feed about a 2 weeks ago, and it was almsot a week after that they started showing signs. This was the first time i used the new hose, and it wasn't until that I had any issues. Heck that's why I haven'y been on here in a few years, and I think my profile was deleted...

But anyways they have been indoor/outdoor grown. Placing them outside for the sun. I haven't had any issues with pests, knock on wood, and I decided when I noticed the issues a few days ago to keep them outdoors to flower in the sun.

Hope this helps.

• Tokecrazy and plant boy like this

#4 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1020 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 10:06 PM

Sounds like the new hose is offgassing something the plants do not like. Try lugging some buckets of water to them instead of the hose and see if there is an improvement.

I remember about 10 yrs ago a whole bunch of grow tents came onto the market made of less than suitable material th@ offgasses and killed many harvests....sound like your hose is the culprit.

Remove it from the equation and see if there is improvement, eh?

muA

• Tokecrazy, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17198 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:36 AM

looks to wet to me , even rain water can have the wrong ph

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger, kary and 1 other like this

#6 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:50 AM

Yeah I gotta feeling it's something with the hose, cause like I said, I had zero issues and was just about to drop into full flower when I noticed the signs... Anyways thanks Mua and PB... I am aerating some h2o and am trying to dry em out, yes the pix are from the day after letting the rain on them... Was gonna flush one to see if the issue cleared up as soon as I could when they dried up. I did try a gentle foliar feeding today, to see if that had any effect...

BTW My old Profile was Kaeneabis Sativias, maybe you guys remember me, I remember you guys. LOL I used to have the mad scientist as a profile pic. Been a couple years... Thanks again

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and Verwegener like this

#7 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

Here's what I'm looking at today after the foliar feeding...

Have a couple more pix of the other 2 but I guess I gotta go edit and shrink em', as the system says their too big to upload...

Attached Files

Edited by kary, 11 September 2017 - 03:51 PM.

#8 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:00 PM

Couple more

Attached Files

• Tokecrazy and KnuckleDragger like this

#9 ISO2BWELL

ISO2BWELL

Honored Retired Staff + (AKA: Sir ISO Goodnstoned)

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3173 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:22 AM

My suggestion?

Change nothing;  trim off those little leaves at the bottom and put them

into flower.

IMO, it's completely normal to have a few little leaves at the base go yellow, In the

absolute worst case, you might be seeing "rust", and if so a spray with Serenade

will take care of that.

If you're using tap water and worried about chlorine, fill a bucket and let it

sit overnight..by morning whatever chlorine that was in there has evaporated

out.

• BikerPepe, KnuckleDragger, kary and 1 other like this

#10 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 07:07 AM

Thanks ISO... I did start an aeration bucket the other day, and after foliar feeding them yesterday, it does seem that things are clearing up. So I was gonna let it ride out til this weekend and give em' a good rinse through with it, then drop em' back in the dark. I gotta real good feeling it's the hose I used has some kind of contaminant to it.  

• KnuckleDragger and Verwegener like this

#11 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:09 AM

So here's how They're looking today...

Attached Files

• ISO2BWELL and KnuckleDragger like this

#12 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:45 AM

So I let them sit in the sun all day, dried em' out good... Split a gallon of Aspirin and Epsom Salt water between them, but looking like things are clearing up nice. Only one plant still has 2 or 3 low leaves showing any signs of their cold. LOL

Gonna leave em' to dry out again, then thinking maybe another good clear H2O rinse through maybe Friday and stick em' in the dark for the weekend, after I do some more clones.

Attached Files

Edited by kary, 14 September 2017 - 09:48 AM.

• Suzycrmcheese and Verwegener like this

#13 kary

kary

Educated Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

Have gotten them cleared up and starting in flower phase, come see in my new garden journal

• Suzycrmcheese likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users