7 replies to this topic

#1 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:55 PM

A few days ago I stopped taking everything, except for a research trial that I am enrolled in with an experimental compound. This is after 5 years of daily edible cannabis oil, similar to RSO, in doses from 100mg at first, increasing to 1/2 to 1 gram the last couple years. It has helped with the deficits, problems that remained after brain surgery. I have not had a recurrence of the tumor that was removed and then the site treated with 30 radiation treatments. I cannot say that the cannabis oil has kept it from growing back, but for sure it has helped with recovery. I stopped taking it to see if there were any physical or mental things going on, like bad side effects. After stopping it has been hard to sleep, just a series of cat naps because of how much my body aches, mainly old injuries, spinal and broken bones. (raced bikes) A few days have gone by and I am not able to report any withdrawal symptoms and mentally I feel the same. There is clearly some muscle relaxant properties with the CBD oil as my spasticity has returned after 5 years, muscle spasms related to neuro issues post surgery.

Not sure, but will probably take a CBD capsule tomorrow morning and see if I can get the same amount of work done as today. I've been using a bong quite a bit this year and have been worried that maybe overdoing it, but as long as it doesn't interfere with my life, it can remain a part of it. Just not today as I go on with this test. Toking a big bong rip and then tackling a job like mowing has been nice, but today I noticed that I did a better job than usual without the bong. next week I'll try it with the bong and compare, but expect that it will take longer and not be as nice.

My big concern is that a person who is nuts usually doesn't know. I have met a few people with mental health issues who are heavy, long term cannabis users and witnessed a couple psychotic episodes that I though could have been the result of too much for too long, but these individuals have such severe issues that the cannabis they smoke may actually be tempering their demons. Anyway, after a brief cessation I'll restart the daily oil, starting with 200mg CBD in the AM and 100-200mg of THC oil at night.

The good news is that I did not have any serious negative reaction to stopping. YMMV

yin.yang.gif

• Tokecrazy, plant boy and Suzycrmcheese like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18026 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:58 AM

good luck

• Tokecrazy and 420circuit like this

#3 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

Thanks, it's not a big deal, but good to know about. A friend taking the oil for sciatica mentioned that he suffered severe night sweats after stopping, so I was concerned that there might be some physical withdrawal effects. I'm not having anything severe going on, so looks like might be looking for problems where there really aren't any. Good. Except for the mental stuff, like memory, clarity in processing and emotional stability. It is very difficult to know when you are "fucked in the head", but probably apparent to others. My wife is aware of my test and says she doesn't see any change except that I don't seem to be sleeping much, so looks like I may have come up empty in search for problems with cannabis withdrawal.

I'll skip the bong today, reluctantly because of the bricks that I need to move today. But hope to enjoy some of this fine bud by the weekend, probably more than usual.

Been flushing this for 3 weeks with the AN product, looks like it is ready.

DF

• Suzycrmcheese likes this

#4 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

OK, mission accomplished, research complete enough to move ahead and be done with the aches that keep me up at night and the crippling spasms. Made some 450mg caps of oil from The Wife, an almost entirely CBD plant, blended with MCT oil and took one couple hours ago. OMG, I feel great, clear headed, well dressed and ready to run. OK, I can't actually run but heading out to the trails with the dog to enjoy sunshine, fresh air and a shit-ton of physical motion to drive out the pain demons.

My conclusion is that the CBD oil is an excellent pain reliever, calming agent and enjoyable experience overall, with no negatives, at least in my case.

Physical effects of cessation were mild, even after 5 years daily use of both CBD and THC oils. I did get a sort of 'jangled nerves' sensation yesterday and attribute it to lack of sleep. Looking forward to that first bong hit as soon as I have time and space for that, sometime between now and Saturday. Planning 100-200mg THC oil tonight as a start to maintenance dosing schedule. (recent MRI scan showed that I am clear of tumors) chewiegif

Yeah, I know, WTF dude, like we didn't already know this stuff... Sorry to be excessively thorough, but I simply do not trust most of what I read online, which I think is healthy because we should always be skeptical. Please excuse my excessive posting too, been working on a manuscript and am practicing my writing chops. It would be deeply gratifying to play a role in the legalization effort and that is my ultimate goal, to see this plant grown in millions of gardens and be used to promote our peaceful coexistence and enjoyment of this wonderful life.

:laughleaf: :laughleaf:

#5 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

excessively thorough

muahahha...we love it!

muA

• 420circuit likes this

#6 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Channeling your OCD is fun. Hysterical

#7 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:37 AM

Final follow up, the 450mg dose of oil from the "all CBD plant" got me very loopy after about 4 hours, had to sit for about an hour to recover from way over-doing the exercise. So what everyone always reports, a 'reset' will get you high again when you weren't getting high anymore. Similar for the CBD thing if you are at a high dosage. Important to know the details of your CBD strain too, some require early harvest or they start producing THC, which I had read about, but ignored for this recent CBD harvest that ran 11 weeks and got me HAF yesterday. 7 1/2 to 8 weeks in plenty for this plant.

#8 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1291 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

From my reading to get the best CBD % one must harvest a week or so before one would usually do so to get a strong CBD harvest and not one with THC developing.

muA

• Suzycrmcheese and 420circuit like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users