• Tokecrazy and KnuckleDragger like this

#28 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Harvested the "female" plant, dried buds and harvested seeds, about 100 or so. Germinated 4 over the last couple days and planted them in a large, shared pot, under flowering lights. Hoping to confirm that all 4 are females. Funny that the seeds are kind of smallish and dark for this almost entirely CBD plant. In conclusion, this "clone only" plant was forced to produce seeds by using the colloidal silver method, however, the amount of labor is huge compared to the number of seeds yielded. I did start some other plants for this project, but they are still getting ripe beyond done, hope to see either some seeds crossed with this CBD plant or some natural seeds, a win either way. :drunk cat:

seed project harvest
harvest seed buds
seed sort
seeds result

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and Verwegener like this

#29 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:33 PM

All about Hemp page 94.
"The probable future sex of a pre-floral hemp plant can be guessed by calculating the Leaf-Mass-Index [LMI]: Count the points [3,5,7] on 3 leaves in the center of a cluster. Divide that number by 3 to determine the average number of points. Repeat the process several times, and figure that average also. Multiply the two averages to determine the LMI. A high LMI indicates that the plant will be female."

Kudos, 420circuit! :toking:

Am facing a female only problem here with my suzyQ plants....its either keep clones going until I get male pollen or make some femmed beans to strike when I get some suzyQ pollen. :D: hehehe

muA

Edited by IammuA, 25 May 2017 - 04:34 PM.

#30 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

I used 2 clones and made 1 into a "male" with the silver, leaving the other female, which got the pollen. Simply leaving a plant for a very long time will probably make some natural seeds, but there is no guarantee. Some of the seeds that I had been saving for years did not germinate, so I would suggest digging into your stash of seeds before they go bad, to grow out a few and get them to make some seeds for the vault. Yes, I should have put them in the fridge and so on, but didn't, so realizing how this whole seed experiment is an important tool to have around.

I need to confess something that I did recently. It might be illegal. I took several pounds of seeds, mostly flowers like Cosmos and Hollyhock to a state park and broadcast them along a trail. Will take pictures if they take root, but you know, growing a patch of plants for seeds to be used like that could be quite good. Imagine how things would change if we smelled cannabis all over, like natural perfume, instead of the stigma that it carries now. You will get a ticket in Denver for too much cannabis aroma, but not for too much cooking meat smell.

#31 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:59 AM

Lets hope the seeds are not invasive species, but if they are not, then the end reslt should be nothing but some 420circuit beauty and the odd sudden schmile on those who stumble upon the trail in bloom and remember your post :D heheee

:gardening-smiley-emoticon:

I have done senescence growing for pollen and its a hit and miss procedure for me... still sommat I have yet to be successful @ .

Still some thinking to do.

muA

#32 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

Heard that there is a growing pollen market, that there are people selling just the pollen for breeding purposes. $200 for 1/10 gram of GSC pollen seems kind of steep, but it might be just what someone needs. https://www.kindpoll...cannabis-pollen

The seeds that I spread are just common flowers that are already here, just hadn't been growing along the trail, which is currently in weeds, thistles and grass. The mice and prairie dogs may eat everything, so perhaps no result, but at least I am taking the initiative to make the world a more beautiful place for no reason other than "because."

Think I'll harvest a plant today and then, after I smell like a bud, go for a bike ride. chewiegif

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#33 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 20175 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

Heard that there is a growing pollen market, that there are people selling just the pollen for breeding purposes. $200 for 1/10 gram of GSC pollen seems kind of steep, but it might be just what someone needs. https://www.kindpoll...cannabis-pollen

The seeds that I spread are just common flowers that are already here, just hadn't been growing along the trail, which is currently in weeds, thistles and grass. The mice and prairie dogs may eat everything, so perhaps no result, but at least I am taking the initiative to make the world a more beautiful place for no reason other than "because."

Think I'll harvest a plant today and then, after I smell like a bud, go for a bike ride. chewiegif

A tenth of a gram of pollen is a lot of pollen. The problem is pollen has a short storage life and must be treated carefully...

#34 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 992 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

Muahhahah....another prediction of mine come to be! muahahaha

chewiegif

muA

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#35 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:06 PM

Predicting the pollen biz? It just feels like there is a big demand for seeds coming, so yes, I could see guys, like craft brewers, putting their primo pollen out there for seed breeding. Imagine if you could pick the characteristics you want from a menu to make your perfect plant. Wish it was that easy. The missing tool in breeding is cheap and easy quality analysis with THC and CBD amounts. But yes, being able to go to the store for some fresh GG4 pollen to hit my CBD plant with is a dream that I may actually see someday.  rainbow.gif 

• KnuckleDragger and Verwegener like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users