7 replies to this topic

#1 PowerFlower

PowerFlower

El Niño

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:34 AM

Just set some church seeds away, im wondering if anyone has any info on these. I was given a seedling once and popped it under a light with 5 exodus cheese(also from greenhouse seeds) and whereas the cheese yielded around 2oz per plant the church yielded over 3. I remember it being a beautiful smoke but the main reason i ordered more of these was the large yield and huge dense buds. Any info/feedback on this strain would be great!

• Tokecrazy and KnuckleDragger like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 19766 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 18 February 2017 - 12:00 PM

What I found at Seedfinder... http://en.seedfinder...en_House_Seeds/

• Tokecrazy and PowerFlower like this

#3 PowerFlower

PowerFlower

El Niño

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 01:19 PM

Great stuff thanks man you even found me cheaper seeds for next time! (although i did receive some free super bud seeds from ghs with my order). Only 2 recognised phenos is good news, someone said they tend to throw out a lot of hermies which has to be nonsense right?

#4 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 02:07 PM

Not necessarily no. It depends on the breeder of the seeds. Sometimes a strain is simply named after the strains it was bred from, but those strains MAY have come from different sources...

IE: breederA makes strain XYZ by crossing XY with Z....breeder B makes strain XYZ by crossing XY with Z, but got his XY strain from a different source to breederA. Technically they ARE the same strain, but the sources used to breed those strains may be different...so breederC may make the same strain but his XYZ strain might have bred into it hermi tendencies.

Its a matter of trusting the breeder who made the strain not just the strain itself.

If you have come across ppl mentioning hermi tendencies, try to find out which breeder the seeds came from and avoid seeds from th@ breeder....likewise, if you get glowing recommendations on a strain, find out the breeder of the strain and seek them out for your seed purchases.

Breeding of cannabis is NOT a regulated thing....self regulation is the best it gets @the moment.

muA

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger, PowerFlower and 1 other like this

#5 PowerFlower

PowerFlower

El Niño

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Not necessarily no. It depends on the breeder of the seeds. Sometimes a strain is simply named after the strains it was bred from, but those strains MAY have come from different sources...

IE: breederA makes strain XYZ by crossing XY with Z....breeder B makes strain XYZ by crossing XY with Z, but got his XY strain from a different source to breederA. Technically they ARE the same strain, but the sources used to breed those strains may be different...so breederC may make the same strain but his XYZ strain might have bred into it hermi tendencies.

Its a matter of trusting the breeder who made the strain not just the strain itself.

If you have come across ppl mentioning hermi tendencies, try to find out which breeder the seeds came from and avoid seeds from th@ breeder....likewise, if you get glowing recommendations on a strain, find out the breeder of the strain and seek them out for your seed purchases.

Breeding of cannabis is NOT a regulated thing....self regulation is the best it gets @the moment.

muA

I think the church is exclusive to ghs and im sure ive read that hermies were more of a problem amongst poorly bred sativa dominant strains? Also i was under the impression that it is not predetermined in a seed wether it will produce hermie flowers etc. ? Thanks for the reply btw sorry for the further questions. :)

#6 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:21 PM

IMO hermies generally ARE a genetic predisposition in a strainline IF the strainline has not been well bred from good stock.

The hermies may not turn up whilst growing the plants, yet the predisposition for them could be genetically held within the seed genome, only to raise its head when stresses and circumstances dictate.

Temperature, light timing, over or under watering, over or under ferting, insect attack or fungal attack can all be stress triggers to bring out hermaphrodite latencies in a plant IF the plant has hermaphrodite tendencies in its genome.

Sometimes these are natural hermie tendencies from wild cannabis genetics, sometimes they are tendencies th@ have been inadvertently bred into a strainline....and sometimes they are hermie tendencies caused by use of colloidal silver and other feminisation processes.

And then there is hermaphroditisim bought on by senescence. This is the natural 'old age' of a plant grown to old age yet not given the chance to make seed for the following generation. THIS type of hermaphroditism is more common in sativa's because of their very long flowering times....some sativa's never really end flowering, they just continue and will eventually throw off nana's in an attempt to continue the species.

NOT ALL seeds with hermie tendencies will turn hermie...but they have the genetic capability to do so in the right circumstances.

One needs 7 generations of clean breeding to produce a stable seed strain/seedline, so look for a strain th@ has @least 7 generations of breeding behind it if you want the most stable strain you can get.

This is not to say strains th@ are not 7 generations old WILL show hermie tendencies, just th@ it is more likely.

NOTE: I AM NOT a geneticist...nor do I hold any formal training, any knowledge I have is from reading, experience and supposition of my own. I MAY and could very well be wrong. Search around to try to confirm or correct any information or opinions I espouse.

muA

Edited by IammuA, 18 February 2017 - 11:25 PM.

• KnuckleDragger, PowerFlower and Verwegener like this

#7 PowerFlower

PowerFlower

El Niño

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:29 AM

So in that case it is possible that a strain can be immune to hermie traits?
  • KnuckleDragger likes this

#8 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:50 PM

Immune? no... Immunity indicates it is some sort of contagion, but there ARE strains out there th@ are reliably stable, known for their lack of hermies, for solid genetics.

muA

• KnuckleDragger, PowerFlower and Verwegener like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users