#551 Verwegener

Verwegener

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1004 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the wop wops of Germany

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:52 AM

No waste of time clicking through the pics, very interesting, and very nice job, dude!!!!!

I´m curious to see the pics after harvesting, how stems found their way through the frame, as I am

planning my scrog installation this week. Should be different with indica/sativa growth...?

• plant boy likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#552 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17976 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 09:29 AM

have fun with your up coming job, winter is still here and may stay till the end of the month , polar vortex and all

#553 zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

Yes!!!
Well done

I m curious about how much you ll pull...

Congrats man...
  • plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#554 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:21 AM

my smallest yied from a plant this season is a PK in the corner...yielded half a 500ml jar of bud...next biggest is 2Ltr jar CRAMMED with bud...next biggest one is 4Ltrs of jar fullObud...got one giant tray of bud from single plant drying now...guestimating 2-4Ltrs of jar fullObud for it   gonna count the Painkiller as I harvest em....those will be 2Ltrs or more of buds per plant methinks
guestimating will have another 12Ltrs-15Ltrs of jarsObud from the remaining 4 plants [apart from the Painkiller]

muA

• plant boy and Verwegener like this

#555 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17976 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:36 AM

and away you go to the finish

• Verwegener likes this

#556 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:40 AM

ta, pb :toking:

Still pulling the last few plants as they are ready... 5 plants left to pull down.

All up, this season has been successful but there is room for improvement next season.

IF I can get me grubby mitts on 12 single bedframes to SCROG by next year I will try :D hehehe The SCROG method is low effort for me, the plants are kept low also and this soothes my growers paranoia some also hehehe.

I am getting ready to plant out a mixed grain green manure crop in my back yard this winter [wheat, lupins, clover, barley and others] which I shall cut&drop and replant immediately as groundcover to outgrow the weeds and hold the soil down. I will be planting the same mix of seed in the cannabis garden area also and perform the cut&drop growing there also.

I experimented this year with growing butternut pumpkins, heneydew melons and a range of tomato's with some success. So the coming spring I shall plant them out in the yard, the garden and the orchard. I am collecting and saving seed for this...I shall be planting many pumpkins and melons in the orchard as ground cover as well as for their fruits.

I have spring onions and bok choi going to seed so will have those also...as well as a cup of parsley seed I shall disperse throughout the yard.

So...though my harvest is almost over for this year I am working and planning for my future grows.

muA

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger, Suzycrmcheese and 1 other like this

#557 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17976 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:30 AM

still in the deadly grip of the polar vortex over here @ - 24 in the wind . days are sure getting longer light @ 7 and still light at 9

#558 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:13 PM

'Tis the seasonal change, pb... hope ya have a warm spring there....the winter has been hellish for ya!

I am still gradually pulling down the last 2 plants....when done I shall dig out the roots and make a rootbalm. 

I am taking notes on the plant structure of the SCROG plants beneath the screen....currently charging my camera battery before I take pics.

I have moved the tray, birdcage of coir with cherry tomato plants to sit on the top of my IBC tank cage. I have trimmed away the dead foliage and side stems and am left with several 5foot-6foot vines I have hung and guided around the outside of the tank cage. New growth will be lead and hung around the cage. I have also begun the trimming and clearing process on the tomato plants panted in the ground next to the IBC tank and will hang and lead them around the bottom half of the IBC tank. This will keep all the tomato vines off the ground and away from water spray thus preventing them from getting the leaf problems associated with wet foliage. I am hoping the tank filled with water will act as a heat sink during winter to keep the plants alive and growing. If not, then @least I have proven the proof of concept and can replant the tomato's in spring :D hehehe

The cola's of Painkiller XL are still drying enough to be put in containers and burped until cured. Burping and curing of the already harvested bud is coming along well.

pics soon.

muA

• plant boy and Verwegener like this

#559 zzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzz

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 04:54 AM

ROCKING :-)
  • plant boy likes this

#560 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17976 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:53 AM

you got it under control , no more snow on the balcony 

#561 IammuA

IammuA

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:10 AM

I purchased a genuine fully stainless steel 16" spin-pro bowl trimmer before my plants were ready to harvest...it has proven its worth to me. 

This is not to say the Spin-Pro is perfect...it has its flaws and faults.

As a large bowl with a flat base and because of the rotating crank handle on the top it is inherently unstable...I found by placing the Spin-Pro into the box it came in with a towel around the inside of the box gave it a lot of support, so much so I had no further problems with the instability. A relatively simple problem to solve. :D hehehe

The insides of the bowl DO get covered in some knocked off trichs but it does not strip the buds of trichs. Any knocked off trichs can and are collected for later use.

As I use the trim to make butter or extract from and clean the trimmer with alcohol I get to harvest all the trichs and cannabinoids I can. I dont sell so have no particular worry about losing trichs from the bud, I still get them :D hehehehe

Now...as to use of the bowl trimmer, the number of turns needed to trim bud varies depending on 2 factors....#1 is the amount of leaf left on the bud...the more th@is removed before putting through the bowl trimmer the better the result... in the look of the bud, the number of turns needed to trim the bud and the amount of trichs knocked off the bud [more turns=more trichs knocked off]....and #2 is the amount of bud put through the trimmer... a medium coverage of buds over the entire bowl trimmer rack needs 25 turns of the crank to get a nice trim...35 turns and over for a heavy amount of bud coverage on the rack...however when I did batches of bud covering 1/4 of the rack to medium density it took about 5-6 turns max to get a good trim and a LOT less trichs knocked off. Based on this, IF one were concerned about the BEST looking trim doing smaller batches through the bowl trimmer would give the best result.

The budleaf trim in the bottom of the bowl is pretty well chopped up and quite suitable for other uses.

muA

• plant boy, Suzycrmcheese and Verwegener like this

#562 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17976 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

cool

#563 Suzycrmcheese

Suzycrmcheese

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2281 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:53 PM

Sounds like it's well worth the money muA.  I love to trim, but one summer I lost 5 wks to trimming and that was with help.  Help dwindled after awhile

and I was no longer having fun.  That one summer had perfect conditions and has not happened again.

• plant boy likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users