Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

New Organic Potting Mix at Wally World,, check it out!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:34 PM

The Garden Center is getting stocked up here and I wandered around and looked at the new offerings, right next to the Miracle No potting mix was a pallet of peat based organic starter with worm castings.

Attached File  JN1.JPG   417.08KB   0 downloadsAttached File  JN2.JPG   448.01KB   0 downloads

Cost was $6.49 for 1 cu ft so to compare to a bale of pro-mix

3.8 cu ft Pro Mix here is $35.00

3.8 x 6.49 = $24.66 per 3.8 cu ft

$35.00 / $6.49 = 5.4 gallons

So first, it is less than pro mix, but needs perlite imho to loosen the mix, still cost effective to ammend and less than Pro-mix

But at this point, it is really a great starter for my garden, will be using this for our seeds and will probably put some cannabis in to see how it works in veg.

Attached File  JN3.JPG   131.01KB   0 downloadsAttached File  JN4.JPG   144.34KB   0 downloads

• plant boy, BrotherWill and Deepwaterdude like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 BrotherWill

BrotherWill

Brother Will

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3219 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:14 PM

I Really Like Your Idea... Seeds And Then Try The Cannabis To See How They Respond... Love To See This. Peace My Brother TY Very Much, Will

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#3 BrotherWill

BrotherWill

Brother Will

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3219 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:33 AM

AAPFCO Association of American Plant Food Control Officials

Metal Content Analysis Information (WA, OR or CA)

Many states have adopted standards regarding trace metal content of fertilizers, some require submission of analysis results to verify this. Of these, currently three states have posted the submitted analyses. Please contact states not listed here for further information.

Click on the State Name to view metal analyses of a specific company's product as submitted to that state.
Note:  This is a service provided by AAPFCO and in no way implies endorsement of a specific organization's products. 

State Information:

California
ag_03.png1220 N Street 
CA Department of Food and Agriculture 
Feed, Fertilizer, Livestock, Drugs, and Egg Regulatory Services 
Sacramento, CA 95814 
Telephone: (916) 900-5022
California website

Oregon
OR Department of Agriculture 
Pesticide Division 
635 Capitol St., NE 
Salem, OR 97301-2532 
Telephone: (503) 986-6471
ag_04.pngOregon website

Washington
Washington State Department of Agriculture 
Pesticide Management Divivsion 
Registration Services 
P.O Box 42589 
Olympia, WA  98504-2589 
Fertilizer Registration: (360) 902-2025
Washington State website

I Hope You Can Find More Info On This Page.

As Far As Metals Go-It's Likely Minimal... Here's The Addy If You Need More Info. I Could Only Find These 3 States.
Plus, It's Not Updated-Only To 2015. http://aapfco.org/metals.htm

Control Official Secure Site
Log-in

Register

AAPFCO Association of American Plant Food Control Officials

Navigation:

Announcements & News:

View the Attendance Map for the 2015 Annual Meeting:
2015_AN_attendance_thumbnail.jpgClick on the map to see the full-size map! (pdf, 539kb)

Guidelines

• Bueller likes this

#4 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1225 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

one thing id watch is the sedge thats in it we have a similar product up here its called plants in pots ive used it but its very unpredictable as sledge is hard it seems for them to give a nutrient breakdown as its sledge harvested from dried sloughs.each time its of a different composition making it hard really to get a handle on a feeding program as each bag varies!!!!!!! 

• Bueller and BrotherWill like this

#5 BrotherWill

BrotherWill

Brother Will

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3219 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:11 AM

I Don't Recall If The Black Gold {All Organic-Which This Company No Longer Makes} Potting Soil Was

Without Everything You Have Right Here And At 1/3 Of The Price For A 2 Cu Ft. Bag. This Company Back 

Either In The Late 70's Or Early 80's-Mid 80's Was An Excellent Product. We Would Buy Entire Pallets Each Month.

They Have Changed Hands From Being A Mostly PNW Company To A National One. They Used To Have 2 Types Of Black Gold.

One As Said Was 'All Organic' And The Other I Think Was Called 'Natural.' The Latter Potting Soil Would 'Pan' The Water Right Off

To The Sides. An Easy Fix To This Prob, But Since They Were A Buck Cheaper A Bag We Stuck With The Better Black Gold 'All Organic'...

Along With Beefing This Soil Up With Extra Bulk Nutes, Along With Adding In More Perlite. A Bit Of Sand And Additional Moss If Needed To

Stretch The Mix.

We Have A Guy Here In Town Who Makes Up A Mix Like This One Pete. He's Owns 2 American Ag Stores {For Grow Equipment.}

Nice Soil I Hear... But Sadly, We Found Out The Dude's A Snitch. Thank God We Always Paid With Cash And Closed Our Commercial

Acct. Prior To Me Being Busted. Years Later, I Got To Talking To This Owner And He Actually {Believe This Or Not} Told Me Everything...

Get This--->  ALL Over The Phone This Dude Confesses To Me As Though I Was His Priest Granting Him Absolution.

How The Cops Set Up Customers And Having Police Cadets Jotting Down Lic. Plates To Turn Into The Heat Daily. I Did Nothing Compared To This Rat

And Figure It's His Karma Not Mine.The Scum Eventually Got Me. 'Operation: 'Green Thumb.' Just Think What A Field Day I Could Have With This Creep...

Anyway... Sorry, A Bit Hyper And Oh Lord... How Am I Ever Going To Make It Through This Day ? Peace Be With You All, BW

Its sledge harvested from dried sloughs.each time its of a different composition making it hard really to get a handle on a feeding program as each bag varies!!!"

Oh AT I'll Bet... Hard To Get A Steady Read On Each Bag WOOOW ! Good Point-Thanks Buddy-Take Care-Have A Good Day My Friend, Peace, BW 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users