12 replies to this topic

#1 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

some info i came across and it seems there may finally be truth on the net about some breeding but then again its the net!!!!! lololol

https://abakusmagazi...l-by-adam-dunn/

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 3 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21633 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:36 PM

Probably needs to begin with "Once upon a time"... :lol:

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 1 other like this

#3 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Locatione.coast ,and then some

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

sounds legit,to what ive followed for a while

#4 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 08:39 AM

seemed to be to me as well jim it was a link to this discussion put up on cc mag as a reference by one of the contributors!!!!

#5 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21633 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:35 PM

Every strain that's been around a long time has varying stories, just look at White Widow. I lived in Denver in the mid 80's and there are some really interesting stories floating around, so it might, or might not be true, but it's still a good story.....

#6 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

the story is gr8 

but......... ,some things dont add up in that post pard made 

t a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheatre, joebrand (aka wonkanobe) and pbud met chemdog and sold him an ounce of very high quality pot for $500. Joe and Chemdog exchanged numbers and they later arranged for two ounces to be shipped to chemdog on the east coast. According to chemdog, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds.

In ’91, chemdog popped the first 4 seeds. From these seeds, one male was found and disposed of (chemdog was young, you can’t blame him). The 3 females were labeled "chemdawg" (now '91 chemdawg), "chemdawg a" (now chemdawg's sister), and "chemdawg b". In 2001, chemdog and his girlfriend attempted to germ 3 more seeds, labeled "c", "d", and "e". the "e" seed never germinated, "c" turned out to be junk (according to chemdog), and chemdawg "d" was the keeper. In 2006, chemdog and joebrand reunited and joe was given 4 of the last 6 beans: Chemdawg phenos 1-4, "4" being the chosen keeper. Joe thought the "4" was the best representation of the original and thus dubbed it the "reunion pheno". Chemdog still has two seeds left in his stash.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

#7 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

if ya follwed the dead up and down the east coast

like i did :)

there is some legit to the story :)

probably had seed in the day 

blotter liquid and serious dank when ya me the rite peeps

went to 100 shows went in 3 times

from the old garden in boston to miami

dont rember much more than that thnough lol

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

#8 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

damn ole hippies with flashbacks gonna be the end of us fer sure!!!!! lololol i had a feeling that  you may bare light on that post jm!!!!!!if i find more of such gabblings ill post it seems interesting....... 

#9 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:21 AM

Rumored the original and best of the Chem Dog strains. The legend of legends is of all strains could be OG Kush. OG kush is a hermi seed from the Chem Dog from back in 1996 in Tahoe. OG Kush is Chem 91. Rumored the original and best of the Chem Dog strains. It is said in 1991 legendary breeder "Chemdawg" had attended a Grateful Dead show at Deer Creek Amphitheater. Chemdawg had met "Joebrand" (aka Wonkanobe) and "Pbud", they sold Chemdawg an ounce for $500. Joe and Chemdawg later arranged for two more ounces to be shipped to Chemdawg on the east coast. According to Chemdawg, one ounce was seedless and the other had 13 seeds. 

The first Chem Dog strain was grown in Montana and sold in Colorado for years before being purchased by Chemdawg, whom was in Massachusetts. While in Colorado, where a primarily indica "Chem" line had been produced steadily for years, confirming that Chem Dog (and related siblings) are indeed of predominantly indica genetics. Chemdawg was now a proud owner of 13 original seeds and in 1991 Chemdawg sowed his first 4 seeds. One turned out male, but the other three were females that became "Chem 91" or "ChemDog '91", "Chem A" (Chem 91 sister), and "Chem B" phenos. In 2000, Chemdawg sowed 3 more seeds labeled "C", "D" and "E". The "C" seed did not turn out well, the "E" seed never germinated and the "D" seed was the winner. In 2006 Chemdawg brought back 4 original Chem Dog seeds to Joebrand in Colorado to be grown out. Those seeds accounted for four more Chem Dog phenotypes, but only the 4th was labeled worthy to its genetics and named "Reunion Pheno". Chemdawg still has two more original seeds in his possesion from the early 1990's. Although some say Chemdawg gave everyone cuttings, never gave seeds away and he still has 6 seeds left. 

In 1993, the Chem Dog strain grew popular and strong. Then at a Phish concert, the Massachusetts grower (Chemdawg) met other growers from New York City, which begged Chemdawg for a rare Chem Dog cutting. Finally Chemdawg traded the Chem Dog for a Super Skunk to the New York City growers and promises were made amongst them not give the Chem Dog away. The NYC growers disliked the name "Chem Dog", so they changed the name to "Diesel", also because when you smoked Chem Dog, it was the "Cock Diesel".

The original Chem Dog is Diesel. Everybody wanted the Chem Dog/Diesel, another group of breeders from Albany traveled to NYC (2 or 3 hour drive) to get the Diesel in bud form. Later the Albany breeders pleaded for a cutting of the Diesel, instead got a bag of seeds to grow. The bags of seeds the Albany breedeers actually got was some Super Skunk grown in Virginia in 1986 that accidentally hermed the Chem Dog, aka Diesel. The Albany crew started breeding those seeds and named it "Sour Diesel". Also the original Chem Dog, aka Diesl is OG Kush. Chem Dog was later renamed "OG Kush" when it arrived in Tahoe in 1996 before it landed in California. 

The flavor and aroma is top notch with the classic look and smooth smoke. Chem Dog has a clear-cut look, smell, and taste. The appearance after drying is lime green with a golden tint, mixture of red hairs and a healthy coating of sugary crystals. There are also many other phenotype hybrids including Geisel, Snodog, Bubble Chem and others. 

fyi the reunion cut is  also known as chem4

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, anothertime and 1 other like this

#10 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:49 AM

that last one is the story I heard... whole lots of info,,

don't really worry about where it came from, just happy to shit that somebody did find and keep the profile and made sure it got out!

Love the phunky dankness of diggity diesel , chem, fuel or fire...

speaking of which,,,

FITH!

• Tokecrazy, anothertime, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#11 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

thxs for enlightening me it seems no matter whose breeding it is there are multiple stories as to how it originated i find these(even if they are)stories quit intresting!!! if you remember g-13 i resourced that cut to the point to where i had breeders arguing as to who did what with the plant.lololol humourous in one faucet of interest but again where is it you call bull shit to it all.are there any true genetics left or have we with our ambitious stories and such made it impossible to determine the truth!!! all i know is im grateful to have the opportunity to have these genetics now as a part of my grow!!!! thxs to those that made this new journey a possibility!!!!!   

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#12 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:48 PM

thats just the start pard

was rezdog and chem dog 1 of the same ??.......,when the arest happend they where at diffrent times ..but ,chem busted in massachuttes rez in maine with dutchgrown months later

rez is the guy that put the prices on seeds where they are now,but his chem and sour d was the real deal,all breeders try to copy

some think rez and gypsy were both fucking dutchgrown and gypsy owed rez and dg cash for beans and when they got popped gypsy got busted in the phillipenes still in the can they say

bet your listening to some robert plant  ,your freind mite know a bit as well

wait till ya hear what susq is hehehehehe

i can barely figure it out

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, anothertime and 1 other like this

#13 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

well all i know theres no sense getting the cops to investigate for us a gent froze to death under his house trailer thawing pipes that froze with the latch open to get under the trailer.these fine investigators had search parties out looking for him for 6 daysbecause he hadnt showed for work low and behold he froze to death under his trailer found at the end of the 6th day!!! genius is all i have to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1lolololo9l iq right around 10 imo!!!!

Edited by anothertime, 08 February 2016 - 04:49 PM.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users