#1 flyinglow

flyinglow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNortheast US

Posted 21 December 2015 - 11:56 AM

Greetings,

I'm interested in finding places to buy original old school genetics.

In my search I have found a place to buy colombian gold.

I cant wait to buy some !!

Do any of you know where to find any others from the 60's or 70's?

Please post links or supply the needed info to acquire.

Peace

• Old Guy, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21633 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:18 PM

Ace http://www.herbieshe...e-regular-seeds and CannaBiogen http://www.herbieshe...n-regular-seeds has a few and I know there are others around as well.

http://www.herbieshe...n-regular-seeds

http://www.herbieshe...f-regular-seeds

• Old Guy, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

#3 flyinglow

flyinglow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNortheast US

Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:19 PM

the 2 sites look identical, whats up with that?

• Old Guy, Bueller, plant boy and 1 other like this

#4 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21633 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

Cannabiogen was thinking about closing down and Ace started handling their seeds.....

• Old Guy, Bueller, plant boy and 1 other like this

#5 jm420

jm420

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • Locatione.coast ,and then some

Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

personally i wouldnt wast the dough,those genetics r long gone imo

• Old Guy, Bueller, plant boy and 3 others like this

#6 Old Guy

Old Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:11 AM

Seedsman seeds, www.seedsman.com sells Acapulco Gold seeds. I purchased and grew some out earlier this year. Took forever to finish. Turned out to be a great smoke. Uplifting, clear high, with what I call a clean finish. Smoke some, get high, and a few hours later feel regular. Not worn out. Like you might feel with some smoke.
Is it the same genetics of the Acapulco Gold from the 70's. I don't know. That was a long time ago. Hard to remember what that high felt like compared to my recent grow. The Acapulco Gold I grew, was a Barney's Farm seed. So it's reputable breeder, but who knows how far back the genetics go.

Seedsman also sells a Old Timer Haze from Ace Seeds. Never grew it, but description sales the genetics go way back.

High Grade Seeds, www.highgrade-seeds.com, a GP sponsor, used to sale a Old School package that they said traced it genetics back to the 70's, but they no longer offer it.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Funny thing is, I was looking for old school seeds when I bought my seeds earlier this year. If anyone finds any Panama Red seeds let me know.

Edited by Old Guy, 22 December 2015 - 09:14 AM.

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger and flyinglow like this

#7 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2251 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

personally i wouldnt wast the dough,those genetics r long gone imo

JM you a sativa fan??? bong has a long search in progress for a killer haze strain or a clear expression of what a haze should be..... dont even know where to begin and not many grow satties these days and have very limited space for a long flowering sat, for it to then be a let down would be devastating :P

Bong

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

#8 flyinglow

flyinglow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNortheast US

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:51 AM

Seedsman seeds, www.seedsman.com sells Acapulco Gold seeds. I purchased and grew some out earlier this year. Took forever to finish. Turned out to be a great smoke. Uplifting, clear high, with what I call a clean finish. Smoke some, get high, and a few hours later feel regular. Not worn out. Like you might feel with some smoke.
Is it the same genetics of the Acapulco Gold from the 70's. I don't know. That was a long time ago. Hard to remember what that high felt like compared to my recent grow. The Acapulco Gold I grew, was a Barney's Farm seed. So it's reputable breeder, but who knows how far back the genetics go.

Seedsman also sells a Old Timer Haze from Ace Seeds. Never grew it, but description sales the genetics go way back.

High Grade Seeds, www.highgrade-seeds.com, a GP sponsor, used to sale a Old School package that they said traced it genetics back to the 70's, but they no longer offer it.

I hope you find what you are looking for. Funny thing is, I was looking for old school seeds when I bought my seeds earlier this year. If anyone finds any Panama Red seeds let me know.

No its not the original Acapulco Gold but I'm thinking it looks pretty interesting in any event.

I'm gonna put this on my want list, as I'd really love to try this one out.

thanks for the tip !!

funny you mention that panama red, that was the 1st weed I ever bought....

oz's were 10 bucks at the time, and a half was 5 bucks, so I bought a half of that panama red

for 6 bucks, a premium price at the time. musta been about 1970ish in phoenix

Edited by flyinglow, 22 December 2015 - 09:58 AM.

• Bueller and KnuckleDragger like this

#9 Old Guy

Old Guy

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

No its not the original Acapulco Gold but I'm thinking it looks pretty interesting in any event.
I'm gonna put this on my want list, as I'd really love to try this one out.
thanks for the tip !!

funny you mention that panama red, that was the 1st weed I ever bought....
oz's were 10 bucks at the time, and a half was 5 bucks, so I bought a half of that panama red
for 6 bucks, a premium price at the time. musta been about 1970ish in phoenix

Happy to help. I just went back to my grow journal on the Acapulco Gold grow and wanted to share a little. Grew in grow tent, under CFL's. Root Organics soil. Fox Farm nutrients, feed on their schedule. Flowered for 13 weeks before cutting. Could have gone a little longer, which maybe why it has what I call a clean finish. Dry and Cured for 30 days. Turned out great.
For personal reasons I haven't smoked anything since the end of Sept. So I'm looking forward trying it again next year.

Only tried Panama Red a couple times back in the mid 70's. At the time there was a lot of Colombian around Central California. Prices were starting to go up $60 to $70 an oz. Then Nor Cal sensimilla hit the streets and everything changed.
  • Bueller, anothertime, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#10 usstoner

usstoner

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1728 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

What about Reeferman...he's back in business over on the farm...he had some good stuff back in the day...
  • Bueller, anothertime, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#11 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26124 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 02:57 PM

I have some beans we made a few years back with Punta Roja LR,,, Columbian Red Tip. Had 3 beans from a preservationist and got one female ... only one popped.

Ima will talk at ya bro....

• Old Guy, anothertime, usstoner and 3 others like this

#12 flyinglow

flyinglow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNortheast US

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:44 PM

So, I did find this strain to be interesting:

https://therealseedc...p?product_id=37

products_title.png Chitrali Region: Hindu Kush Strain: Chitrali

Genetics: Pure Chitrali Hindu Kush Charas Plant
Latitude: 35°N
Regional Harvest: October - early November
Height: 1m - 4m in natural outdoor environment in Upper Chitral
Yield: 1kg or more of dried flowers in natural outdoor environment
Aroma: hashy, tangy, citrus
Characteristics: warm, centred high; good resin; dense buds
Traditional Purpose: charas (hashish) production (sieved/sifted)
Grow Type: greenhouse or outdoors; indoors requires experience

A rare, pure Hindu Kush strain from Upper Chitral, sourced in one of the most renowned charas producing valleys in the high Hindu Kush.

These plants can vary in height from one metre to over three metres, depending on conditions and the particular plant. Buds are typically quite dense and resinous, with strong, tangy 'Kush' aromas. Phenotypes range from 'indica' to more 'sativa' expressions.

Upper Chitral was once one of the biggest charas regions in the entire Hindu Kush, including Afghanistan. This ended when a government crackdown begin in the 70s and 80s. Due to police pressure for many years there has been little commercial growing here, with most cultivation in Chitral now reduced to garden plots and small fields for personal use. There is a genuine need to preserve this strain.

Highly recommended to collectors and breeders.

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 420circuit like this

#13 brim

brim

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

http://www.tropicals...opical-seeds-co

check these out and usc at same site.

• Bueller, usstoner, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#14 anothertime

anothertime

Has many harvests

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1226 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 12:18 PM

all we need i think is a few more home breeders to put a lil more water in the whiskey so to speak and soon there shall be no more true old genetics.seems also to me these big breeders also seem to not get along real well so soon no one will ever know what they are really growing.mine you im there already everything is prairie fluff!!!!!! lolololol

• KnuckleDragger, Bong and flyinglow like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users