- - - - -

new leaf tips turning yellow

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:43 PM

the new growth of the leaves on this 1 plant are turning yellow the rest of my plants are fine what do you think it could be

Attached Files

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:40 PM

it looks like some kind of ph or nitro burn...i would check the ph run off an flush the roots out with phed water for a couple day then give a half feeding for the next 2 feeding...peace

#3 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:47 PM

i havent used neuts yet water is ph 6.5 to 6.8 runnoff is sometimes 6.4

#4 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

what kind of soil..peace

#5 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:21 PM

mericle grow potting soil

#6 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:23 PM

I second nute burn

#7 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

i only ever gave them ph adjusted water

#8 Kieahtoka

Kieahtoka

Neo Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:30 PM

miracle grow potting soil is evil. it's burning your plants, transplant ASAP and water with no nutrients for awhile.

#9 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

yep nitro burn..sorry buddy your another casulty of the mg slow release nute soil..personally i would transplant into some 100%perlite bucket..an rinse out the roots of the plants for 1 week..then feed at half strenth next 2 feeding after that ..peace

#10 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM

shit...i cant find any other soil if i flush the piss out of it you think it will work not much selection around here in winter you know

#11 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:35 PM

you cant find perlite?

#12 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:45 PM

all the garden centers close for the winter here the ones that stay open sell useless things like sprinklers and stuff where else can i get it

#13 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:47 PM

home depot ,lowes, walmart....

#14 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

shit...i did not know that many thanks

#15 Squirt

Squirt

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

Wait a minute... does that MG even have time release nutes? I have used MG soil before, it didn't have any time release and i had ZERO problems with it. I have read before and also from my experience, heat stress damage looks alot like nutrient burn, except it occurs only at the tops of the plants closest to the lamps.

#16 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

thats where the damage is but it says on the bags feeds for 2 months but that plant is under the biggest bulb i have and its a different color spectrum

#17 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

bags feeds for 2 months

time release..its not good to start plants in here..only to move mature plants into here...peace
edit...its not the greatest shit it can grow weed..but be vary carful..i recomend using 100%perlite in buckets with a hole cut 2 in up from the bottem on 1 side of the bucket...this media offers a always netural ph...some people dont even check ph with this method...peace

#18 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:12 PM

any brand recommendations

#19 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:16 PM

uumm..i just get the big green bag for 17bucks..its 3.5 cubic feet worth....sssooo its alot...lol

#20 Pappy

Pappy

Has many harvests

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1686 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:33 PM

...this media offers a always netural ph...some people dont even check ph with this method...peace

After mixing fertilizer into the water, especially nitrogen, the solution's pH must be checked.

#21 Squirt

Squirt

Tokin & smokin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:44 PM

I say the plant in the picture may be suffering from heat stress, but that just my opinion. The reason i say this is because you have more then 1 plant and the rest are doing fine. Right? I think they were just recently transplanted into this soil. Right? Not really enough time to dissolve the time release caps. And you also mentioned that this one particular plant is under a larger bulb? Do you have a oscillating fan blowing between the lights and canopy? I really think it looks like heat stress, but like i said that just my opinion. Also if that MG has time release it will probably cause problems down the road. I would get those plants out of that shit ASAP, like everyone else suggested.

#22 Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*

Guest_Cheese_Fantasy_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

I say the plant in the picture may be suffering from heat stress, but that just my opinion. The reason i say this is because you have more then 1 plant and the rest are doing fine. Right? I think they were just recently transplanted into this soil. Right? Not really enough time to dissolve the time release caps. And you also mentioned that this one particular plant is under a larger bulb? Do you have a oscillating fan blowing between the lights and canopy? I really think it looks like heat stress, but like i said that just my opinion. Also if that MG has time release it will probably cause problems down the road. I would get those plants out of that shit ASAP, like everyone else suggested.

yes the rest are fine and i just transplanted them 2 or 3 days ago the fan i have doesnt oscillate so i have it blow at the stalks where in a spot where all the plants benifate from it...but i will locate some different soil and try again

#23 Guest_2stoned_*

Guest_2stoned_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:37 PM

imo i see those tips of biger fan leaves lower on the plant as why i call nute burn..i agree that the light may be to close...but the burning isn't just on the top growth but lower as well...peace

#24 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:44 AM

It's a combo of the three.light burn,MG soil,and perlite.You can get soil at wal-mart and perlite too.Besure that the perlite dosent have nutr in it too.Some MG's perlite has nutr in it.Get your soil and perlite and mix 40% perlte to the soil.Add one table spoon of dolilite lime to every one gal of soil mix it all together.Lime is a PH buffer,it will bring the soil to a neutral ph.Transplant and water with a PH of 6.4 up to 6.9 water for two waterings and then 1/4 strenght for the first two feeding and then move up the strenght.New no nutr soil and you will be good to go and your baby will love you back for it. PEACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users