148 replies to this topic

#126 eastabos

eastabos

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationcolorado

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

turtle n i8nt - i just started making these -- for filling i have the cap n quik holder. i have learned that for the kief caps i can use a suction type of syringe, everything gets sucked nicely almost nothing left in the bowl. for the bud ones i tried the syringe and was left with bud to add to the capsules - no fun at all!! then i tried an eyedropper -- that works so much better cuz it will pick up the bud as well as the oil. also when i am making a big batch i keep my bowl of coconut oil in a container of hot water to keep the oil from thickening. i am really enjoy the benefits of these lil caps - the knees are feeling so much betta!! eastie
  • I8ntLucky_UR and Bueller like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#127 I8ntLucky_UR

I8ntLucky_UR

Opiate Free Now

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4002 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

turtle n i8nt - i just started making these -- for filling i have the cap n quik holder.
i have learned that for the kief caps i can use a suction type of syringe, everything gets sucked nicely almost nothing left in the bowl. for the bud ones i tried the syringe and was left with bud to add to the capsules - no fun at all!! then i tried an eyedropper -- that works so much better cuz it will pick up the bud as well as the oil. also when i am making a big batch i keep my bowl of coconut oil in a container of hot water to keep the oil from thickening.

i am really enjoy the benefits of these lil caps - the knees are feeling so much betta!! eastie

I got to take some pictures of my process and post it in here. I love the ease and simplicity of it.

I have another batch to make in a week or so and I will do that. I have a new Indica strain I'm waiting to try for beddy bye time. LOL

When I make the bud version I don't grind the bud right down to dust anymore as I was having digestive issue's with the remains. I like to strain my coconut oil / bud into another dish them use a syringe to suck it up and put into caps easy peasy. Not to mention not having the bud matter to deal with makes it easier too. After 4 hours on low in my crock pot there can't be much left of it anyway that hasn't made it into the coconut oil. It is usually a beautiful amber colour.
  • Bueller, SandiaMts and Third floor turtle like this

#128 Third floor turtle

Third floor turtle

Tokin & smokin

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:17 AM

A good friend of mine picked up a couple of these units called "Cap M Quik" I use the 00 unit. http://www.cap-m-qui...ist.asp?CID=110

You can buy the unit at various health food stores just ask them they will order it for you or search the web for a good price. I buy the gel caps in bulk now.

When you use Kief or Hash have you tried specific strains higher Sativa for day and Indica for night or better pain relief? I have 6 different strains and caps for each type now and it is gr8t to have a lot of variety.

Lucky thanks for the tip i do use the cap M quick it makes this so easy i am also trying different strains as well . In fact i am just caping up some made with some beautiful sour diesel kief (one of my fave smokes) and trying the lecithin as well i am looking forward to harvest so i can try my lifesaver and jack the ripper and pandoras box in capsjumping.gifwell i gotta go and cap this batch up i will get back with how they work (with the lecithin)

Many blessings to all
Turtle
Yesterday is History Tomarrow is a Mystery Today is a gift thats why its called The present.....................................:) Enjoy the gift
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Bueller and SandiaMts like this

#129 SandiaMts

SandiaMts

Back from the dead...literally!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2920 posts
  • LocationRocky Mts....

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:19 PM

Hi Everyone! Special thanks to I8ntLucky and Fred for this AWESOME THREAD! There may be some folks out there that are not experienced with medicating with cannabis....I am in that category! I have tried Vaporizing my medicine and it either is way too much or not enough. This method really has me pumped to try it.....I have been thinking about this for a while now and today is the day. I ordered the CapMQuick with 1000 capsules for around $35 dollars (got here in two days) and picked up some EV coconut oil from the market this morning. I got the recommended 00 size for the capsules and they hold about 3/4 of a ML in the bottom halves. I am using a mixture of I8ntLucky's procedure and Freds....I do not have an electric grinder (note to self pick one up!).... Since it takes VERY LITTLE for me to be "couch locked" or "nighty night" after one inhalation off of the vaporizer with a 1/4 pinch of meds, I figured I would make a "less potent" dose of the capsules. Easier to take another capsule than be passed out for the night. I used 2.5 grams of Purple Urkle prescribed meds and ground it up in the hand grinder I have. It does NOT get the material to powder form but just rather breaks it up into very small flakes. I placed this in an oven safe small container and then placed that into the crock pot. I measured out 100ml of coconut oil and stirred that into the ground medicine. It is now "cooking" on the low setting within the crock pot. This is a Wally World $9 crock pot that has three settings....Low, High, and Warm. I am using the LOW setting. After an hour there are small bubbles gradually making their way through the oil. I removed the top and there is a very slight smell of the coconut oil with no smell of cannabis. I will give this another couple of hours and then let it cool and siphon into the capsules. My mixture will probably be very weak but that is my goal. For future capsule making I will try to dial in the specifics for my situation. I will keep you posted on how these turn out! Thanks again to Fred and Lucky for the information!!!! Sandia xmas4.gif
  • I8ntLucky_UR, Bueller, eastabos and 3 others like this

#130 mtherbalcare

mtherbalcare

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 12:38 AM

Thanks to Fred LucKy and everyone else who partipated in this thread. I am making my first batch tommorrow and so excited. I have looked for a decent recipe for weeks for these pills. Been buying them and paying outrageous prices for them. I have a couple questions, read the thread and hope and I am not repeating questions, Is it better to cook the letcine with the marijuana and coconut oil or to do like the video shows and add a small bit to the capsule? Should lethcine be added to cannabutter and cannaoil to help in digestion or is this just a pill thing. The lthcine used in the video is that what we should buy? Again thanks to all and cant wait till morning when I try this out :party time: Montana Herbal Care
  • Bueller, Itinkso and teddys head like this

#131 mtherbalcare

mtherbalcare

• Seasoned Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:11 AM

Thanks to Fred LucKy and everyone else who partipated in this thread. I am making my first batch tommorrow and so excited. I have looked for a decent recipe for weeks for these pills. Been buying them and paying outrageous prices for them. I have a couple questions, read the thread and hope and I am not repeating questions, Is it better to cook the letcine with the marijuana and coconut oil or to do like the video shows and add a small bit to the capsule? Should lethcine be added to cannabutter and cannaoil to help in digestion or is this just a pill thing. The lthcine used in the video is that what we should buy? Again thanks to all and cant wait till morning when I try this out :)
Montana Herbal Care

made my first batch last night will try them today! they look great, have to say adding the bud and the oil is a pain but got it done. they look mostly like weed caps but I think they are going to work great. Will post more when I try them.
  • Itinkso and teddys head like this

#132 lostinlymeland

lostinlymeland

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

Thank you for posting this! Is this a better way of getting the healing properties out of the herb than Ric'k Simpson's using alcohol...getting straight oil?
Blessings,
lostinlymeland
Cathy

Part 5 � Filling the capsules:

Now that you�ve made your concentrated THC saturated oil/butter you need to get it into your capsules.

Firstly, wait for the oil to cool down a little otherwise you run the risk of melting the capsules.
Both the coconut oil and Ghee will remain liquid around the 74 degrees mark for quite a while, therefore it�s easier to add the oil while it�s still in this form assuming you have something to draw up the liquid like a children�s medicinal syringe, pipette or similar.
cJust add it in equal measures to the capsules.

Once you�ve added even amounts of the oil to your caps you�ll need to scrape out and add the residue. I�ve found that the handle of a teaspoon or coffee stirrer is ideal for this process, however if you want to take it to another level you can always purchase a laboratory spatula.

Depending on whether you used hash/kief or ground bud will dictate how easy this process is. For example hash and kief will be mostly oil with a small residue at the bottom, while ground bud will be more like a paste, and as such hard to draw up in a syringe.
In this case (or if you don�t have a syringe), you may want to pour the oil/butter onto a small plate and then put it in the fridge until it sets. Later, using the tip of a sharp knife, cut the butter into twelve equally sized pieces and poke them into the capsules using a chopstick/match etc.

Part 6 - Techniques and tips.

If using bud, remember �no stems, no seeds or pointed leaves�.
Anyone who�s grown and studied their plant under a x30 jeweler�s loupe will be able to describe the microscopic thorns that the pointed leaves are covered in. Even when finely ground, some of these thorns can survive and irritate the stomach lining.

Also (contrary to most advice given about eating cannabis), I don�t recommend you take cannabis capsules on a completely empty stomach. Therefore by eating something like: a slice of toast, a sandwich or a packet of crisps beforehand, you�re preparing your stomach to digest food and thereby activating the gastric juices which will break down your capsules quickly and efficiently.

Effects will start to �kick in� after about an hour and a half, and last for around six to eight hours (depending on how many you took). Should you begin to feel overwhelmed you can shorten the �trip� and reduce its effects by eating sugary foods, or drinking fruit juices rich in vitamin C.

• Itinkso, teddys head and Luc like this

#133 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

Thank you for posting this! Is this a better way of getting the healing properties out of the herb than Ric'k Simpson's using alcohol...getting straight oil?
Blessings,
lostinlymeland
Cathy

hey sweetie...its just a variation of the same thing really...most extractions are... Hug Smiley ......LOL...if you asked rick he'd probably say my way or the highway....but like i always say...there are many ways to skin the cat!!
  • teddys head and Luc like this

#134 nsana

nsana

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

Hey Tink check this site out GodMed.com the capsules contain letchin not sure how to spell it, but I took 2 of them today one in morning and one in afternoon and they were pretty good. Its good to see them on the market in Kalifornia. Nsana
  • Itinkso, teddys head and Luc like this

#135 Itinkso

Itinkso

hemp healer ( and one crazy lady)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23138 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:54 AM

Hey Tink check this site out GodMed.com the capsules contain letchin not sure how to spell it, but I took 2 of them today one in morning and one in afternoon and they were pretty good. Its good to see them on the market in Kalifornia. Nsana

awesome nsana...now if the rest of the world would get a move on and catch up with cali we'd be in a MUCH better place!!!!
  • teddys head and Luc like this

#136 Luc

Luc

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:03 PM

http://www.godmed.com has some stocking locations near me, I might buy a few and try them out. They are a bit pricey, 250 mg Classic caps, 3 for $20 ($6.67ea), 100 for $500. Thanks nsana for the heads up. Luc
  • jangel and teddys head like this

#137 nsana

nsana

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:47 PM

You are welcome Luc, I could not tell the deference between the GodMed pills and the ones I have made. I met the owner and discussed what he thought made his a better product. He uses Leticthin, the whole plant,(except for roots), and uses 75% indica and 25% sativa is a good mix. His prices are a bit high but at least its getting out there.There are some pretty amazing claims being made and I'm interested to see how long before some pharma co says something,Of course this is California and anything goes we think. I think the letichin helps the liver absorb the cannibis better and faster. Mine is oil his is emulsified cannibis. I'm just little confused about his process. His yield is alot more than my 50 to 60 grams I think he said he looses about a quarter of weight when he dries it with his special process. I'm really interested in the letichin I would like to add it to mine and see what it does for it. Hope it works for you Luc. Nsana
  • jangel and teddys head like this

#138 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:01 PM

My uncle "Fred" has been taking cannabis capsules (a slightly different preparation) for Parkinson's for four months now. His tremors are almost imperceptible and the L-Dopa is on its way out.

This stuff really work!

BTW - it is in the US Governments patent that cannabis is a treatment for Parkinson's - as well as stroke, Alzheimer and other neurological diseases.

US6630507_Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

http://www.google.co...EBAJ&dq=6630507
  • teddys head and PoeticLife like this

#139 teddys head

teddys head

International turf cutter ,Deanta in Eirinn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11501 posts
  • Locationsan Eireann

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

My uncle "Fred" has been taking cannabis capsules (a slightly different preparation) for Parkinson's for four months now. His tremors are almost imperceptible and the L-Dopa is on its way out.

This stuff really work!

BTW - it is in the US Governments patent that cannabis is a treatment for Parkinson's - as well as stroke, Alzheimer and other neurological diseases.

US6630507_Cannabinoids as antioxidants and neuroprotectants

http://www.google.co...EBAJ&dq=6630507

blessing froggym for uncle Fred flyingsmiley.gif

Health and happiness
  • PoeticLife likes this

#140 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 23 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

We do "dry" caps for a friend with cancer and an uncle with parkinson's and soon a friend with liver disorder. Potency is not as concentrated as "oil" versions, but they take 3 caps 3 to 4 times a day. Brought the cancer markers down from low teens to under 1 in 6 weeks. Diminished parkinsons tremors in only 1.5 weeks. No "buzz" though. For them that is a good thing.

Attached Files

• PoeticLife likes this

#141 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:03 AM

7-year-old Mykayla Comstock was diagnosed with leukemia in July, it was less than three days before her mother filed Oregon medical marijuana paperwork so the child could take lime-flavored capsules filled with cannabis oil.

http://abcnews.go.co...36#.ULXs6YdX2So

"The first doctor was not for it at all," Purchase told ABCNews.com. "She was rude and she told us it was inappropriate. "Basically she blew up at us and told us to transfer to another facility."

They found a new doctor, who knows that Mykayla takes about a gram of cannabis oil a day -- half in the morning and half at night -- but he doesn't talk about it with them.

"This is our daughter," Purchase, 25, said. "If they don't agree with our personal choices, we'd rather they not say anything at all."

It's legal for a minor to enroll in the Oregon medical marijuana program as long as the child's parent or legal guardian consents and takes responsibility as a caregiver.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#142 froggymountain

froggymountain

SHeaven

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationDetroit

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

I make canna caps for my uncle (86 yrs old with parkinsons). It takes about two hours to prepare 168 caps (28 day supply at two caps 3 X daily). A small investment to see the miracle of a parkinsons patience that no longer shakes or is stiff from rigidity of parkinsons. ....... and it is 100% organic, non GMO ...... oh, yes - no insurance required and it is less costly than a co-pay. I will keep up with canna caps as do many of my colleagues presently. BTW - try the benefits of juicing leaf as well.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#143 athena

athena

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

I haven't read all the comments yet, so my question may have been answered already. Here is what concerns me (thorns on leaves!):

"Part 6 - Techniques and tips.
If using bud, remember �no stems, no seeds or pointed leaves�.
Anyone who�s grown and studied their plant under a x30 jeweler�s loupe will be able to describe the microscopic thorns that the pointed leaves are covered in. Even when finely ground, some of these thorns can survive and irritate the stomach lining."

My question: Are thorns filtered out when we make our NN? If you just use stockings (am a beginner) for a small batch, will it contain these microscopic thorns? Thanks for any help on this. Athena
  • Desiderata likes this

#144 Desiderata

Desiderata

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Interesting, I don't know but I'll be paying attention.
  • athena likes this

#145 mediuseA

mediuseA

Honored Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2842 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

the healing compound one gets from cannabis bud is in the trichomes for the most part.... muA

#146 athena

athena

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:45 AM

Thanks, Medi, but I think he was referring to tiny hook-shaped thorns, and not the stalks that hold the little crystal balls that are so valuable. But - I've never looked at a leaf under magnification, so I don't know first-hand. :-)

#147 Graywolf

Graywolf

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1073 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

I'm new at this but it seems to me from reading all of this about capsules that it would be easier to just get an RX for Marinol 5 or 10mg. :D

And you would be right if they actually worked, but alas they do not have the same effects as the natural extract, besides their expense.
  • PoeticLife likes this

#148 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

don't know how I missed this one.... love having more options, and seriously can't keep toking in the amounts that I do... besides I am actually losing out on so much of the healing properties. I think its because I am always fearful of something triggering the Chrons, even with my NN oil I am still fearful of more than a daily dose. I need to experiment more, and it looks like this is yet another way to medicate and if it can stretch my medicine out more then even better!

now need to read l8ntlucky's thread on how he does it. Now I have another use for the coffee grinder thats never used ha ha

I like options.. the more the better. I'm still finding these threads that are jewels... wow!

#149 Tony Starks

Tony Starks

Pupil

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Still making these little gems. Feeling great right now thanks do my dose before lunch and I wanted to thank Fred. Looks like he is no longer active? Well Fred, if you somehow read this I wanted to tell you that I am very grateful. I will always be making these as it provides the perfect 'drift', still allowing me to be productive during the day and discreet. Im not a young buck anymore and cannot travel with pipe and herbs, so these pills are like me American Express card, i never leave home without it! 

Thank you Fred and I hope this message finds you well

• Tokecrazy and KnuckleDragger like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users