* * * * * 1 votes

Freds THC Capsules

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_Fredfarted_*

Guest_Fredfarted_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2008 - 04:30 PM

This is an amazing technique, I had a few questions though.

1. Would it be possible to use an air tight mason jar for the double boiling technique? Would it help retain any of the thc that did happen to vaporize or am I just crazy?

OMFG NO!!!!!!That will Blow up!!!!!!!!!

2. I have been thinking of using eleuthero root powder as an excipient for the mixture, in order to bind the oil and evenly distribute it through all the pills instead of using a pipette to attempt to evenly distribute the oil. Would it sound reasonable to mix the powder into the oil and cannabis in order for the oil to have something to bind to then mix it in so that it is evenly distributed in the mixture then fill and cap as if I was using any other herb with my cap m quick.

I am confused!

The reason I ask about the Eleuthero root is because I already take it for energy and for balancing my qi and body and I feel that it would do a mighty good job of counter acting the couch lock which sometimes make the medicinal benefits of marijuana impossible to enjoy on a day when life must go on.

Thank you for your time and for sharing this great method.

Metta

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 scott06

scott06

Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1925 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

metta? r u a practicing buddhist Fred, is that rude to ask? I ask because I have worked heavily at times with Buddhist practices..espcially the metta practices may you be safe may you be well may you be free from harm

#53 gungfucuddler

gungfucuddler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Well I actually tried a base run using a mason jar before I read your reply and it worked out amazing, using kief and keeping it right before a simmer. Although next time I should probably be a little more cautious with something that could explode and kill me but hey quantum leaps keep evolution, science, and society moving.

excipient is the scientific term used to describe any form of neutral binder in a pill or capsule that keeps the constituents of the pill together and evenly distributes them through the whole batch of pills.

I have been working on reverse engineering various kits and techniques on makeing THC pills in order to discover the best parts of each and amass them into one beautiful tech for everyone. I am hoping to test out my most recent procedure in the next week or so and if all goes well I will post my complete procedure on here, if you do not mind Fred, and would love feed back.

My most recent endeavor was to understand one kits "Decarboxylation Chamber" which looked exactly like a 8 ounce wide mouthed mason jar, they followed basically the water bath procedure with it but kept the lid on. My fear was also having it explode so I used a shatter proof glass lid more or less as a shield and created a barrier around it, heh.

Thank You Again
Metta

1. Would it be possible to use an air tight mason jar for the double boiling technique? Would it help retain any of the thc that did happen to vaporize or am I just crazy?

OMFG NO!!!!!!That will Blow up!!!!!!!!!

2. I have been thinking of using eleuthero root powder as an excipient for the mixture, in order to bind the oil and evenly distribute it through all the pills instead of using a pipette to attempt to evenly distribute the oil. Would it sound reasonable to mix the powder into the oil and cannabis in order for the oil to have something to bind to then mix it in so that it is evenly distributed in the mixture then fill and cap as if I was using any other herb with my cap m quick.

I am confused!

The reason I ask about the Eleuthero root is because I already take it for energy and for balancing my qi and body and I feel that it would do a mighty good job of counter acting the couch lock which sometimes make the medicinal benefits of marijuana impossible to enjoy on a day when life must go on.

Metta

Edited by gungfucuddler, 02 October 2008 - 07:35 AM.

#54 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 09:53 AM

I do not understand the benefit of a binder in this instance, maybe I am missing something though, its possible.

I will however share this tidbit of knowledge with you, left over from my younger days, I use to make hash oil, in very large quantities, and I needed a binder for the oil, the only think that worked well for me was, believe it or not, Sherman's Cello Rosin. You dont need much.
Peace

I am confused!

Metta

#55 gungfucuddler

gungfucuddler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:19 AM

Thank you very much, I will look into it later in the weekend. I am not so much interested in the need for a binder as much as I think it would be nice to have a non caffeine based mild energizer mixed with the extract so that couch lock does not ruin the wonderful medicinal benefits of marijuana capsules. So one may still perform their daily activities while enjoying the medicinal qualities but with out finding themselves strung out on the amount of caffeine it requires to nullify the sedative qualities. So I figure it might as well also be used as a binder, not a technical excipient because it is not neutral but I still refer to it as one because western medicine does not count it as medicine, in order to equally distribute the extracted oil, which is looking for something to bind to anywho now that it has become separated from the plant matter it was once part of. It would negate the need for using a pipette to equally siphon off the oil and put it in each capsule and would also add more of a solid body to the capsules so that no one would have to worry about leakage, depending on the type of capsule they use. It is a method I came up with while attempting to take Mediterranean Oregano Oil in a capsule with out it leaking before it made its way to my stomach, because it burns so so much on the tongue. Metta

#56 Guest_bobthebuilder_*

Guest_bobthebuilder_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2008 - 06:05 AM

Awesome Guide!! although I am skeptical, and pessimistic that it will work well for me, so i just had to try it.. Just passed 2 hours cooking time, Im gonna leave it another hour i think. I saw a few tiny bubbles, probably water vapor, or other unimportant shit vaporizing(smells slightly weedy, but not overwhelming... probably simply cause of the fact that there is weed in a closed container, even at room temp it will smell somewhat strong) Also I put the weed in a magic bullet, its not quite the consistancy of flour, more like regular sugar, think that would make a big difference? I took a temperature reading of 220 degrees Fahrenheit just now, but i dont know how accurate that is (big thermometer, little amount of liquid) Is that high enough? Low on a Crockpot seems kinda vague, i doubt there is much consistency with these $20 electric heaters Edit: I accidentally used 2 Tbsp instead of 2 Tsp... so I wound up with 36 pills haha I couldve sworn i read tablespoons when i read the guide, guess i was wrong Should still work though... just 3 times the pills am I right?

Edited by bobthebuilder, 09 November 2008 - 07:32 AM.

#57 Tony Starks

Tony Starks

Pupil

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

Ive been well around the MMJ scene for a few years now and this has got to be the best recipe i have come across bar none! This is a super easy recipe and i think i will invest in a cap-m-quick to essentially cap m quick :pot leaf: I used my spacecase grinder to grind up the herb and it made it a pain to get the plant material in the capsules, so im going to buy a magic bullet grinder or just take out the amount i need and let it dry out so it crumbles when touched Thanks so much fred for passing on the knowledge. My asthma has been getting bad and these pills do the trick for me. I also made some for my mom who has MS and it worked pretty well to control muscle spasms. One more thing..... Yesterday at my job there was a drug dog search marijuana and the like. I had 3 pills on me and was shitting bricks as the dog went up and down the ailles smelling stuff... The dog walked past me 2 or 3 times and didnt even bother with me. I even patted the dog on the head with the pills in my jacket pocket....Boy was i relieved! I had em in a pill carrier thing....I know its kinda risky to have em on me and i probably wont do it again but its good to know that dogs cant detect it (or that one dog atleast)
  • jangel likes this

#58 Guest_JayoJs_*

Guest_JayoJs_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:08 PM

i have tried this recipe, but i dont get high off it. i do everything it says to do. I am using bud, should there be bud left in the oil or should it melt?

#59 Tony Starks

Tony Starks

Pupil

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:17 AM

Im no expert as i only have a few batches under my belt but are you using the crockpot method? Using extra virgin coco oil? its pretty fool proof if you follow directions, maybe you need to take more? I know my brother is not affected by edibles at all...even the stronger ones...perhaps thats the case good luck
  • jangel likes this

#60 Guest_JayoJs_*

Guest_JayoJs_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2009 - 07:15 PM

Im no expert as i only have a few batches under my belt but are you using the crockpot method? Using extra virgin coco oil?

its pretty fool proof if you follow directions, maybe you need to take more?

I know my brother is not affected by edibles at all...even the stronger ones...perhaps thats the case

good luck

I have tried the crock pot method, with extra virgin coco oil, after i leave it in for 2 hours, i use a syringe looking thing to pick up the oil and put pieces of bud inside the capsule.

#61 Tony Starks

Tony Starks

Pupil

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 04:31 PM

I dont know Jay... Im sorry bud im all out of insight on how to solve ur delema :banghead:

#62 Guest_JayoJs_*

Guest_JayoJs_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I dont know Jay...

Im sorry bud im all out of insight on how to solve ur delema

:rollone:

i was watching a youtube video and i think i put too much oil, and i did grind it together after i cooked it to make it into a paste, im going to try again and let u know

#63 Tony Starks

Tony Starks

Pupil

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

Sounds good bro Ya if you put too much oil it can def mess with the results....you could add more bud to the orginial amt of oil the recipe calls for to increase potency...or use keif or the like

#64 madmonkey

madmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:17 AM

Hi! This is a truly awesome thread and follows on nicely from something I've been doing recently to avoid smoking due to smoking-related bad health; eating hash butter! (primarily on toast) I've just started using ghee instead of butter and it's amazing how much better it is. I put the ghee in a small frying pan then put in about 0.5g of very good hash (e.g. caramello). I heat it fairly low, just enough to get the ghee simmering. At the end there is a small amount of sediment remaining and a very nice brownish butter. The frying pan has an add-on that allows you to have 4 egg-cups suspended just above water so you can poach eggs by boiling the water. I've been doing it this way too as it requires much less attention on my part (I can just leave the hash in some ghee in the little cups and get on with something else... like cleaning the dishes!). The hash never dissolves as well as when I do it directly in the frying pan, however. Is there enough heat? I still get really mashed! So I'm really wondering about the temperatures... at the start of this post the boiling point of water is incorrectly stated as 170C when it is in fact 100C/212F. It is then stated that THC 'evaporates/vaporizes... over 180[C]'... if this is the case, isn't 100C just a little bit too low compared to the max useable temp of 180C? Is that why I get more sediment afterwards? There's just not enough heat to dissolve the hash into the butter? Or is it because there's much less effective stirring going on? Any ideas would be most helpful! I hate not having an accurate mental picture of what's actually going on! Cheers, MM

#65 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:42 AM

I think that should be farenhiet, not celsius. Don't forget, Fred is a yank. If is is farenhiet then the temps are correct.

#66 madmonkey

madmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:22 PM

Angel, I would agree with you but it is Fred who put CELSIUS in it! Maybe he's just mixed 'em up? Wouldn't be the first time for a stoner LOL

#67 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

Yup, You are right. I will contact him and see what he says. I am wrong, sorry for the confusion, I went back and read the beginning of the thread but had to go out.

#68 IceIceBaBy

IceIceBaBy

Just breakin' the seal, watch out!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 01:43 PM

Fred, have not heard from ya in a while, just making sure you are still doin what you do. Hope all is well. To this day, this thread is kick ass. thanks again for your posts here. Ice
  • jangel and Tony Starks like this

#69 madmonkey

madmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:51 PM

I got one more question for anyone that cooks up hash with ghee or some other type of fat... what do you do with the remaining sediment? I've been eating it up til now but like when you extract from bug/leaf is this remaining hash sediment now stripped of all THC? I've tried just eating the butter without sediment and I get real mashed... I've tried eating the sediment too and I also got real mashed... not really sure what's going on!

#70 Guest_Fredfarted_*

Guest_Fredfarted_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2009 - 05:14 PM

As long as your gettin high Thats what is important! LOL! Your ok as LONG as you dont go OVER 325F Thc vaporizes at like 350+ So you safe no matter what. I usually throw the remnants away but Hey if you got high then eat!

#71 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

As long as your gettin high Thats what is important! LOL!
Your ok as LONG as you dont go OVER 325F Thc vaporizes at like 350+ So you safe no matter what. I usually throw the remnants away but Hey if you got high then eat!

Fred! You got my message! Thanks so much for coming by! hope you stick around a bit and let us know how you are and what is up with you.

I miss ya buddy.

Peace and much love!:love::study:

#72 madmonkey

madmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:35 AM

I know I know, I'm getting high so who gives! Out of interest, how much sediment do you have left when you use hash as a percentage of what you put in? I think I get about a quarter of it...

#73 jangel

jangel

Bridge Builder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22352 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

I know I know, I'm getting high so who gives!

Out of interest, how much sediment do you have left when you use hash as a percentage of what you put in? I think I get about a quarter of it...

Hey buddy, I think ya got all you are going to get from Fred, he came, he answered and he left.

Sorry, best I could do, or rather, best we can do.

Peace

#74 madmonkey

madmonkey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:39 PM

Thanks, it's all appreciated :-)
  • jangel likes this

#75 Guest_20/20_*

Guest_20/20_*
  • Guests