* * * * * 1 votes

Freds THC Capsules

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#26 Guest_bad1301forlife_*

Guest_bad1301forlife_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:13 AM

hi my name is sam and im new here, but i wanted to comment on how great this thread is. wow i've been trying to look for a great thc pill recipe all over the net and like all the other ones were so vague and horrible, but this is great. i have three questions though. when you say double the recipe or 4x it, do you increase the time it stays in the crock pot as well? as you mentioned, you said 1 hour of hashish for the normal amount, if i tried to make 4 times that amount, would it be in there for 4 hours? And does anyone have any experiences with bringing THC pills onto airplanes and into any countries? Can airport security detect such pills? And finally, how long do these pills last? Are they supposed to be put in a cold place? Can they be frozen? Thanks for any help. Sorry for all the questions, just really curious.

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Guest_Fredfarted_*

Guest_Fredfarted_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:29 AM

hi my name is sam and im new here, but i wanted to comment on how great this thread is. wow i've been trying to look for a great thc pill recipe all over the net and like all the other ones were so vague and horrible, but this is great. i have three questions though.

when you say double the recipe or 4x it, do you increase the time it stays in the crock pot as well? as you mentioned, you said 1 hour of hashish for the normal amount, if i tried to make 4 times that amount, would it be in there for 4 hours?
And does anyone have any experiences with bringing THC pills onto airplanes and into any countries? Can airport security detect such pills?

And finally, how long do these pills last? Are they supposed to be put in a cold place? Can they be frozen?

Thanks for any help. Sorry for all the questions, just really curious.

No cook it the same time. Amount doesnt matter.

Put them in a vitamin jar no one will be able to tell the difference

Just keep them away from light. Light degrades THC. Store in a cool dark place

#28 Mr. Super Radmacho Man

Mr. Super Radmacho Man

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

thats awe some , im definetly trying this

#29 Guest_clouds27_*

Guest_clouds27_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:26 AM

could i use virgin coconut oil instead of extra virgin coconut oil because thats all that i can find in the store

#30 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 03:56 PM

Hell yeah.. the extra virgin is just a bit more pure.

You will be fine with just virgin coconut oil... you are basically looking for oils/butters with a certain type of fat that thc and the cannaboids will bond to during the chemical reaction. Coconut oil is high in it...

Enjoy! I love these things and need to make me a new batch over the weekend!

And oh yeah.. post up a message under the "Introduce yourself" section. Lots of people waiting to welcome you to greenpassion!

http://www.greenpassion.org/f12/

could i use virgin coconut oil instead of extra virgin coconut oil because thats all that i can find in the store

#31 Ron

Ron

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationright here!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:50 PM

:hawkeye: I'm having a hard time understanding the bolded text below. You say that the THC is vaporized at temps over 180C so you want to keep it at 170C. 170C is said to be the boiling point of water which it is not. Could you clarify the temperatures for me. As far as I know the THCA to THC can be done around 170C but a water bath isn't going to get that high.

I assume you are just heating the mix in a boiling water bath. If that is the case there is no need to worry about any precious goodness getting vaporized as a water bath will not get that hot.

TIA,
R

Part 4 - Now the ‘how to’

<snip>

The Canna-oil Method: If using a Pan and Mixing Bowl

Pour around three inches of boiling water into your cooking pan, then sit the mixing bowl in the water so that it’s floating just off the bottom (very important), add the oil or Ghee (clarified butter) to the mixing bowl and let it melt, then add your hashish, kief or powdered bud and dissolve slowly while keeping the lid on and the boiling water just barely simmering beneath.

Floating the mixing bowl in the water and keeping the lid on prevents ‘burning off’ the THC which evaporates/vaporises at high temperatures.(over 180. The boiling water keeps the butter/oil at the perfect temperature of around 170 degrees centigrade (boiling point) to slowly ‘wring’ out every last molecule of ‘spacey goodness’!.

This step is the most important part. Heating the weed must occur to decarboxylaize it.

This converts THCA to THC via a decarboxylation reaction.
In whole-plant cannabis, THC content is expressed as THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) prior to decarboxylation into THC, which takes place when cannabis is heated during cooking, and smoked or vaporized ingestion. THCA is a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory but does not have good affinity with our CB1 receptors, so in order to make a THC-rich mixture that has many of the same therapeutic effects as smoked ingestion (including rapid absorption, quick relief and ease of self-titration), we must convert the THCA in the plant matter into THC prior to consuming

#32 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:16 PM

Next week Im going to an event that will be lasting about 9 or 10 hours. Needless to say we will be in public and smoking is out of the question. I was thinking about making some cookies or brownies by double boiling some bud in butter. This seems like it would be much simpler. Plus my buddies grand kids will be there and Im sure if they saw us eating cookies they would want some, and that aint cool.

#33 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:19 PM

Here is how I see it.. I think the same as you. THC vaporizes at about 365 degrees F or 185 degrees C. So.. you do not want to get the butter any higher than that.. otherwise the good stuff is going to vaporize and not bond with the fat in the butter. In this example.. they are usinga mixing bowl that floats in boiling water which I agree shouldn't get any hotter than 212 degrees F. I could see if you were just melting it in a pot or crock pot.

#34 Ron

Ron

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Locationright here!

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:25 PM

Ya, we do see it the same way GreenGoblin. I guess the real question is what is the minimum temp needed to convert THCA to THC and have it bond with the oil?

Here is how I see it.. I think the same as you.

THC vaporizes at about 365 degrees F or 185 degrees C. So.. you do not want to get the butter any higher than that.. otherwise the good stuff is going to vaporize and not bond with the fat in the butter. In this example.. they are usinga mixing bowl that floats in boiling water which I agree shouldn't get any hotter than 212 degrees F. I could see if you were just melting it in a pot or crock pot.

#35 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:38 PM

Hey guys.. I make them quite regularly and just use a small cheap crockpot from walmart. It was only like $8! It is smaller than normal ones and perfect for this. I make smaller batches, so I picked up a four pack of small pyrex baking dishes and set one inside the small crock then heat up some coconut oil. My crock has two settings.. high/low .. so I usually kick it on high and let it go for about 4hours.. sometimes longer. The temp never gets so high that you have to worry about vaporization, but does get hot enough to bond the goodness to the fatty oils. I think it gets up to 270 at the hotest or something. I am not an expert enough to tell you that getting it closer to the vape point may be better.. i don't know. But I can tell you I love my finished product. Try making it with straight kief to really whoop your ass! And as for making them for events where you need to be low key.. I highly recommend. I have taken them coach class on a flight to Atlanta wedged between two people.

#36 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

GG or FF - Do you put any water in the crock pot. Do you still use the ceramic pot that is the crock or do you just put the bowl in the heating unit?

#37 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:39 PM

Dude when I make em, there is no water in the crock pot, and you still use the ceramic pot that comes with the crock pot, the purpose of this is to reduce the heat even more, it dosent take much heat, and too much heat will reduce the potency of the pills. I always use the lowest setting, low.
Peace

GG or FF - Do you put any water in the crock pot. Do you still use the ceramic pot that is the crock or do you just put the bowl in the heating unit?

#38 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

Use the ceramic pot and just set the pyrex in it.. it radiates the heat. No water..

#39 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:56 PM

GG-VM one says 4 hours on high the other says low. Im sure both ways work very well but how long on low. When I used to make butter (recipe from easyriders mag. 1970's) I used to double boil the butter and pot for about 18 hours. Worked very well 1 ounce of shake or street pot and 1 pound of butter. Mix into 1 browine mix, and look out. Ate one brownie before i got married, and pastout that night. My wife never lets me forget how I slept thru my honeymoon.

#40 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

I just took 2 thc pills. I used bud, and butter. 1 1/2 grams of bud is almost the same as 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter. The butter barely covered the bud, but I put it in the crock pot on low anyways. 4 hours later I took it out. Because the bud and butter filled the cup I used, I decided to let the whole mess cool, then stuff the caps with the budbutter. Putting the budbutter into the caps wasnt that hard, but I only filled 2, then put the rest of the budbutter back in the fridge. So I took the 2 at 4:20, Ill let you know how long it takes to work, and how strong they are. Be back later.

#41 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

Any update? Curious how you made out with your first try..

#42 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:27 PM

Its 7:20, Im really well medicated. 2 of those pills are NICE. I cant wait to cap up the rest of my butter. It took about an hour before I felt anything, but from then on good buzz. Got to get some hash to do this with.

#43 Guest_Fman_*

Guest_Fman_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2008 - 02:54 PM

Make These Pills, They Work Great.

#44 GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Medicine man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:26 PM

Ha.. that's great Fman. I knew you would enjoy them. They are awesome when you need to be discrete too...

#45 Guest_clouds27_*

Guest_clouds27_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2008 - 06:12 PM

ok so i made the thc pills and i took 2 and nothing really happend so next day i took 5 i got a result but it was only a small buzz so here is my question What did i do wrong??? hers how i made them 1 i grinded up my 2 grams of bud in a coffe grinder i got for 20 bucks (i grinded it as fine as i could get it but that wasnt that fine maby its the grinder i got) 2 i used all of the 2 grams of bud and 2 and (then a tad bit more like 1/4 maby little less) tsp of virgin coconut oil (i couldnt get extra virgin) 3 so i put the bud into a oven safe container and then put in to coconut oil 4 i let it stew on low for about half an hour then mixed it a little (it smelled strongly of the coconut oil) 5 i mixed it a little at 1 hour and 1 and a half hours and at 1 and a half hours into it when i mixed it a little i turned it up to high (i know you said keep it on low but some of the others said high got them great results) and also i did it once before and a complete waste but i found my own mistakes on that one but i was nervouse with this one 6 so at 2 hours i took it out let it sit at room temp for about 10-20 minutes then filled up my emtyd vitamin capsuls i made about 13 of umm the finished product was a green paste like oil and alot of leftover bud that i packed into the capsuls possible problems? 1 the bud when i first got it wasnot dried correctly and was still a little damp i dicided that i didnt feel like drying it the rest of the way and just went ahead with it 2 when i grinded the but it wasnt like a powder it was kindof like flakes but that was as good as i could get it 3 the bud that i got had a good amount of obvious leaf material but i just threw the whole thing in the coffee grinder because i was afraid it wouldnt be enough but to begin with

#46 Guest_clouds27_*

Guest_clouds27_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:07 PM

no one knows what i did wrong i guess :rock on:

#47 4kaan4

4kaan4

Teaching to grow

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:14 PM

Hey clouds, I'd be willing to bet that the extra moisture did you bad. You couldn't get it to grind properly and the fact that water and oil don't mix meant that the oil could not get into the bud to disolve the THC. If I were you I would try again with drier buds. They will grind up better and there will be less water to prevent the oil from mixing with the THC. Of course, I could be entirely wrong about that, but that would be my best guess. Later, 4kaan4

#48 HeadPawthead

HeadPawthead

Super Administrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6092 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:19 PM

Just like 4kaan4 said, but also, I'd avoid the high heat setting completely. You'll ruin the THC for sure. You did place your oven safe dish into a crockpot right? Peace

#49 Guest_clouds27_*

Guest_clouds27_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:20 PM

thanks man i did not think of that at all but i think i will try again with some correctly dried product and see what i get and yes i did put my oven safe dish into a crockpot :rock on:

#50 gungfucuddler

gungfucuddler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

This is an amazing technique, I had a few questions though. 1. Would it be possible to use an air tight mason jar for the double boiling technique? Would it help retain any of the thc that did happen to vaporize or am I just crazy? 2. I have been thinking of using eleuthero root powder as an excipient for the mixture, in order to bind the oil and evenly distribute it through all the pills instead of using a pipette to attempt to evenly distribute the oil. Would it sound reasonable to mix the powder into the oil and cannabis in order for the oil to have something to bind to then mix it in so that it is evenly distributed in the mixture then fill and cap as if I was using any other herb with my cap m quick. The reason I ask about the Eleuthero root is because I already take it for energy and for balancing my qi and body and I feel that it would do a mighty good job of counter acting the couch lock which sometimes make the medicinal benefits of marijuana impossible to enjoy on a day when life must go on. Thank you for your time and for sharing this great method. Metta
  • teddys head likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users