#51 CrazyDave

CrazyDave

I'll never drive a jeep except in days that end in y

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
  • Locationby the herbs.

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Looking great man!  No one would ever guess from them sexy girls that you aint been growin for years DWC..... Good log man.

• Bueller, plant boy, GeneralSmokeUppington and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • LocationIn the midst of it

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

Looking great man!  No one would ever guess from them sexy girls that you aint been growin for years DWC..... Good log man.

Thanks, Crazy D; I think Toke might be a better example for someone to actually follow;) Mine is more a "how not to kill your pants with dwc", also think my expectations were REALLY high. I gots pics to post a bit later. They're starting week 7 flowa.

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 3 others like this

#53 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

Day 42 flowa... They're getting used to having twice the air; just changed out the airpump 2 days ago for the GH dual valve and it's a HUGE difference. Twice the output. My old pump was 10/l minute, this one's 20. Now I've got my old 3 gal buckets and a pump...hmmm. Time to get started on something new.

One thing I didn't think of when doing this dual-strain grow in the same system, is that I'll have to flush the HGK earlier than the SD sisters, so HGK may get a short flush and SD very long... No worries.

Da pics, yesterday after lights out and this morning before, then with the LED. As I think I didn't get near to these plant's potentials, I want to do a very soft reveg for SD#1 and HGK and throw them in coco outdoors in the spring. They deserve it. Also, decided on Ace's Panama and/or Golden Tiger to start my landrace bean collection. I'd like to put a good one outside also for next Spring. That'll be the few outdoor trees, and next up in the tent, going solo DWC starting mid November, is going to be either Reeferman's Harmony, beans provided by a good friend, Deadhead OG, or a C99-BigBud. I've got all that Reserva Privada in my freezer, but I may give them a rest as I've done Sharksbreath, Holy Grail, Sour D, and their Purple Wreck in the last 1 1/2 years. I've got their Cataract Kush, but haven't grown it out yet. I'm going to pop those beans tomorrow and choose a lucky winner when they sex. Keep'em in 3 gal dwc under flos until harvest, then in she goes!

Aye, the pics. Hard to get any detail, my apologies. PH 5.8 this morning, ppm @1000-1100. I'm adding 1 1/2 gal a day RO, w/H202, tad o' mag.

Attached File  IMAG0378.jpg   79.26KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0380.jpg   98.2KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0382.jpg   102.2KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0389.jpg   105.51KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0390.jpg   123.09KB   0 downloads

(Lights came on while shooting)

Attached File  IMAG0391.jpg   163.84KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0392.jpg   152.07KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0393.jpg   208.06KB   0 downloads

There they are, hard to see what's happening, just a mass of green and sugar. The HGK in the back is super frosty and very lemony, awesome smell. The SD, right and left front, is meaty smelling; guts, catpiss, etc. Rather nice bouquet;) Gooday, all, dwd

• Bueller, plant boy, GeneralSmokeUppington and 3 others like this

#54 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:57 AM

looking good in there

• Bueller, GeneralSmokeUppington, CrazyDave and 2 others like this

#55 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26122 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

very nice matey!

That outdoor run next spring should be fun for ya..

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger, GeneralSmokeUppington and 3 others like this

#56 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Huh, I think my math is off and it's actually day 46 today... not that it matters to the trichs;) Thanks, Plant Boy, they're starting to look a tad done, especially the HGK. I think (pretty well know) that its roots are gunked up pretty bad, as it didn't get a bucket change, root pruning or anything. The SDs are still putting out pistils, though not many. May be an early first tier harvest, then drop the lights down on the larf... which is actually chunky. Anyhoo, thanks everyone for lookin in, have a sweet one, or sour, or diesely...

very nice matey!

That outdoor run next spring should be fun for ya..

Thanks, Sir Pete! Yep, a lot of folks around here, just about everybody, grow a few outdoors and I'm jealous as hell. Did you see Doobyduck's latest shots? Nuts.

#57 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Update time, they're about 8 weeks into flower and I'm dialing down the nutes. PH 5.9 this morning after adding a gallon of water and just 5ml Liquid Koolbloom, ppms @ 900.

So, I think the HGK's just about done all it can do, so I'm gonna let them drink the nutes they have and transition to flush over this week. The Sour Ds are bulking up, still sort of active, could have 10 days left if they go the full 10 weeks. I work from 8-6 every day at the moment, so I haven't seen them w/lights on for a while... light is down to 10hrs on 14 off until harvest.

So, apparently I was successful at stressing the hell outta the plants until one hermied. I didn't see any male flowers, but I've taken a couple of little larf chunks to test the HGK and got a seed from each. Curious if the SD pollinated it, or if she did herself. Not unhappy to have a couple of seeds, and that kind of explains the small flowers... along with all the other reasons;)

Pics are w/lights off and as usual don't show much except an idea of how they're doing. 

Attached File  IMAG0410.jpg   102.88KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0412.jpg   132.01KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0413.jpg   138.76KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0414.jpg   265.9KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0415.jpg   287.51KB   0 downloads

Attached File  IMAG0416.jpg   114.25KB   0 downloads

I think the major holdup, besides defoliating a sativa dominant strain, which pretty obviously is not a good idea, were high temps during daylight and low at night. Right now, the daylight is perfect, high 70s and 31%RH. Nighttime, however, temps have got down to high 50s. Somewhere along the way, I think I inherited my Mom's way of interacting with growing things; if they don't survive the hardships, they shouldn't try to grow in the desert.

Anyhoo, that's the news. I may try a fast strain for my one plant scrog next time. Maybe the Cataract Kush, although I loved the Purple Wreck and still have a few beans. Gooday all, dwd

Attached Files

Edited by Deepwaterdude, 23 October 2015 - 10:02 AM.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 5 others like this

#58 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

looking frosty

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 4 others like this

#59 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, Plant Boy, I can't wait to chop these suckers and get going on a new one!

Day 60 or so flower, here're the pics. The LED was causing some sort of deficiency in the Sour D 1, so I took it out. Any guesses what it was? Easy answer is Mag from the LED, definitely some sort of lockout anyhoo.

I started flushing today with rainwater + Clearex at @ <150ppm, phd to 5.8. Ppm were at 800 before changing out the sauce. Can't wait to see the changes. I'm sure they're going to drop a good load o' salts into the bath over the next 24hrs and I'll have to change it out again.

Da pudding; you see the one deficient one, front right, then I shot some leg shots, to see their furry stockings. The chunky larf seems to support the defoliation idea, but that is not even close to a scientific conclusion. More like justifying a bad choice, but hey.

Trichs were maybe 10% amber on the HGK a couple of days ago, so they should be good within a week. Sour Ds are looking clear n cloudy. I don't mind taking 'em a tad early... pretty battered by this grow and ready to hear the end of it. Looking forward to putting all the stuff I did wrong right in the next go 'round. Less stress, maybe.

Gooday all, dwdude

Attached Files

#60 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:31 AM

good luck on the harvest

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger, GeneralSmokeUppington and 2 others like this

#61 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

good luck on the harvest

Morning, GP, thanks Plant Boy! Looking forward to it.

SO it's me first time flushing w/hydro, so a fun ride. Yesterday they had rainwater w/clearex @2tsp gal, less than 200 ppm. By evening they were at 500ppm. This morning w/ adding fresh water they were back down under 300.  Luckily it's raining/snowing, so I'll replace their soup tomorrow with new water. I'm in my 10hr day work cycle again, so i see them only at lights off when it's dark. Sunday, Nov 1 will be my first day off and may be HGK chop day. i'm looking for fall colors, but the trichs are where I want them to be according to a test bud i took four days ago; the HGK was smokable yesterday eve and was nice and lemony, wool cap feeling. The SD I don't remember, mixed with too many other smokes to tell the difference.

Fun daze! Thanks for all your help with the million questions etc. Gooday, dwdude

#62 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21497 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

Looking good and they definitely show their Sativa side and it should be a nice little harvest.....

• Bueller, plant boy, GeneralSmokeUppington and 2 others like this

#63 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hey, all, harvested the Holy Grail kush yesterday AM, 11/4, before lights on; now it's just the two Sour Ds until next week sometime. I got a pretty full drying basket o' buds out of it. I cut the thirty or so branches above the screen and then had about the same amount underneath. More than I expected. I'd say between 3-4oz when it'll be dry. I may get those 3oz off of the 2 Sour Ds together. I'm disappointed in the grow, and at the same time ecstatic to have a bunch of great smoke; even if it's pretty common around here.

For drying around here at @ 10-20%rh, I like to pile all the buds on top of each other and just turn the pile every day or so. Otherwise they dry tooooo fast. Screwed up a couple of harvests that way. I'm hoping they'll take over a week before jarring and burping.

Yesterday I got a new bluelab ppm pen, a scale, another drying basket for the Sour D and some dwc knicknacks. Very happy about the pen and the scale... badass. I'll take some pics when I've got something to show besides a green mass in a basket. Still haven't started new beans... must do.

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#64 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

Crap, I lost my update while trying to download the phoTos.

Short version; ordered Panama Red and Malawi from Ace and Cannabiogen's Jarilla, all from Herbie's(thanks KD for the link). Good freebies from Humboldts that'll go outside in May/ June; Truthband 707 and Bubba's Gift. Also some afghan regs. The plan is to run what's left of my Purple Wreck, quick like, while vegging a Panama for scrog and clones. It'll be finishing when the Humboldts go outside, prolly.

The hgk is jarred and being burped a couple times a day; got over 100g of small buds. The two SDs were cut the 8 nov, still a couple of days of drying to go. Looks to be close to the same total as the hgk, but for two plants, and nicer buddage. Here's one pic of the SD.

Attached File  image.jpg   174.83KB   0 downloads

Edited by Deepwaterdude, 14 November 2015 - 01:35 PM.

• plant boy, GeneralSmokeUppington, CrazyDave and 1 other like this

#65 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 06:49 AM

looks all frosty,,,,should be good

• CrazyDave and Deepwaterdude like this

#66 CrazyDave

CrazyDave

I'll never drive a jeep except in days that end in y

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
  • Locationby the herbs.

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:34 AM

Looks like the Sour D I enjoy very much :D   Sounds like you have a heck of a selction comin!

• plant boy, GeneralSmokeUppington, jm420 and 1 other like this

#67 Deepwaterdude

Deepwaterdude

Medicine Maker

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:39 PM

Hey,all, sorry so long between posts.just wanted to thank everyone who stopped in during this grow. I'm enjoying the fruits, still have couple ounces of each;)
I'm going to wrap this up and start a new grow journal for the new sativa beans.
  • plant boy, KnuckleDragger, GeneralSmokeUppington and 2 others like this

#68 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18409 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

and the journey continues

• GeneralSmokeUppington, CrazyDave and Deepwaterdude like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DWC, ph, hydro, scrog

0 user(s) are reading this topic