4 replies to this topic

#1 smoking Joe

smoking Joe

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:52 PM

What's the security risk by growing with a smart meter? From what I understand they can tell when an applance is turn on and off. Such as grow lights in a 12 hours cycle. Any comments?
  • Tokecrazy, Bueller, Aint easy bein Geezy and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 CrazyDave

CrazyDave

I'll never drive a jeep except in days that end in y

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1623 posts
  • Locationby the herbs.

Posted 22 May 2015 - 09:38 PM

This  type of meter would show your 12/12 or whatever cycle of constant electrical usage.  It could be graphed and help obtain a warrant in my understanding.  If  I was concerned i would rock my veg 24/7 and adjust the timers on other things like nature. Youd likely grow better meds and stay under the radar.

• Tokecrazy, smoking Joe, Bueller and 3 others like this

#3 smoking Joe

smoking Joe

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

This  type of meter would show your 12/12 or whatever cycle of constant electrical usage.  It could be graphed and help obtain a warrant in my understanding.  If  I was concerned i would rock my veg 24/7 and adjust the timers on other things like nature. Youd likely grow better meds and stay under the radar.

How would you run the flowering cycle? Starting at 12 hours and cut back ten minutes a day? 

I read ever article that I could find about smart meters and still uncertain how safe it is.  How many are growing with smart meter?

thanks 

Joe

• Aint easy bein Geezy, KnuckleDragger and GaGrown like this

#4 GaGrown

GaGrown

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:30 PM

How would you run the flowering cycle? Starting at 12 hours and cut back ten minutes a day? 

I read ever article that I could find about smart meters and still uncertain how safe it is.  How many are growing with smart meter?

thanks 

Joe

You could run 11/13 ..That's no red flag with a veg room go'n 24/7

• Bueller and Aint easy bein Geezy like this

#5 420circuit

420circuit

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:21 PM

Here in Colorado the power company works together with law enforcement to locate grows. In a recent news story it was mentioned. There are so many busts around here that I can't locate the specific report at the moment, but the cop's spokesperson has told reporters that they were able to find growers with the assistance of the power company, probably from simply having a bill that is 10 times higher than average. There really is no protection as far as an expectation of privacy with regard to your power bill, so be aware. I saw a meter reader recently and would bet that he knows where the biggest grows are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users