• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 latinlovers22

latinlovers22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

I use botanicare hydro organic nutes the 3part nute and high phosphorus jamacain bat gauno. I always ph test my water before
adding ph down and after adding nutes. I make gauno tea when I
add it. But it seems that an hour after adding the roots turn brown.
But those whose non-organic are always talking about white roots.
My babies dont look like they have had any ill effects but still I worry. So are brown roots normal or are my nutes to strong
Also I added some superthrive and clean ph'd water.

__________________________________________________ __
All submitted text and langauge are strictly works of fiction whose sole purpose
is to explore a world of fantasy. I do not condone nor will I ever engage in any
illegal activity

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 SHAMAN

SHAMAN

DEAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1665 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:04 PM

I used organic fish fert and it makes my roots brownish.. Thats normal it just the roots taking up the organic nutes. Now if they look brown and rotin lookin your in trouble.. Got any PIC's????

#3 latinlovers22

latinlovers22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 11:13 PM

Unfortunately no my friend. But soon I need one to give back what this site has given me> thanks for the response so quick.

#4 ice#1

ice#1

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:54 PM

yes they should be fine just keep an eye on them. also when you don't use the guano what colar are the roots are they white when you dont use the guano

#5 Guest_goldensun420_*

Guest_goldensun420_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hey I use fox farm and in my bubblers the roots are light brown and have been since the plants early stages but I see no ill effects . Of course I haven't smoked it yet so who knows.....

#6 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

You are fine as long as the roots are not slimey.When they are slimey brown {A darker slimey brown}you have root rot.But you dont have any of that.You said you give her some gauno tea,that's the light brown color.I use GH 3-part and my roots have a light browneash color and they are fine.The last 3 in dwc did the same thing.You are fine. PEACE

#7 Guest_goldensun420_*

Guest_goldensun420_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2008 - 10:14 AM

Thanks Toke to me confirmation is a early thanks for a job well done. As a new grower the more info the better .What does your guano tea consist of?

#8 Tokecrazy

Tokecrazy

Hydro Guru

• Super Administrators
  • 6448 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:50 PM

Guano is animal droping.From bats,sea gulls.The tea is warm water with guano is mixed in the water and let cool.Give it a shake and water.PEACE

#9 ice#1

ice#1

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:16 PM

plus the longer you let it set mixed ie the water and guano the better it works i useuly let mine sit for 2 days at that point when you shake it the guanos fall apart and is just watered into the soil. but i've noticed if i just let it sit for a few hours to a day it don't desovle or break up when shaked like it does when leting it soak for 48 hours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users