3 replies to this topic

#1 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

I have researched this ,there are many different opinions when this should happen,I'm more confused that ever.
I want to flip as soon as possible to maximise yield and keep the overall time period as short as I can to get started on the next grow.
My tent is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m,I will be using feminised great white seeds in soil ?

Anybody help? Cheers

• Blue61 likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:15 PM

Heya Turbo. If you need when the time comes and am comfortable uploading images I am sure others will be more able to help you with this question due to variables galore. A view from an experienced eye will be a great guideline to assist you in your decision on the best time for inducing flowering.

Most genetics are best not flipped until expressing the earliest signs of being sexually mature. Alternating branches are a good indicator and this usually takes place for most on average around 8 weeks in veg as this is the most common time frame used for the quick harvest type indoor grows utilizing seeds... 

Size will vary due to genetics, some plants are snails and others are hares. You should generally allow the plants to grow until they are at the beginning stages of becoming sexually mature in order to avoid stress and lowered yields. Many genetics will develop intersexing if flowered too soon. This is more commonly found in the Sativa equatorial genes but some short season Indica are prone to this too ..Its a nightmare and the last you want to happen by rushing them along.

In bred lines are often bred for speed, some breeders breed to go against this all by shaping early flowering types. They defy the odds and they make stock that will work in the growers favor in regards to early maturing and shorter flowering times . I wont say much about Auto flowering types as I do not grow them due to the genetic code- dont want it in any of my stock.....

Again genetics vary , some Sativas will stretch 3 x and some Indicas can come pretty close to this too but they are rarer.Then there are Indica/Kush types that will never stretch beyond a few inches. The hybrids can display a mixture of these traits and Polyhybrids even more so..

There is much more to this all, but only you can be the one to make the call even though others may assist.. I can only relate so much of the variables that also come into play beyond genetics. Another factor is environment and metabolism factors and other much more complicated measures relating to stretch and flower timing. Timing is everything but you will have to learn to be in tune with it all before you can really make time work on your side. Usually one will begin with time working against them until they master the art. Then time will to become asset like verses it being the growers burden..

• KnuckleDragger and Turbo like this

#3 xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx

THC- Transcendence Healing Cannabis

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2402 posts
  • LocationA place between Heaven and Hell when said in English

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

I forgot to note that some Sativa types and other worked exotics can sometimes be grown straight under 12/12 from beginning to finish. This requires very sexually stabilized stock and this is not always easy to find.. I recommend this with clones that are proven unless your the daring type who like high risk grows..................PeacePipe

• KnuckleDragger and Turbo like this

#4 Turbo

Turbo

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

Thanks PeacePipe,an informative and interesting answer,the pic idea is a good one,many thanks.

• KnuckleDragger likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: flipping, veg, flower

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users