• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

OK so here is the low down on me...I'm 30 years old, married and have a daughter who is 9 years old, and live in KY. The reason I am here is my father in law was recently diagnosed with colon cancer, and surgery was done to remove the tumor which was the size of a softball and 10" of his colon was removed. The biopsy from the tumor on his colon and one of the lymph nodes removed from an area near his colon came back as Stage 4 cancer. His Oncologist says his cancer is incurable and without chemo he has roughly 6 months to live and with chemo he has up to 2 years. I'm not ready to give up on him yet as he is my daughter's best buddy, so I'm here to research the possibilities of CBD oils. Where can I buy the oils? I know recently KY passed CBD oils for use with children who suffer from epilepsy but I think that's the extant of the use of it here. I'm not a cop nor am I affiliated with any other government agency just someone desperate for some guidance in the oils and if anyone on the forum has used them for a situation similar to my father in law's.

• KnuckleDragger, DEBhasgrn, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21026 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 02 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Welcome to our piece of the net. I hope you can find a little help here, any questions just ask.

• DEBhasgrn, KnowAndGrow and Bong like this

#3 DEBhasgrn

DEBhasgrn

Still Searching

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9058 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 02 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

Welcome To Green Passion!!!!!!! My blessings are with you and your family!!!!!!!

• KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and Bong like this

#4 DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:34 AM

Thanks for welcoming me. No one has any answers for me?

#5 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

high and welcome... hard to help ya here with out a med card. if you or him had one you can come to michigan and get meds but we cant send by mail to any state med state or not.. have to be in michigan . or the closest med state that acepts out of state cards and there are only a couple of states that do that...

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21026 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:23 PM

You might look here https://www.greenpas...hemp-oil-cures/

• KnowAndGrow likes this

#7 DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

To make my own oil, can I use leaves or does it have to be actual buds? I have access to as much stems and leaves as I want from people I know who grow.

What kind of card would I need to get it from Michigan? That's only like a 6-8 hour drive from where we live.

• KaK, KnuckleDragger and KnowAndGrow like this

#8 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21026 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:22 PM

You can make oil fro the leaves it just takes more because there is relatively less THC and CBD in the leaves than the buds.

• KaK and KnowAndGrow like this

#9 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

To make my own oil, can I use leaves or does it have to be actual buds? I have access to as much stems and leaves as I want from people I know who grow.

What kind of card would I need to get it from Michigan? That's only like a 6-8 hour drive from where we live.

Stems aren't going to do much for you in the way of making oil.  As for the leaves, it depends...lower fan leaves will have a lot less of the constituent ingredients that you will need to make the oil.  Your best bet would be to get buds or sugar leaf that is from close to the bud.  If you know quite a few people who grow, tell them what you need it for, and ask each for a little, including some smaller buds.  8 people donating a half ounce each should get you enough for a batch of oil.  

In the meantime, if you have space and budget for it, you should set up your own grow so that you can keep your supply stocked up.  True, you won't have a harvest for 3 - 4 months, but the sooner you start, the sooner it's ready. 

Getting a "medical card" from Michigan...hmm, don't know.  I live in Ohio, and my understanding is that in order to get a "medical card" in that state, you have to show residency in Michigan.

Hope things work out...keep us posted!

K&G

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#10 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 06 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

Right on KnowAndGrow.. u would have to use a mich addy or have a rentel for so long...  the bud leafs will work fine if you can get those with nice and sticky plants u can yeild farily good but to try to trat the cancer u will have to have a steady source im diff not the master in this area  but mho there are others who know much more on this then i.. .. .. the big fans i use just for butter in the mix... stems more for balms ...

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#11 DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

DrPhilMadeMeDoIt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

I have 2 really good friends who live in Detroit I will see if they know how to get it, they'll both be here in a week for a car show anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users