#51 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the south

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Just any update on everything. Wow since I have started adjusting the ph this thing has taken off! :) ...I can't believe it!!!

Bad news is that one of the clones is not going to make it but I figured that it might not due to how short it was...so no lost in my book. The other 2 are looking good to me so far. If only one makes it I will be happy as it will prove to me that I CAN DO THIS!!! 

I have started training it, by that I mean drilling hole in the top of the pot and tying it down so they will grow out and not just up...not sure I am doing it correctly though. I have read about SOG but not sure how to do it in my close.

Also I am thinking about forcing it to flower in about a week. I want it to be around 4 -41/2 feet...5 feet will be pushing what I have to work with when it is time to harvest due to space.

Attached Files

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger and KnowAndGrow like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:40 AM

Your looking good and you'll always have a few clones die, goes with the territory.

• plant boy, PoeticLife and KnowAndGrow like this

#53 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

you can just bend the branches over and not tie them , that's what i did with the gold columbian . she is bigger across than she is tall

• KnuckleDragger and KnowAndGrow like this

#54 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

I think this is from the MG soil that I am using. But I am not sure what to do to correct it...I am thinking that I need to flush it again!

I will be glad when this one is finished so I can see how they do in the FF OF soil which is what the clones are in.

Attached Files

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#55 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:39 PM

Hummmm... I could very well be wrong.. but on that one big leaf.. looks like a critter might have taken a few nibbles...The rest of it looks pretty good!

and for the clones.. I see water in the bottom of the container.... that's not good.. even clones don't like soggy feet and can cause the roots to rot.  If you saturated the soil and let it drain well before starting them.. by leaving the domes in place you shouldn't have to mist or water them for at least 7-10 days.  I don't touch mine for 10 days... then I remove the domes and they are usually still wet enough for bout a week before they need watered.   So far haven't lost a clone one doing it that way... sometimes I've had to put the dome back on for a couple days if I see wilt when removed.. but that's bout it.

Hope this helps

Hugs!

#56 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:52 PM

Hummmm... I could very well be wrong.. but on that one big leaf.. looks like a critter might have taken a few nibbles...The rest of it looks pretty good!

and for the clones.. I see water in the bottom of the container.... that's not good.. even clones don't like soggy feet and can cause the roots to rot.  If you saturated the soil and let it drain well before starting them.. by leaving the domes in place you shouldn't have to mist or water them for at least 7-10 days.  I don't touch mine for 10 days... then I remove the domes and they are usually still wet enough for bout a week before they need watered.   So far haven't lost a clone one doing it that way... sometimes I've had to put the dome back on for a couple days if I see wilt when removed.. but that's bout it.

Hope this helps

Hugs!

I have check for critter's for about 5 days now and nothing unless they are coming out of the soil and then digging back in when I am looking for them 3 or 4 times a day....i don't know....LOL.

As for the clones they were drying out so i removed the tops and watered them and that is the run off. I dumped it when I placed the cups back on top...mine don't keep moisture inside the cups like you say your's do :( I think you have something to heat yours under them...I don't have that yet. I am looking for a cheap candle warmer :)

Edited by knotspeeds88, 09 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#57 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:39 PM

If you want to try a cool "cloning tool", get a bag of...I think they're called...bark plugs???  I dunno, that's what I call 'em, anyway.  You can put the clones in them and keep them misted, then once roots start popping out the sides & bottom, they go in the dirt...plug & all!  I think of them as the soil grower's equivalent of stonewool cubes. :)

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#58 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

they are rock wool cubes K&G

• KnuckleDragger, PoeticLife and KnowAndGrow like this

#59 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

I have check for critter's for about 5 days now and nothing unless they are coming out of the soil and then digging back in when I am looking for them 3 or 4 times a day....i don't know....LOL.

As for the clones they were drying out so i removed the tops and watered them and that is the run off. I dumped it when I placed the cups back on top...mine don't keep moisture inside the cups like you say your's do :( I think you have something to heat yours under them...I don't have that yet. I am looking for a cheap candle warmer :)

Ah.. ok on the clones.... you just may not be getting a good seal around the top where the 2 come together.  I filled mine up far enough to when I put the domes on the soil kind of help seal it I think... and again.. all solo cups aren't created equal as I found out the hard way too LOL!

As far as the critter... had a big dang grasshopper in my veg area once... took over a week to find the bugger!   All I was seeing was the nibbles... then one morning found him laying on his side LOLOL!   They can hide really well.   Just keep yours eyes peeled for anything.   May not be a critter.. but sure looks like it from the damage done on just one area.

Hugs!

#60 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

Stone wool, rock wool...just don't use steel wool, it'll rust :)

#61 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

Ah.. ok on the clones.... you just may not be getting a good seal around the top where the 2 come together.  I filled mine up far enough to when I put the domes on the soil kind of help seal it I think... and again.. all solo cups aren't created equal as I found out the hard way too LOL!

As far as the critter... had a big dang grasshopper in my veg area once... took over a week to find the bugger!   All I was seeing was the nibbles... then one morning found him laying on his side LOLOL!   They can hide really well.   Just keep yours eyes peeled for anything.   May not be a critter.. but sure looks like it from the damage done on just one area.

Hugs!

kitty I will keep a look out for the critter then. I am building another room for flowering so I can have the one now for vegging my clones and popping some new seeds. As for the flower room have you every just use all TCP 100W Equivalent Bright White (3500K) Spiral CFL Light Bulb or know anyone that did instead of the half 6500k and half 2700k? The only reason I am asking is because when using HPS bulbs 3500k is what you use...correct??? I am not sure I want to buck your clf system kitty but would have to try and get little or know results with the 3500k clf.

Stone wool, rock wool...just don't use steel wool, it'll rust :)

I may try some rock wool cubes on the next go round side by side  with kittys easy peasy method and see how it goes pb

Edited by knotspeeds88, 10 June 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#62 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Check the underside of the leaves and use a magnifying glass. Lots of critters like to hide out there.

• plant boy likes this

#63 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

kitty I will keep a look out for the critter then. I am building another room for flowering so I can have the one now for vegging my clones and popping some new seeds. As for the flower room have you every just use all TCP 100W Equivalent Bright White (3500K) Spiral CFL Light Bulb or know anyone that did instead of the half 6500k and half 2700k? The only reason I am asking is because when using HPS bulbs 3500k is what you use...correct??? I am not sure I want to buck your clf system kitty but would have to try and get little or know results with the 3500k clf.

I may try some rock wool cubes on the next go round side by side  with kittys easy peasy method and see how it goes pb

I was using the straight 2700k to start and all was good... then I believe XBRPete told me to mix the spectrum and it really did make a difference.   You can go either way sweetie.. you'll still get good results.!

Hugs!

#64 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

most of all have fun

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#65 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hope this helps

Hugs!

well I found the little critter  bigsmileythumbsup  I went to remove the strings that I have been using to train and the little bugger was on the underside lip of the the pot....now it is dead violin.gif

#66 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

LOLOL.. good for you!   Sneaky little buggers they can be!   Hopefully that will be the end of them now! 

Now on with the fun!   Come on girly girl... lets see some buds!!!!

Hope all goes smooth from here on for you!

Hugs!

#67 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Where there is one, there may well be more....find them....kill them all...mwahahahaha.... :)

#68 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

LOLOL.. good for you!   Sneaky little buggers they can be!   Hopefully that will be the end of them now! 

Now on with the fun!   Come on girly girl... lets see some buds!!!!

Hope all goes smooth from here on for you!

Hugs!

starting the flowering stage tomorrow when the lights come on :)

Where there is one, there may well be more....find them....kill them all...mwahahahaha.... :)

unless there is any in the soil it is clear...for now anyways...lol.

#69 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Check your plants everytime you water...

• plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#70 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

more pics please, us junkies need a fix

• KnowAndGrow likes this

#71 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

okay junkies here is some pictures for ya. well my clones are not doing well at all...out of the 4, only 1 looks like it may live and 2 have already died and 1 looks like it will not make it either violin.gif ...but it is only my first go at it so no big surprise. What is the temp that I need to keep the clones at and how far away should the light be? I put the clf's about 3-4 inch away.

After looking at other journals I will do some scogging next time unless someone tells me I should wait on starting the flowering stage now and do somemore training or scog...not real sure what I am doing... shrugsmiley.gif I just know I want to get away from this MG soil that this plant is in.

I will have my cabinet finished for a permanent vegging/cloning room tomorrow or Monday it will be 6' tall, 3' wide, and 20" deep.

I will use the closet I am using now as my permanent flowering room with the lights re-done...I will use 18 - 23watt cfl, half 2700 k and half 6500 k, all 1600 lumens in the flowering room for now which will give me 414 watts.

It will be about 30 days before I can purchase my THUNDER 600-Watt Light Digital Dimmable HPS MH Grow Light System with Thunder 6-Inch EcoWing Fixed Wing Reflector. bigsmileythumbsup

Everyone have a good one,

Attached Files

Edited by knotspeeds88, 14 June 2014 - 07:17 PM.

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#72 sawyer05

sawyer05

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

Good job so far :) I'm liking how you have the cfl's set up. 

#73 knotspeeds88

knotspeeds88

Enthusiast

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Good job so far :) I'm liking how you have the cfl's set up. 

I can keep them close but it is a pain in the butt. I am getting ready to change it up so I can do some scrogging on the next grow. Learning alot on this first grow :)

#74 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

looks good, good luck on the clones

• PoeticLife and KnowAndGrow like this

#75 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

You're doing great Knot... and each grow will get better as you experiment with things.  As far as cloning... Kitty's method works wonders and is cheap!  one day i'll try and get a mom going again so i can snip and practice more :)

have fun!  future nugs in progress :)

actionleaf.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: First, Grow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users