• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 l3SV

l3SV

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

I find that im using explorer to surf, the site.  im using fire fox to enter chat.  im having to use chrome to post links from my photobucket account.  since ive become active ive tried to encourage other friends of mine to join.  the typical response is....."its a pain in the butt, my comp keeps stalling out and it wants me to approve non secure items to pass the f/wall." or "I click to join the chat and it just sits there at loading the chat room."

ideas?

• Tokecrazy, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21603 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:24 PM

I'd advise using Firefox in general. I've found that part of the problem is ads are not loading right but I haven't figured out why yet. Photobucket is a pain because it tends to not load things all the time. Putting up pictures on site I'd recommend using the "more reply options" at the lower right corner of the reply box and upload them from your computer as attachments, this seems to be the most dependable method.

In Firefox I advise using the add-ons Adblock Edge, Beef Taco and Better Privacy to improve security.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 2 others like this

#3 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18485 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

so why can't i see my videos on chrome?I  can see all the pictures and know the videos are there because member comment on them, but i can't see them

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and Blue61 like this

#4 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 06:52 PM

I find that im using explorer to surf, the site.  im using fire fox to enter chat.  im having to use chrome to post links from my photobucket account.  since ive become active ive tried to encourage other friends of mine to join.  the typical response is....."its a pain in the butt, my comp keeps stalling out and it wants me to approve non secure items to pass the f/wall." or "I click to join the chat and it just sits there at loading the chat room."

ideas?

I would load pics the way KD said.Photo Bucket has a habit off taken down pics and it leaves big empty spaces on the threads.

Peace,

Blue

so why can't i see my videos on chrome?I  can see all the pictures and know the videos are there because member comment on them, but i can't see them

PB are you clicking on the shield icon at the top right corner and telling it to allow unsecured data?

I have had this problem also recently.

Peace Bro,

Blue

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18485 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

I click on the shield and allow the script but it doesn't seem to change anything

• KnuckleDragger and Blue61 like this

#6 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Mine did that for a couple of weeks.I'd click on the shield and it would come right back.Now though it is working again.

Sorry bro not sure what else to say.Tomorrow I will play around with it a little bit and see if there is a setting or something for ya. :)

Peace,

Blue

PB where is your journal.I don't see it under current grows?

Edited by Blue61, 28 April 2014 - 09:18 PM.

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#7 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21603 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

Believe me folks, trying to figure out the forum setup is a true joy for any masochist...  deadhorse.gif

#8 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

i have a bypass for the chrome problem.

instead of launching chrome the regular way.... drag the icon onto your desktop and make a new shortcut for it.

right click the new shortcut and pick "properties"

in properties .....under the "shortcut" tab...... look for the box marked "target"

the box should have the path like:

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe

to bypass the security shield, you need to add a flag line to that target command

after the ".exe" add a space and the flag line     "--allow-running-insecure-content" 

so it looks something like this :

C:\Users\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe --allow-running-insecure-content

hit OK

and then try chrome with the new shortcut..... problems should be gone

when you run chrome with the flag like this, it allows videos and chat to work fine

i still have the original icon to start chrome the traditional way.  and i have the new icon that starts it with the security flag.

Edited by Turf, 30 April 2014 - 12:27 AM.

• KnuckleDragger, Blue61 and DEBhasgrn like this

#9 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:17 AM

Since I put in my windows updates I just need to click on the shield once when I log in and I'm good to go.

Thanks for that info Turf.

Peace,

Blue

• Tokecrazy, KnuckleDragger and DEBhasgrn like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users