#1 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

1. GROW MEDIUM - SOIL-LESS
Organic Pro Mix, Pearlite, Worm Castings, Azomit, Diatomaceous Earth, Dolomite lime
2. TYPE OF WATER ~Well 6.7 PH
3. TEMPS & HUMIDITY range from 69-83
4. LIGHTING SYSTEM-T5
5. VENTILATION SYSTEM  Fresh Air
6. NUTRIENTS USED
Organic grow with compost tea for flowering: peruvian seabird guano, High P guano, molasses, neptunes harvest liquid kelp, earthworm castings
7. INDOOR or OUTDOOR  Indoor
8. PICS~attached
9. STRAIN Aurora Indica
10. AGE OF PLANT 8 weeks into flowering
11. FEMINIZED SEED

This is my first organic grow and only my second attempt at growing in general...This plant seems to be going downhill fast as I just saw this start a couple of days ago.  I noticed some drooping on the lower leaves and a little yellowing (I think I had over watered it so I cut back) then these spots appeared on the top leaves and is progressing rapidly.  I checked PH and it is fine.  I suspect calcium issues from looking at pics but I have well water which is high in calcium so could it be too much?  Any help would be soooo appreciated!!

Thanks

Attached Files

• Blue61 likes this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 11:45 AM

lack of Calcium for sure.

well water can be tricky.  you should have the water tested at a local lab.

i suspect your well water might be real high in sodium as well.  excessive bad (sodium) ions can displace the good (calcium) ones in the soil plant water exchange.  there also needs to be the correct ratio for magnesium in there, i believe it plays in that reaction as well.

when using poor irrigation water, irrigation techniques is real important.  water thoroughly and let it dry.  the fewer times you give it bad water the less harm you do.  

you might try acidify your water some, that can help neutralize both good and bad.

if a water test confirms high sodium..... you probably need to use an ro machine or start purchasing water.

cannabis like its calcium..... that's why you see all the cal / mag supplements.  its hungry for it and shows it fast.

good luck

• Blue61 likes this

#3 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reply!  I have had water tests done and sodium is not very high.  I do have a water conditioner that puts trace amounts of citric acid in the water to adjust the PH slightly, maybe this could contribute to the issue?

I have been using dolomite lime for calcium...what about using some egg shells and epsom salts for the cal and mag?  If so how much would you add?

Thanks for the help!

• Blue61 likes this

#4 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:34 PM

very interesting

dolomite lime would drive your ph way up, citric acid ... back down.....

there is lots you havent said.

what is your soil ph?

what is your water ph?

• Blue61 likes this

#5 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

My soil ph is about 5.7, my water ph is 6.7.  I use strips to test which aren't totally dependable but the ph is registering 1 point lower than my water.  So what do you think is the best way to give the calcium and maybe magnesium as well?

• Blue61 likes this

#6 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1996 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:06 AM

i'd go get some cheap calcium nitrate fertilizer and use that.   i think its a 33-0-0.  mixed to what feed strength is appropriate for you growth stage.

• Blue61 likes this

#7 Blue61

Blue61

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4556 posts
  • LocationHighville USA

Posted 09 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

What you have hooked up to your water supply is not a water softening thing is it? They are a no no with our plant.

It might not hurt to flush them with water ph'ed at 6,5.A ratio of 3 to 1 water to pot size is best but you can try it with a 2 to 1 ratio.

Egg shells would take to long to break down at this point.I would buy some cal/mag.

Best of luck.

Peace,

Blue

• KnuckleDragger likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users