#51 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:47 PM

sure do.  Took tons on instagram and will be transfering them here now.

Picture 1: This is the light that has three cheesequake plants doing work.  Long overdue for staking.  haha.  This is late week 4.

Picture 2: This is a sea of Jillybean in early week 3.

Picture 3: This is the group of 4 Blueberry showing a bit of early fade.  I attribute this to my watering frequency and I need to stay on top of it a bit better.

Picture 4: This is a pic of a bottom bud on the Cheesequake.  I am quite impressed and will likely pick this line to use for production, but if significantly weaker than another pheno then there will be a tough choice in the future.

Picture 5: This is a kola pic of the Jillybean.

Picture 6: This is a kola pic from the blueberry.  These are really starting to put out the stink.

Garden issues as of late: I finished doing the pretrimming on the last round, which was strongly stressed in vegetative growth.  On the very last bud to be cut I saw live aphids and freaked.  Cleaned everything fastidiously and saw nothing when inspecting other plants and nothing was falling or flying off the plants when shaking them.  I am happy it is only one bud affected I hope.  I will remain vigilant.  The last plant to be harvested also had another surprise.  I had a very immature seed forming on one of the buds.  It was so immature I doubt a non-grower would think it was a seed, but I noticed it.  While inspecting for any aphid spread, I was also looking for seed formation and haven't seen any yet on the other plants.  I removed the offending branch from the quantum kush male and actually drastically cut that plant back so there were less branches to monitor.  Today doing another watering for upstairs, downstairs and the office, Tomorrow is for cuttings.  I want to get a batch of quantum kush cuttings and to take a new cutting for the quantum kush male.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy and pitviper like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#52 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

Oh I forgot the rest of my plan to ensure no more aphids.  I fixed a large hole around the venting used for the lighting.  The aphids came from this or from my clothing.  I think the clothing is less likely to be a cause as the affected plant was in the way back past a couple plants i occasionally have to rub to get back that far in the canopy.  The affected bud will NEVER go to patients.  I froze the bud to kill the live bugs on it and plan on using it for a personal stash water hash nug run.

I will not introduce any new plants to the garden until all these ones are out of the bloom room.  I want to harvest as early as possible for all the plants starting with the ones in the proximity of the affected plant roughly at week 8 of bloom.  I reintroduced my IPM of using multiple Hot Shots No Pest Strips in each of the gardens.  I only stopped due to a supply issue from the store I normally buy at, but I sourced some other local ones.  After the room is empty, I want to fumigate with an organic bug bomb and then wash the floor with isopropyl alcohol.

Any other suggestions?

• Bueller and plant boy like this

#53 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

they are looking sweet and frosty.

• Ohmless likes this

#54 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

huge update coming either tonight after midnight or tomorrow.  Whenever I am feeling a bit better.  Had a flood in the basement and had to evacuate the plants.  Also have the food garden planted outside.  Everything is cool now but can't wait for this crop to get over with!  haha 

pics to come

• Bueller, plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#55 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

good luck with the upcoming harvest

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger and Ohmless like this

#56 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:05 PM

So had some flash flooding during some storms that came through the last week or so.  I was napping during an afternoon rain shower and woke in a panic.  Something was wrong with the garden and sure enough the basement was flooded with my bloom room in it.  It was 3-4" deep before we got it managed.  I thought the sump pump was having issues and it was(needed a new trench run out to the ditch for it to be able to pump.) Upon discovery I called for my brother to help in case I got zapped(though I am careful about keeping cords off the ground, some were on a bottom shelf and got wet.)  I got everything electric in the basement shut off and unplugged for safety then went to evacuating the plants out of the bloom room.  One plant had a fan tip onto it and force it into the floodwater and therefore lost(a blueberry).

The next day everything was mostly drained from the basement but there was tons of muck on the concrete floor.  Huge mess.  This day I shopvacced the floor and discovered a few sources of water leaking strongly through the growroom wall.  I applied some instant cement and mostly got it to stop leaking.  I also bought the mop.

Day 3 of ordeal: Spent most of the day continuing to chase leaks and patching them with more concrete.  I also finally got it to stop thanks partly to a change in the weather for the better.  The floor was mopped roughly with bleach solution to get some of the grime off the floor and to disinfect.  Also installed a dehumidifier and got the plants back in the room.

That was the extent of the light stress of going to a slightly longer light cycle while out of the bloom room.  Along with that stress came high humidity that I continue to chase out of the basement(much worse at night and space heater lost in the flood).  I want to get this crop over with and these plants out of my bloom room before spores or pollen flies!  They have two weeks of flushing before I can remove them and still be able to use them as medicine(assuming they are still healthy.)

Attached Files

#57 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

you will be able to reuse that water coming out of the dehumidifyer, just needs nutes and cal / mag added

• Ohmless likes this

#58 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:03 AM

smoke report for 1g of Critical Kush by Barney seeds grown by a fellow Michigan caregiver.

Initial state of tester: Test done by patient with chronic back problems, neck problems, muscular dystrophy and depression 12 hours after waking up.  I have been holding back for days tolerance wise by vaping only sugar trim from a mix of hybrids.

microscope exam: lots of 50% amber heads on sub par trim job that is a bit better than popcorn buds.  All leaves present still(multiple per budlet) had their tips still.  Many do this as a matter of preference hoping to preserve crystals better.  These buds had intact crystals but so do mine that I grow with tighter trimming.

Initial taste of half the sample in the silver surfer vape was intense and of cleaner(from the OG/Chemdawg pheno) that soon blended into a lemon-pine flavor.  The high is mainly indica with minimal rush and great muscle relaxation.  Low anxiety strain without creeper effect.  Really brought up lots of mucus and coughed plenty.  Definitely medicated away body discomforts but without emotional lift and motivation of a sativa.  Cough beginning to hurt the back of my neck below my skull from coughing.  Long lasting vapor and flavor.  Not sedated like I often get from potent indicas or any afghani, but that is a good thing for using at any time of the day or night without knockout.

1/2g joint: Dry pull tastes of cleaner with a touch of sweetness.  strong cough with this one precipitating neck pain and some sweats.  Ash is not fully black but definitely not all white.  The joint also kept going out.  Half way through joint now and the flavor is now lost   I am sort of in the mood for some Pink Floyd but want to go outside for the real light show.  A brand new meteor shower!  But I will finish the joint for science!  My nose has never run so much in my entire life.  I am coughing to the point of near vomiting.  It is a punishment to continue to smoke such harsh bud.  Cashed with about one inch left of herb inside of it.

this line has potential and was probably grown rather well, with the exception of the flush and to a lesser extent the cure.  I wish the grower the best.  They make what vapes as great medicine but burnt in a substandard fashion.

#59 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

sounds bad , try something else

• KnuckleDragger and Ohmless like this

#60 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Things are looking rough from my pH pen going bad.  will buy a new one tomorrow and document the recovery.  The flush is done on the blueberry in the bloom room so will begin harvest tomorrow on them, then the jillybean and finally the cheesequake.  In that order anyways barring any mold problems.  I really want to get a pheno selected from the cheesequake so this round won't be a total scrub.  Sort of stinks having extra work of 8 mothers for 3 varieties.

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger and KnowAndGrow like this

#61 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21516 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:04 PM

Sounds like fun and you should keep good old fashioned test drops around for when the meter gets iffy...

• plant boy, KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#62 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:06 AM

good luck with it

• KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#63 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:34 PM

Picture 1: deficiency and pH issues showing in pale zebra leaves and purpling stems.  Plants are Quantum Kush.

Picture 2: Same but different plants.  The shortest plants are two jillybeans that were behind everything else as they were reveged.  I may still cull them as the leaves look funny still.  The largest plants on the right are cheesequakes.

Picture 3 and 4: detail pics.  BTW all pictures were taken through method sevens.

Picture 5: Mother room cut back about 5 days ago.  FIlled with Quantum Kush and the Jillybean mother in the back.  when room is available for the quantum kush plants in picture 2 to be able to be bloomed, these quantum kush plants will go in their place under the 1k by themselves.  I am thinking of cutting back one more time, putting in a bigger pot vegging under a screen to bush em out a stupid amount for a week or so before putting those into bloom.

Picture 6: Males need pinching daily to keep the pollen from flying.  These are the cheesequake male on the right and the quantum kush male on the left.

Attached Files

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#64 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Big shopping trip today.  First store had a cool product that was a powdered humates with bacillus culture.  Cool stuff.  Also got a bag of Jamaican bat guano but they didn't have a pH pen.  Next shop had the cheap milwaukee pH pen that I used for years along with some alfalfa meal and kelp meal.  Also couldn't resist supporting my favorite growers to watch on the internet, Mendo Dope, and buy one of their CDs.  The only remaining products to buy for the supersoil mix are three 55 gallon totes, two bags of earthworm castings, oyster shell flour and azomite.  It is a long term project and might have my first batch brewing within a couple more months.

My last purchase was after I returned home.  I bought my Flint Michigan Cannabis Cup ticket that is for day one July 26th!  I plan to be early and to practice holding in my vapors with better composure.

Now that I am settled in, I have the pH pen soaking in water and some pretrimmed Blueberry branches for my brother to trim.  This is the retirement of this line of blueberry as it didn't come from me popping the seed.  I have had much stronger sativa blueberry phenotypes before and will have it again for certain.

#65 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

couple blueberry shots from harvest.  This is private reserve that I will be taking to the Michigan cannabis cup in the end of July.  So One week to ten days drying and a good 5-6 week cure.

more pics as it gets harvested.

Attached Files

#66 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

patience is wearing thin with keeping the males without having a negative air pressure and nearby carbon filter.  With the 3 proto seeds i saw on the blueberry so far, I want to rush the harvest so they don't develop further and can still be sensi.  I will judge that when the whole crop comes in.  I am talking like 4 seeds found in a full nursery tray of trimmed bud so not many and all physically removed.  I'll have to wait on having males until I can have an isolation tent for them.  It is a shame.  I loved having males for the short time I kept a couple.

#67 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Beautiful buds, Ohm!!  I wanted to go to MCC, but there's no way I'll be able to make it up there that weekend - parenting duties abound :)  Perhaps next summer...

• plant boy and Ohmless like this

#68 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

enjoy those frosty buds

• Ohmless likes this

#69 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

still busy trimming but will do a post sometime this week with pics.

• plant boy and KnuckleDragger like this

#70 KGBLuVR

KGBLuVR

A supporter of legalization

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

smoke report for 1g of Critical Kush by Barney seeds grown by a fellow Michigan caregiver.

Initial state of tester: Test done by patient with chronic back problems, neck problems, muscular dystrophy and depression 12 hours after waking up.  I have been holding back for days tolerance wise by vaping only sugar trim from a mix of hybrids.

microscope exam: lots of 50% amber heads on sub par trim job that is a bit better than popcorn buds.  All leaves present still(multiple per budlet) had their tips still.  Many do this as a matter of preference hoping to preserve crystals better.  These buds had intact crystals but so do mine that I grow with tighter trimming.

Initial taste of half the sample in the silver surfer vape was intense and of cleaner(from the OG/Chemdawg pheno) that soon blended into a lemon-pine flavor.  The high is mainly indica with minimal rush and great muscle relaxation.  Low anxiety strain without creeper effect.  Really brought up lots of mucus and coughed plenty.  Definitely medicated away body discomforts but without emotional lift and motivation of a sativa.  Cough beginning to hurt the back of my neck below my skull from coughing.  Long lasting vapor and flavor.  Not sedated like I often get from potent indicas or any afghani, but that is a good thing for using at any time of the day or night without knockout.

1/2g joint: Dry pull tastes of cleaner with a touch of sweetness.  strong cough with this one precipitating neck pain and some sweats.  Ash is not fully black but definitely not all white.  The joint also kept going out.  Half way through joint now and the flavor is now lost   I am sort of in the mood for some Pink Floyd but want to go outside for the real light show.  A brand new meteor shower!  But I will finish the joint for science!  My nose has never run so much in my entire life.  I am coughing to the point of near vomiting.  It is a punishment to continue to smoke such harsh bud.  Cashed with about one inch left of herb inside of it.

this line has potential and was probably grown rather well, with the exception of the flush and to a lesser extent the cure.  I wish the grower the best.  They make what vapes as great medicine but burnt in a substandard fashion.

That sucks to her since I have 6 currently growing. Do you happen to know the specifics of how it was grown? I am going with FF full line on this run and then Subcools super soil mix on my next run. I've had good results with FF in the past. 

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger and Ohmless like this

#71 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:45 AM

I wish I knew the specifics.  I know it could be done right.  I tried not to pan on it.  It was extremely tasty in the vape, I just had to acquire a taste for chem(didn't take long).  I definitely wouldn't smoke it again.

I have had good results with FFOF and FF Big Bloom.  Just water only for the last 10-14 days before starting to harvest.  I am looking forward to trying out the supersoil myself for the first time soon.  Next month I am buying the last three ingredients to make a charge pack up.  I also have to buy some tubs to cook it in soon after the cannabis cup is over.  Until then I want to focus on clearing out my mothers by selecting phenos.  I just am torn between the two largest cheesequakes and the 4 quantum kush have been in bloom for about a week now.  I would take pics but it is lights out ATM.  So another update due any time!

one thing to look out for though and it is tough to tell by the bottle sometimes, but at least some of the fox farm line is partially synthetic.  Grow Big is one of them if memory serves me correctly.  It still works well as a product though.  The only problems I had were with sludge at the bottom of the bottles.  DO NOT FEED THIS DIRECTLY TO THE PLANTS.  burnt the shit out of my girls once with Big Bloom I think.  Been years, sorry for the memory being foggy.

• plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#72 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

happy growing

• KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#73 KGBLuVR

KGBLuVR

A supporter of legalization

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

I wish I knew the specifics.  I know it could be done right.  I tried not to pan on it.  It was extremely tasty in the vape, I just had to acquire a taste for chem(didn't take long).  I definitely wouldn't smoke it again.

I have had good results with FFOF and FF Big Bloom.  Just water only for the last 10-14 days before starting to harvest.  I am looking forward to trying out the supersoil myself for the first time soon.  Next month I am buying the last three ingredients to make a charge pack up.  I also have to buy some tubs to cook it in soon after the cannabis cup is over.  Until then I want to focus on clearing out my mothers by selecting phenos.  I just am torn between the two largest cheesequakes and the 4 quantum kush have been in bloom for about a week now.  I would take pics but it is lights out ATM.  So another update due any time!

one thing to look out for though and it is tough to tell by the bottle sometimes, but at least some of the fox farm line is partially synthetic.  Grow Big is one of them if memory serves me correctly.  It still works well as a product though.  The only problems I had were with sludge at the bottom of the bottles.  DO NOT FEED THIS DIRECTLY TO THE PLANTS.  burnt the shit out of my girls once with Big Bloom I think.  Been years, sorry for the memory being foggy.

Thanks for the info. I will certainly be flushing, I too dislike the taste and overall harshness of the smoke if you don't flush. I'll give you a smoke report in about 4.5 months to compare sort of.

• plant boy, KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#74 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

It is called a redemption journal for a reason.  Had a depression relapse and haven't been able to keep up with the journal lately and I am sorry about that.  I am still keeping up with the garden and taking my meds but not taking care of myself as well.

Currently have two lights on in the bloom room, one over the quantum kush and one over the plants yet to be harvested.  The quantum kush will be split between two lights today after they are transplanted into the bigger tubs.  They are beginning to need water daily and are showing bottom leaves yellowing(sure signs of being root bound).  As they are in fabric pots the roots will grow through the fabric, so i am not going to stress the roots any by taking the old fabric pot off and just bury the fabric pots.  I have minimal height i can add when transplanting but they will have at least an inch on the bottom.  I already did the same thing to the cheesequake that are ready to be put into bloom.  They are currently in 18 gallon tubs that are over half full so ~11 gallons of promix.  I am giving them a week to get new root growth before I put them into bloom also.  They will take up two lights also between the three of them. 

The cheesequake are also given a trial of an organic fertilizer blend called Roots Organic Uprising Grow.  The soil pH was low at first since they were fed hydroponically in the soil-less mix prior to the trial.  I stuck with it and did the repotting and refed with this at the same rate(1tsp per 5 gals) and also used a new product called Recharge.  The recharge is a new product that I am actually excited about.  Chock full of several varieties of beneficials in a powder form that mixed easily with RO water in gallon jugs.  The plants were a bit quirky looking at the beginning but they are definitely turning around now.

About a week ago I took cuttings from every pheno line being kept(3 of each with 21 total) and due to watering demands of them being root bound also I killed off all the mothers.  I have a high success rate with cuttings and am not worried.  I did lose one to grey mold due to not opening the dome every day.  I went every other day for the first 6 days and it was just too stagnant of air inside. no problem as i still have two cuttings of that variety and corrected the problem.

edit: I found a recent pic of the cheesequake that is more than ready for bloom.  For this picture I had to climb on top of my desk and hold the phone by the ceiling to get all three in the field of view.  I wasn't able to get the quantum kush repotting done but will do it tomorrow.

Attached Files

Edited by Ohmless, 27 June 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#75 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18421 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

they are looking good 

• Ohmless likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wicking, earthbox, cheesequake, blueberry, jillybean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users