#26 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 February 2014 - 05:49 AM

If reports are as good as they say about the Quantum Kush, it is projected to be my P1 female to be crossed with a Cheesequake male(picked based on tackiness.)  I decided my first project will be for an indoor sativa.

Desired Traits:  Resin production, sativa high overall, non-hermie, potency (all even in priority)

plan is to sex them within the next six weeks.  This time will be used to compare and select a male of desired traits at this time.  I may have a cheesequake that is a killer female and the lines may be switched after evaluation.  After full bloom period for the females, an F1 mother will be selected.

roughly one month after harvest I will put foot tall plants into bloom for perform the initial cross.  I hope to produce at least 40 seeds as I need to select a winner female and a winner male(probably over two harvests if needed as this is a lot of plants!).  I plan on leaving them in bloom for full length.

Of the F1 generation I need a male and a female.to create an F2 generation of seeds.

The F2 generation will then be bloomed out to find a choice male using identical criteria to above. 

The F3 will be the F2 male with desired traits backcrossed with the P1 Female.  I will likely test 4 males at a time on different stems to reduce plant count.

F4 will be a second backcrossing with the P1 female.  The resulting seeds should not be too inbred yet still produce a desirable mother plant out of a ten pack.  I plan on offering free quality medical seed lines to the patients.  I anticipate it taking a good 4 years to complete this project.

On the shelf will be a cheesequake female cross with an lifesaver male for what should produce a tasty hash offering for the indica lover.

• Bueller, plant boy, KaK and 2 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#27 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:54 PM

f;

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#28 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:51 AM

some progrect you got foing on,,,,,they are looking healthy

• Bueller, PoeticLife, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#29 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:34 PM

wishing you the best of luck with your project... and find that special one you're looking for!

hugs & smiles :)

• Bueller, plant boy, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#30 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

My keyboard has been going out and quit on me while doing previous post.  These are referencing previous post pictures.

picture 1: about 2 weeks in and doing fine.

Picture 2 and 3: I separated the two earthboxes since i have spare room in the bloom room.

picture 4:  Happy Quantum Kush due to get transplanted in the next week.

picture 5: Cuttings that rooted and have been  in cups for a week or so now.  They will be transplanted tomorrow into 3 gallon smart pots.

picture 6: Today I moved these under a kw bulb for further blooming(not pictured).  The cheesequake are very robust atm.

thanks for the hugs poet.  no smiling today.  My kitty died earlier.

• Bueller, plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#31 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26122 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:52 PM

Aw man,,,,Ohmless, sorry for the loss of your friend,,,

Nice looking plants,,,, ( I likes em short too,, , lol )

• plant boy, KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#32 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:49 PM

early sexing of the cheesequake:

plant 1: female preflowers.  largest plant.

plant 2: female?

plant 3: male, tall with clustered flowers.

plant 4: ?

plant 5: shortest plant(partly due to not being directly under the 150w hps earlier.) clustered male flowers.  3 nodes at each intersection.  I think this plant will stack flowers nicely.  I hope its offspring do also!

• Bueller, plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#33 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:45 AM

sorry for your lose

• Bueller, KnowAndGrow and Ohmless like this

#34 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:04 PM

full update on the gardens.  Everything doing well and due for additional fertilizing later tonight or first thing when I wake tomorrow.

picture 1:  These are the Quantum Kush plants.  They are ready for transplant but waiting on the smart pot delivery to the local hydro shop.They are all happy and will likely get their first nutes today.

Picture 2: These are the two positively identified males of the 5 cheesequake.  One is tall, robust, longer internode spacing, more skunky.  Too stretchy IMO.  The shorter one is more indica traited, has a curious smell to him, something like dank berry, and has three nodes at each intersection in a trait called whorled phyllotaxy.  Stickyness and flowwer clustering were a push.

Picture 3: One identified female and two TBD.  With how strongly the males are flowering I feel these are all female.  I will be taking cuttings tonight so these bushes can be put into bloom in a couple weeks.

Picture 4: Six Jillybean plants.  Overall doing fine but I want to see a growth spurt to put my mind at ease.  One will become a mother plant and the others along with the 4 blueberry plants will occupy a whole KW light.  It will be very tight in the growroom round that time.

Picture 5: Blueberry.have gotten past transplant shock and grew a couple inches overnight.  They along with the jillybean and cheesequake plants are all in 3 gallon smart pots and under a single KW of HPS light.  I can fit two of the 3 gallon smart pots in a nursery tray.  The plan is to have them in bloom pretty quick.

picture 6: the smaller of the two earthboxes was moved under a light to have on its own since it was competing with the other earthbox for light and losing.  Both plants in this planter are jillybean.

Picture 7: 4 jillybean plants in 5 gallon pots.  The color is strong on them and they are starting to fill in.

Picture 8: The stronger of the two earthboxes.  The blueberry in the back is getting huge!  the plant closer up is jillybean.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#35 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:54 AM

everyone looks happy

#36 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:18 PM

long overdue update.

Picture 1: as close up as I can get to the selected cheesequake male in veg, but showing lots of preflowers.

Picture 2: best picture I could take of the veg 1k lit plants.  There is one cheesequake male, 4 blueberry and 6 jillybean.  All but the male will be put into bloom when the earthboxes get harvested.

Picture 3: This earthbox has two jillybeans in it and are doing well.  They have been in flush a couple days and even before getting all the water were looking purple.

Picture 4:  close up of female flowers on the cheesequake that is in one week of bloom

Picture 5:  Picture of 4 jillybean in 5 gallon pots at roughly week 5.

Picture 6:  Difficult picture to take. This is the other earthbox with the jillybean up front and blueberry in the back.

Picture 7: This is a group photo under two 150w hps in veg.  5 Quantum kush and the Jillybean mother.

Picture 8: These are cuttings just starting to show roots.  One clone of the Cheesequake male and 3 of the cheesequake females .  They are all rooted but I want to give em another day or two before transplant.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#37 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:08 AM

the fuzz in the clone dome pic is cat hair from the carpet.

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 1 other like this

#38 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

the fuzz in the clone dome pic is cat hair from the carpet.

that and dog hair get everywhere, par for the course when you live with them.

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#39 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21501 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 30 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

Looking good so far...

#40 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 April 2014 - 03:31 AM

Definitive sexing on all the Quantum Kush is 4 females to 1 male.  Now that males are selected for both Quantum Kush and Cheesequake, It is a matter of pheno selection for all the females.  I am actually thinking of also crossing both males with my jillybean in order to fairly compare both males side by side with the least variables.  The father that produces the strongest offspring according to my criteria will be selected for the future breeding projects.  I need to take cuttings of the Quantum Kush ASAP so they can be bloomed and female pheno selected. 

So far the Quantum Kush appears to be a cola style plant.  I will likely need multiple mothers of it or just sprinkle a plant or two in each time I grow it.  After cuttings are taken I was going to supercrop the females to try to coax some branching.  I hope they aren't too woody yet.  Won't know til I start pinching.

Harvest of the first earthbox will be done tomorrow.  Need a few supplies like trays for me to work with.  I want to rush this harvest so the patients can have my meds for 420.  I also want to put more plants in bloom but can't for lack of space ATM.  I am excited to be retiring the blueberry line.  It is a pain to trim!  Due to the rush, I will be helping my brother with trimming this harvest.  I fear the Jillybean might have lost some vigor during the period of neglect and lack of nutes.  This harvest, the next one in a few weeks, and the following one will tell me if things are going in the wrong direction with yield as each harvest will have had different things to overcome.  The current crop was neglected all through veg but were well cared for in bloom, the next harvest is much of the same but had a couple fertilizer treatments prior to transplanting and immediately being put into bloom.  The one afterwards is of Jillybean cuttings from the current harvest plants.  These were well taken care of their entire existence.

A change is gonna come in the garden in the future and things are really looking up.  As a whole I want to do a side by side of GH 3 part compared to a crop of Iguana Juice Bloom.  Both sides given all my extras, the floralicious plus, molasses(haven't chosen brand yet), potassium silicate, and superthrive.  I want a superior product so the best buds win.  Plants I have seen on youtube of people using iguana juice look very healthy.

GOALS:

Immediate:`Quick harvest and bloom room turnover. Have sub panel built within a month that will allow future expansion from 4kw of bloom light to 6kw..

3 months:initial test cross will be ready to go into bloom.  Also want to have a second bloom room built(future 2kw tent).

9 months:build privacy fence that is 32'x32' area for the backyard.  I want it against the house so there will be lower cost and won't need an exterior gate.

14 months: begin greenhouse grow with bringing the four biggest plants out for blooming.  I plan on making my own greenhouse out of two frames for a 10'x20' carport sold at harbor freight and some clear plastic.  Money from vending this greenhouse crop will be used to rent some farmhouse with land to build a more permanent structure(and taking more patients and have more constant supply).

thats the dream anyways.

#41 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

good luck on all your projects

#42 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Goals and Dreams..... gotta have them!  (sorry to hear your kitty passed... not easy, still missing my doggie and its been a year already).

hope all your projects turn out as you hope!

you got this!

smhug.gif

#43 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:07 PM

playing with instagram and my account is Ohmless420 if you care to follow me.  I took a few pics tonight but will do again tomorrow when things look less stressed.  haha.  I corrected today but needed to have watered more often or higher volume as every three days was not enough.  Everything looks much different now and is nearly a whole new garden.  just a couple more plants to harvest and I likely will be starting a new chapter/thread.

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#44 KnowAndGrow

KnowAndGrow

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2084 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

Awesome pics, Ohm!  I might just have to two-wheel my little butt up to MI sometime over the summer...if you're near the OH border, I'll spring for a coffee :)

Keep the cool grow going!! :)

K&G

#45 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26122 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:39 AM

Keep it coming Ohmless...very cool!

• plant boy, KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#46 pitviper

pitviper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 12:50 AM

very happy and healthy looking trees,

nice clean grow,seems like you have a lot of height in that tent.

the limited height in my space forces me to flower them at around six inches,or else they'll get fried by the reflector.

nice pictures of the harvested buds too.looks like some mighty fine herbal meds.

looking forward to seeing more. 

#47 KaK

KaK

Retired Staff

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5612 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

nice project.... but in the 1st post when you back cross back to P1 it wount be F3 but BX1 and then when you take the BX1 back to P1 again it will be BX2.. F1 threw F4 are done with brother and sister down the line...

#48 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21501 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:46 PM

What KaK's talking about....

http://www.cannabase...tm#Backcrossing

http://www.marijuana...igh-t24986.html

http://en.wikipedia....ian_inheritance

• Bueller, plant boy and Ohmless like this

#49 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

kk.  reasonably new to reading up about it.  currently working on maintaining genetics while learning what to do at another date.  The breeding will probably start when I get a second grow room that I won't care about pollen being in.  Both my males will pollinate separate clones of jillybean to see what the better male is.  Beyond that all things are flexible.  Please keep chiming in with knowledge when you can guys.

garden update this afternoon.

• Bueller, plant boy and pitviper like this

#50 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18410 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:43 AM

got pics?

• Ohmless likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wicking, earthbox, cheesequake, blueberry, jillybean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users