#1 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

Hello again to old members and hello anew for the new members.  I have had health problems over the last year and have been gardening very poorly during this time.  Therefore there was nothing to see.  I needed a mental sabbatical from the grow room and feel refreshed.  Now it is time to rehab a neglected garden, bring in new genetics, and make this a productive garden again.

Inventory

-----------

Strains:  I still have the blueberry cutting that was wrongly labeled in a dispensary along with my jillybean.  Two days ago just popped 5 cheesequake seeds.  I need a skunk in the lineup and read good things about this variety.  I hope it yields better than the other skunks.

Bloom Garden: 4Kw HPS in 6" ducted hoods.  the bulbs are all past the date I normally use them, but I have read that most keep them a year.  My standard is to keep them for half a year.  I will correct this problem down the line with new bulbs.  The charcoal filter is still working strong as well as the vent fans.  I need to clean all the leaf debris on the floor but have to wait until the current crop is done and out of there to sweep.  I also need to clean the glass reflectors.  I have the air cooling ducts connected with duct tape for most of them so it will be a mess to get in there for the most part.

bloom plants:  these plants have gone without fertilizer for about a month and had multiple dry periods in the meantime also.  The good thing in all of this is that the plants are still alive, not hermied and the fungus gnats are all gone!  The plants are on week 6 of 10.

Veg garden: 3x150w HPS along with 4x80 watts of floro bulbs.  All the veg garden went through the same problems as the bloom plants with the addition of being root bound.  Tomorrow taking cuts and hoping for the best as I transplant all the large plants in veg into the bloom room right away.  They will be monitored closely for hermaphroditism.  There are also 5 two day old cheesequake seedlings in solo cups under floro lighting.

Attached Files

• Tokecrazy, Turf, Bueller and 4 others like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

i'm in for this one :D

rock on mate

Bong

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 3 others like this

#3 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

Yeah, I'm going to be pulling up a chair too. I definitely want to see the reclamation project. And I hope your health gets better, for real.

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, plant boy and 3 others like this

#4 Bueller

Bueller

Throttle Jockey

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26115 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

Cool,

Best of luck with your run this time,

the CQ had some interesting and tasty expressions... hope you get one.

• Tokecrazy, plant boy, PoeticLife and 2 others like this

#5 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18390 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:25 AM

god to see you back,,,,,it's a wonder how well a shop vac works on dead leaves, don't have to wait

• Tokecrazy, Bueller, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#6 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

Great Idea.  I have one on hand and will do that tonight.  I don't want to wait.  I saw a lawyer on youtube that was from my state and he said dried leaves count for carry limit.  I also have a surplus of fresh frozen trim that will be made into dry ice kief in a matter of days.  I want to keep things as legal as possible.  I do not want snags.

Tonight is another round of cuttings.  Tomorrow transplant all large plants in veg into the bloom room.

Pics to come.

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 3 others like this

#7 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

wooohoooooooo ohm :D get them babies dipped and planted

looking forward to seeing cheesequake grow out lolol i love any cheese hybrids

Bong

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#8 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Here are pics of the garden.  The bloom room was shop vacuumed and as many dead leaves as possible were pulled off the plants.  Everything is as shown prior to getting watered today so looking a little limp.  The four largest plants in veg were transplanted into earthboxes(two to a box).  The other four will be done tomorrow with buckets.  Included in the pics are the two day old cuttings of blueberry and jillybean.  There is still a marked mess in the closet upstairs that will be cleaned out after the plants get transplanted.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, KnuckleDragger and 2 others like this

#9 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18390 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

shop vac did it's job,,,,,,looks a lot cleaner,,,,grow babies grow

• Bueller, KnuckleDragger, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#10 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

since my strategy was questioned on canopy size, I thought I would discuss it some to exchange points of view with you all.

With the inverse square law, a 1000-watt HID that emits 100,000 initial lumens yields 11,111 lumens three feet (90 cm) away according to Jorge.  I have a goal of growing where most of the canopy is in this sweet spot(>10,000 lumens.)  I use air cooled hoods lowered as much as the plants tolerate plus a couple inches for growth.  I also lollipop the plants as the bottom quarter of the plant is fully duff, so I keep the plant trimmed bare in this region of the plant when moved into the bloom room and again in the third week of bloom.

The plants that were just transplanted and put into bloom this week were an exception.  The plants were very tall and went through repeated water stress due to being rootbound.  I trimmed away most of the dead leaf and I trimmed more off than I normally would when lollipopping.

• Bueller, plant boy and KnowAndGrow like this

#11 esinohio

esinohio

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:32 AM

Glad your feeling better enough to get active in the grow room again.  Look forward to seeing those Cheesequakes from how much Bong raves about those Cheese strains :) 

• Bueller, plant boy, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#12 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

Harvested some of the blueberry tops.  After I take a branch off, I take off as many leaf tips as I can, along with any leaf that is not coated in crystal.  This is called a pretrim and is vital for hash potency.  Then my brother trims the buds into fully manicured flowers.  they then stay in a tray until dry.  Curing is done in tupperware containers.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, PoeticLife and 1 other like this

#13 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:38 AM

Nice tray of flowers :laughleaf:

• Bueller, plant boy, KnowAndGrow and 1 other like this

#14 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

got a few toys over the last few days.  The first picture is of 15 new made in America smart pots(3 gallon size) and my new pressing/blotting screen for making hash.  The second picture is of the zester I bought on a trip to get seeds across town near the Bed Bath and Beyond store.  The new seeds are TGA Quantum Kush.  I am really excited to pop them.  Unpictured is a bunch of about 20 seeds that are Hawaiian indica crossed to become one acclimatized to Michigan.  Yet to arrive are new tracking motor drives for my telescope.

Attached Files

#15 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18390 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:19 AM

the screen is for the bubble bags?

• Bueller and Ohmless like this

#16 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:00 PM

yeah.  after collecting from the bubble bags, the slurry gets put on this screen(with a towel underneath) so more water gets wicked out before getting spread out to dry.

• Bueller, plant boy and PoeticLife like this

#17 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18390 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

been there , do that. i bounce drip it in the bag then scoop it out with a big spoon and put it on the screens

• Bueller, PoeticLife and Ohmless like this

#18 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

Picture 1: These are the plants that have been in bloom for a week.  Doing well and very thirsty.

Picture 2: These are the newly popped TGA Cheesequake and TGA Quantum Kush.  so far of the twenty seeds I have had for TGA ALL have popped.

Picture 3: These are the Jillybean and Blueberry cuts all rooted and ready for transplanting to be done tomorrow.

Picture 4: These are the remaining plants in veg that haven't been transplanted and put into bloom yet.

Attached Files

• Bueller, plant boy, tumbleweed and 1 other like this

#19 Papaw49

Papaw49

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5641 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:58 PM

nice garden tour :laughleaf:

#20 PoeticLife

PoeticLife

Keeper of the Sacred Panic Button!!

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8617 posts
  • LocationDown the rabbit hole.. my alternate universe.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:04 PM

so glad to see you starting back up.... i know too well how illness gets in the way of growing how we'd like to, yet we keep it going somehow.

wishing you health & good meds!!!

• Bueller, plant boy and Ohmless like this

#21 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:21 AM

Still going well.  the cheesequake will be transplanted into 3 gallon fabric pots tomorrow and placed under a stronger light(they have been under floros so far.  Plan is to get them about two foot tall, take a couple cuttings at least, and throw into bloom for sexing.  I will not be choosing a male from either the cheesequake or the quantum kush.  My future breeding project is being shared among good friends and will be announced after I order the seeds needed for male selection.  Currently looking for the best females of these varieties for the cross(potentially using jillybean also).  The blueberry all be put into bloom and no mother kept for the garden.  TGA all the way!

As for problems, my biggest one is needing to get rid of grow trash.  This is to be addressed tomorrow also.  I also need to fix the ducting for the air cooled lights.  It fell down and was noticed when I turned the lights off.

• Bueller and plant boy like this

#22 Bong

Bong

420 BONG FREAK

• Moderators
  • 2250 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:43 AM

cool OHM :D love the tray of buds mate

best of luck with the babies

Bong

• Bueller, plant boy and Ohmless like this

#23 plant boy

plant boy

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18390 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:52 AM

they all look happy and healthy

• Bueller and Ohmless like this

#24 Ohmless

Ohmless

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

Picture 1: plants that have been transplanted into larger pots two days ago, put in the bloom room, and fed pH'ed floralicious plus.  They already show a couple inches of growth.

Picture 2:this is just to show the buds forming already in week two of flowering.  The plants did stretch as expected and the light is at its near highest setting.  If I need to raise it more I have to bin the angled hanger and make my own coat hanger hangars that are low profile.  I had to do this in my garden in Colorado so this is an easy hack to get more height.  I put in two fresh bulbs to provide coverage for the plants that are pictured in picture 1 and 2.

No picture:  I did not take pictures of the plants remaining.  As expected, after a month of flush the plants are entirely yellow and the buds in Picture 3 came from the branches above the tomato cages.  Today we started the second phase of harvest(middle and bottom buds remaining on the plants after the harvest of the heads).  Picture 3 is Blueberry middles.

Picture 4 is of the newly transplanted Cheesequake.  Yesterday I started to see signs of the roots reaching the bottom of the solo cups as on the bottom leaves there was drying and odd colorations from what could easily be mistaken for N deficiency.  They are/have been in promix BX(I highly recommend) and have 3 gallon smartpots for shoes.  This is my first use and I am happy with the product.  Notably that the pot stayed upright and open when empty(didn't expect this).  Prior to this they have been given straight RO water(not even pH'ed) and today received their first feeding of medium strength Veg Pure Blend Pro with floralicious plus and a Michigan based product called Mr. Mucha Stach Witch water(calmag alternative).

Picture 5: These are the cuttings remaining(one was culled).  These will recieve their first feeding of the same medium strength solution above tomorrow.  These will also be under an HPS tonight and soon will be ready for transplant also.

Picture 6: These are the still young Quantum Kush.  I eyeball they will need a couple more weeks at the most before they get transplanted.  Busy busy busy.

Attached Files

• Bueller likes this

#25 Turf

Turf

Master Gardener

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1985 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:43 AM

lookin good ohm!!!!!!

• Ohmless likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wicking, earthbox, cheesequake, blueberry, jillybean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users