6 replies to this topic

#1 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

I have been planning on trying the cannabis oil for my CFS for about 7 months now and after growing my first plant I just made a small batch of SR's NN oil.  I am curing the rest so I can make RSO very soon, maybe in a few days.  My health issues really are a major adrenal problem I think, and I tried to research how the oil might help or hurt but there just isn't much info out there (I did find a small amount of conflicting info on it).  I started taking the NN oil last week and when I took it I felt better than I had in many years-but had some forgetfulness  which is OK.  But as soon as the oil wares off I feel worse than ever.  I am wondering if this is actually hurting my adrenals rather than supporting them?

Does anyone have experience with an issue like this?  Or does anyone know a way for me to find out more about how it might be impacting my adrenals?

I really want this to work!

• Bueller, painretreat and BrotherWill like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 Bueller

Bueller

Good Bye

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25979 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

I did a bit of readying but not enough to draw any conclusions on adrenal gland function outside of what could be considered heresay

Have you checked Granny's List?

• BrotherWill likes this

#3 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:22 PM

Yes, I just checked and didn't see "adrenal fatigue" or anything like that listed.  I saw a couple of things listed for CFS but it isn't really helpful.  I guess I will just have to go slow and see what happens. 

• Bueller and BrotherWill like this

#4 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

I have an auto-immune disease(MS) and when medications wear-off, I feel the same.  Are you taking any prescriptions medications with it?

How long does the nno last?  It is ok to take another dose or you will find yourself constantly going in and out of discomfort/pain.  Prescribed medications do that to me, as well as the rso.  In fact, I was in so much pain with the rso releasing stiff muscles to going back to stiff when it wore off;  so I increased my number of dose's and dose, quickly to avoid those issues.

Uncle Bill's NNO or rso needs to be administered more than once a day.  I am only in my planning stage to use the NNO but, rso..works similarly.  I bet the NNO lasts longer for symptom management. 

If the NNO is helping your CFS, which strain do you use I also have CFS/Fibro/MS.  The rso does not help my CFS, at all and IDK if it is strain specific or dose related.  But I have some lemon haze x skunk set aside for my NNO and I'll be getting right with getting it made, asap, after reading how much it is helping you!  thank you for this post! pr

• Bueller and BrotherWill like this

#5 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Oh that is very interesting!  I also have found anything that has helped me in the past wears off within a week or two and no longer works-my fingers are crossed this won't happen with the oil.

I have a lot of pain as well and I noticed two days ago that one of my shoulders had a lot less pain after dosing the NN for a couple of days-I could actually raise it above my head without it hurting-amazing as I couldn't do that for a few years!  I have only just started experimenting with this so from what I can tell a dose will last for 12-16 hours-however it also may help things the day after I have taken it as well-I have noticed this twice now (the day after I  take it I actually sleep better).  I can't say anything for sure since it is all new to me but would be happy to fill you in as more time goes by.

I am using Aurora Indica and will have a few more varieties to try soon.  It has helped me get some better sleep a few times now.  My issue is not getting almost any restful sleep because my adrenals are always rushing especially at night-don't know if you have a similar experience?  If so maybe this will help  for you.  I have read that people with CFS need stimulating plants, however I need something to calm my body because I am always feeling so jittery so that's why I chose AI.

I really hope you have some improvements, I am about to make some RSO soon to see what that's like too!

• painretreat and BrotherWill like this

#6 painretreat

painretreat

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • LocationSo. Cali

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

cbird, if it works...well that is all that counts!

My experience with rso was, after I quit it continued to work for almost 3 months--pain free!  I was never on a dose large enough to effect any sort of remission or cure, though.

Indicas do not help my CFS, at all.   I don't have the jitters.  It is starting to look like I need THC Bomb strain for CFS, it is the only thing I've tried that works.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to find.

My thots are to control symptoms with the NNO; but i really don't want it to last into the next day.  I need energy during the day and have difficulty sleeping at night.   Maybe, that will work though;  my night-time med of a strong indica might keep me from getting so stiff by morning!  If I am not so stiff, maybe the daytime CFS wold be less.  IDK, but that's the plan. pr

• BrotherWill likes this

#7 cbird

cbird

Seasoned Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Yes, I think it is just trial and error to find out what is helpful and what is not, everyone is different. 

What does THC Bomb do for you?

That is amazing that you were pain free for 3 months on the RSO!!

I am guessing there aren't many CFS people here but I haven't searched the website much-it is all so new I don't really know what I'm doing yet!

You said you didn't get high enough doses of the RSO to put you into remission-will you try that in the future?  I am guessing maybe the RSO wasn't a great fit for you if you are wanting to focus on the NN?  Would love to know your experiences.

• painretreat and BrotherWill like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users