Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

Photo
- - - - -

Continue conventional treatment with RSO?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 urbanhillbilly

urbanhillbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:34 AM

I'm about to dig into a round treatment with RSO, but in a matter of weeks I will have to make a decision on whether to continue my conventional treatment for my prostate cancer. A short background; I had my prostate removed in '10, PSA rose almost immediately and underwent radiation and hormone therapy together. Numbers only worked in my favor for a matter of months and since then I've been on various hormone therapies. At the end of August I had to go back to a 6-month hormone therapy injection, eligard, and soon I'll be due for another if I'm going to continue that course of action at the same time as my RSO treatment. FWIW, my oncologist has no clue I'm going to use RSO and I won't be mentioning it to him. 

I admit I'd rather get off hormone therapy. I have had some trouble with the side effects. My doc said last summer that he thought it was best if I stayed on it permanently, but I would prefer to find another course of action. The longer I stay on hormone therapy, the more likely it is that the switch in my body that tells it to make its own testosterone will never click back on, even after I stop the injections. I'm in my early 50s and hope to have many years ahead of me. 

If I do stay on injections, at least for the time being, I don't think there's really any way to know whether or not the RSO is working. Also, if I do have this next injection, then how long should I continue them? I'll work through my initial 60 grams in the next few months. 

One more thing. I have modest residences in two states, one that's 420 friendly and one that's not. Of course, my primary residence is in the unfriendly state, but my legal residence for now is in the 420 state. After my 60 grams are done, I'm considering using CBD oil while I'm in the non-MMJ state until I return for visits here. Is CBD oil good enough to be effective for maintenance doses? 

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:24 AM

Hey sweetie.... you've got a lot of questions there that we really can't answer.   That has to be your decision all the way around.

Here is some links to a couple threads you might want to read through to help with that.

https://www.greenpas... cancer cured

and most especially this post within that thread.

https://www.greenpas...e-3#entry388683

This kind of shows you how the oil works... and that it's a bit normal for the psa's to go up a bit before going down with the healing of the oil.  Kind of like you get a bit worse before getting better.

and here another full thread to read about the success of the oil

https://www.greenpas...gone-a-journal/

Hope this helps settle your mind.

Wishing you the best on beating this!

Hugs!

#3 urbanhillbilly

urbanhillbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:33 PM

I've read some of Dennis Hill's posts here about his journey and that he did stay on Lupron during his RSO treatment. One question I'd like to get an answer to is, how long did he stay on Lupron? I know some of what I'm asking would really take in-depth medical research, research that is light-years behind where it should be because of the politicized stigma against cannabis. 

#4 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

If he didn't post it all up in his thread sweetie I really don't know what to tell you and as with most things everyone is different and reacts differently to meds.   I wish I could give more help here but it's really outta my ummm well realm so to speak. 

Hopefully someone with some experiences of there own will give you a hand here if they are around.

Many prayers and best wishes headed your way!

Hugs!

#5 urbanhillbilly

urbanhillbilly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

Thank you, kittypup, I appreciate your responses, as well as your prayers. My timeline for prostate cancer matches up pretty well with when Dennis was diagnosed and started treatment. We picked different initial courses and it took me longer to turn to cannabis, but I'm trying to get on track with this plant and what it has to offer. There is more material from Dennis that i have yet to read or videos to watch, so if he doesn't respond here perhaps I'll find an answer or two on my own. If anyone else knows how long he stayed on lupron, (or any of my other questions) I'd appreciate the info. I'm just trying to feel my way along and learn as I go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users