5 replies to this topic

#1 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

I know it is insane to think anyone could overdose on THC from flowers. It's laughable. But with the rise of cannabis oils and extractions... is it now possible to overdose on it? Or is it still that you have to ingest/consume such a ridiculous amount of oil that you just physically can't do it fast enough or long enough?

• Tokecrazy and teddys head like this

Please Visit Our Paid Sponsors

#2 BobGereck

BobGereck

Educated Member

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

iv taken almost a whole gram at once but I had built up to it when I was treating my cancer.If you take too much to start you may get a little off balance but impossible to od all the best bob
  • teddys head likes this

#3 Genesis 1:29

Genesis 1:29

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:54 AM

taking too much oi too quickly can be very unpleasant, like LSD and Jack Daniels combined, although it won't hurt you it can be very scary. when people first start taking RSO they take pieces the size of a BB and twice that amount would be an overdose.....

• teddys head likes this

#4 kittypup

kittypup

• Moderators
  • 3767 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

Bottom line is this... if you take too much whether it be oil... medibles... tincture ect.   won't kill you.. but it sure can send you on one more wild trip and make you sicker than sick.   (projectile vomiting and so forth)  Nothing life threatening... but boy oh boy.. like you said.. not pleasant for sure!   Been there done that.. and sure made me be much more careful! LOL!

Hugs!

• teddys head and YoniKunda like this

#5 PowerbombGuy

PowerbombGuy

Grower

• Seasoned Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Yay, answers to my crazy questions.

For the record, this whole questioning was just about curiousity, because I know a lethal dose of THC is an insane amount. So I guess if you chewed on a pound of oil for a minute and swallowed it, the only thing that would happen is a bad day or two. That's good to know...

and knowing is half the battle.

• KnuckleDragger likes this

#6 KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Destroyer of Worlds

• Super Administrators
  • 21026 posts
  • LocationTexas, The one and only

Posted 14 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

A toxic (not lethal) overdose of weed is around 8 pounds so doing anything really harmful to yourself, even with concentrates, isn't very likely but as has been mentioned could be very non-fun. The thing is smoking and vaping tends to be self-moderating where other methods can cause over-medicating.

I remember back in the 70's when I decided to make brownies. I bought the brownie mix then had to decide on how much weed to use. I had a half pound of some REALLY good Oaxacan in my closet and decided a solid half ounce would do the trick. Made them up and cut'em into big old brownies. Ate one, waited 20 minutes, nothing, so I ate another one. After the 35 or so minutes after eating the first one I had a little buzz and said screw it and ate 2 more. Well after a few minutes I realized my error as the first brownies were well into the digestive process and really starting to kick in. 10 hours later when I peeled myself of the ceiling I cut the remaining brownies in half and limited myself to just one at a time.

The moral of the story? Work your dose up, not down.  :D

• YoniKunda likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users